The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he's also just a kid who came into the league pretty immature. He's having the season now most hoped he would have had his first year here. I'm not buying Ray's "analysis" tbh, Jake has improved a lot defensively and you can't be unaware and do that. I can't remember the last time I heard Ferarro say something interesting, other than when he didn't know who Gadjovich was during the WJs. 

I'd like to see a 2 year extension for Jake and see what more Green can do with him in that time before we make the call that he can't read plays, it will come. Some guys just need more time. 

Ferraro's a blowhard.

11 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Agreed.   Playoffs were not on the table this year and I found it funny even 20 games ago when statistically they were in a position.   This isn't a playoff team yet.   Enjoy this process.   Enjoy that Utica is again competitive.  Enjoy that almost everyday one prospect in CHL or Europe does something noteworthy (today it was DiPietro playing lights out).    So much to enjoy with this franchise right now but playoffs, not in the cards.

imagine what Demko could do on a team without 8 or 9 PTOs. 

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Markstrom stole one. Team worked as hard as they are capable, the commentator even said "see they can compete with any team", but it was still slow and ragged.

weird, I liked last nights effort. It wasn't pretty but I wouldn't call it "slow". I bet Markstrom feels better about that 2 points than any other game this year except his shutout. 

7 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Markstrom stole one. Team worked as hard as they are capable, the commentator even said "see they can compete with any team", but it was still slow and ragged.

Boudreau thought that both teams looked pretty tired.

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

i seriuosly doubt boeser gets a bridge deal you sign him 8 yrs at 7 mill per   hes worth the money  basically  that contract takes him to 29 yrs old   with multiple cups in 2-3 yrs a hart and multiple richard trophies 

Not after just one season.  Two-year bridge, then both sides know what he's worth and lock him up long-term until he's 31.

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not after just one season.  Two-year bridge, then both sides know what he's worth and lock him up long-term until he's 31.

I would like to see the bridge deal used more with top players too.  It's seeming, though, with the top players the bridge deals are not being used.  

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yip. I love what I've seen of Brock so far but to throw a long term big money deal at him would be nuts. Bridge deal and see where he is at a few years from now. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I would like to see the bridge deal used more with top players too.  It's seeming, though, with the top players the bridge deals are not being used.  

It's a major issue in the NHL right now. GM's are not being prudent in my opinion by handing out career contracts based on one or even two years of good stats. Atkinson's contract? 

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No sarcasm, had never heard of this.   Not a clue to be honest.   Was it a big deal as you hear nothing about it today.    

it's from almost a decade before I was born but I think it was a popular show. 

Just now, tas said:

it's from almost a decade before I was born but I think it was a popular show. 

Never heard of it - even remotely.  Your info sent me to Google and I found a lot about it including an incredibly annoying song that sounded like a ripoff from the annoying Cheers song.   Funny that Travolta started that young in a show like that.   

1 minute ago, rekker said:

It's a major issue in the NHL right now. GM's are not being prudent in my opinion by handing out career contracts based on one or even two years of good stats. Atkinson's contract? 

I agree.  The teams have the players locked up, so why give a long term deal for huge dollars until you need to?  The Oilers might have really done themselves in (again) with the McDavid and Draisatl contracts.  The Sabres look to have done the same with Eichel.  I could see if it's a guy like Bo, who is getting 5.5, which is a more reasonable cap hit over the term, but these BIG dollar deals make no sense, when a team doesn't need to do that.  Now those young players have to carry the load in all aspects of the game, along with being the leaders too.  There is not enough money left for the middle guys to play the Dzone starts, and PK.  

11 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

He is important to this team in the sense that he is better than Chaput and Dowd. But if you look at his stats, he basically kills possession and scoring chances for any linemates he has.

How is that working out for you in managing Arizona?   Hockey isn't played on paper and by computers.   Sutter is given the toughest defensive assignments and many more Dzone starts - two things that tend to "kill possession and scoring chances".   He is a very solid NHL player and on this team their 2nd or 3rd most important c-ice man.   

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You're too young to hear of "Welcome Back Kotter". 

Apparently not now as I just listened to it.   Until about 30 minutes ago, had not a clue.   Given what I was able to Google, I consider my 30 minute ago self luckier than my present self in terms of hearing that song.    

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree.  The teams have the players locked up, so why give a long term deal for huge dollars until you need to?  The Oilers might have really done themselves in (again) with the McDavid and Draisatl contracts.  The Sabres look to have done the same with Eichel.  I could see if it's a guy like Bo, who is getting 5.5, which is a more reasonable cap hit over the term, but these BIG dollar deals make no sense, when a team doesn't need to do that.  Now those young players have to carry the load in all aspects of the game, along with being the leaders too.  There is not enough money left for the middle guys to play the Dzone starts, and PK.  

Love the Bo contract. I forgot to mention the Eichel deal. I rolled my eyes at that one when it went down as well. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Edmonton has done that with pretty much everyone of their 'generational' talents they have signed over the past 10 years! 

Archived