The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hawks interested in Canucks D Michael Del Zotto

Adarsh Sant

Just now, Drew.Doughty said:

Rather keep MDZ on the team. He's still under contract and can play 20 mins a night.

That applies to any player under contract lol. Hutton can play 20. MDZ can play 20. Stecher can play 20. Heck I can play 20. Doesn't mean it's a good 20.

I have no idea who the source is, and how credible he is, but I hope we keep MDZ. He's a good guy to have on the team. A pairing of him and Tanev could be really good. He can skate up the ice, he's good in the locker room and he has an A. He's only 27. I'd rather trade away Hutton before MDZ.

4 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

That applies to any player under contract lol. Hutton can play 20. MDZ can play 20. Stecher can play 20. Heck I can play 20. Doesn't mean it's a good 20.

Well said. I don't mind MDZ but there isn't really many players I wouldn't consider trading at this point. Trade em allllll :P

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd love to see your 20 in an NHL game....animation-80.gif

Lol it would be terrible. But being able to play 20 isn't a quality that you should have to say about an NHL D man. Every D man should be able to play 20. The question is whether it's a good or bad 20

4 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

I have no idea who the source is, and how credible he is, but I hope we keep MDZ. He's a good guy to have on the team. A pairing of him and Tanev could be really good. He can skate up the ice, he's good in the locker room and he has an A. He's only 27. I'd rather trade away Hutton before MDZ.

The source is a writer for HockeyBuzz AKA Eklund's Rumor Factory of Misery and Despair.

Trade him if the return is decent.

I honestly feel like these boards place way too much emphasis on "feeling" rather than statistics. Del Zotto and Gudbranson are statistically our two worst defenceman by a mile, yet these boards inflate their values so much. Sure the guy can munch minutes and has a touch of offense, but the numbers simply don't lie. The Canucks get buried in possession, scoring chances, and goals when the guy is on the ice.

I like him. I like Guddy. But I hope both are traded to make room for Pouliot and a spot for Juolevi next year. Holm and Biega can fill the gaps until next season.

2 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Lol it would be terrible. But being able to play 20 isn't a quality that you should have to say about an NHL D man. Every D man should be able to play 20. The question is whether it's a good or bad 20

My 20 would be tragic. I'd be far more useful as a delineator or an emergency brake for the Zamboni. 

I agree in trading a player if the price is right but you also dont want to scare off potential free agents by trading away all of your recent multi year signings. Players are human beings too. I'm sure when they sign a multi year deal they would prefer to play it out and not have to relocate the family every year.

Archived