The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Habs Covet Pierre-Luc Dubois

fivethej

Kypreos stated on HNIC panel Habs have been after Pierre-Luc Dubois since he was drafted. He's improved this season but isn't considered "untouchable". No decision or move will happen until Columbus has all their forwards back from injury. They're in "win now" with 2 yr window they've had to contend.

Friedman added that it was heavily rumored in the past that Columbus coveted Galchenyuk but Friedman wasn't sure if that was still the case or not.

3 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Kypreos stated on HNIC panel Habs have been after Pierre-Luc Dubois since he was drafted. He's improved this season but isn't considered "untouchable". No decision or move will happen until Columbus has all their forwards back from injury. They're in "win now" with 2 yr window they've had to contend.

Friedman added that it was heavily rumored in the past that Columbus coveted Galchenyuk but Friedman wasn't sure if that was still the case or not.

Patches!!!

3 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Torts called him out during World Cup.

hmmm.  Perhaps he has forgiven Torts :D.  I dont know.  Maybe Drouin +? ^^  I can't imagine CBJ wanting to move him unless its for a major upgrade thats going to outperform PLD for at least the next 3 seasons.  Patches 1 for 1 would make sense value wise if MTL was gong-ho on him as their future #1.  But..

if what you said is a problem that might be a non starter.  Not sure who else MTL has of high value they'd want to move that might interest CBJ.  I would think PLD would be a cornerstone piece.  What if we got offered PLD for Gudbranson + Granlund?  hmmm.. lets stay on topic with MTL though lol.

Hmmmm.....after Kekäläinen went against conventional wisdom and selected the centre du Bois over the winger and countryman Puljujärvi in the 2016 draft, Columbus deals him?

The Habs can covet du Bois all they want.  I'd be surprised if  they got him.  And for what price?  Habs are in win now mode while Price is still in his prime.  Why would they give up the farm for a 19 year old?

54 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Hmmmm.....after Kekäläinen went against conventional wisdom and selected the centre du Bois over the winger and countryman Puljujärvi in the 2016 draft, Columbus deals him?

The Habs can covet du Bois all they want.  I'd be surprised if  they got him.  And for what price?  Habs are in win now mode while Price is still in his prime.  Why would they give up the farm for a 19 year old?

I had the draft order as mathews, laine, poolparty, tkatchuk. Rumours were the Canadiens wanted him bad. Wonder if the habs had a deal to move in on 5 if he was there.

Archived