The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Corey Crawford likely to miss rest of season with vertigo-like symptoms

There appears to be a mounting belief that Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford could be sidelined for the remainder of the season, reports Mark Lazerus of the Sun-Times.

Head coach Joel Quenneville said 10 days ago that Crawford was expected to return from an upper-body injury at some point, but apparently it's not quite that cut and dry.

From Lazerus:

Three sources told the Sun-Times that Crawford is dealing with vertigo-like symptoms, for the second time in his career. And there is a growing concern within the organization that Crawford could miss the rest of the season, Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported on Tuesday.

Crawford has not played since Dec. 23, and was placed on injured reserve shortly after the holiday break, at which point he was ruled out indefinitely.

Prior to being removed from the lineup, Crawford was playing some of the best hockey of his career, posting a record of 16-9-2 with a .929 save percentage. Anton Forsberg and Jeff Glass have been tending the net in his absence, and the Blackhawks currently sit bottom of the Central Division standings.

Crawford missed almost a month at the end of 2015-16 with what was reported to be symptoms of vertigo, but he was able to return for the postseason.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1464545

I don't think the Blackhawks would have been a playoff contender this year anyways.

The Jets, Preds, and Blues pretty much locks in the central division

Blackhawks would have been in the wild card race with Stars, Wild, Ducks, Kings, Flames and I don't see them being better than those teams except the wild. Retool in the offseason for them. Get a mid grade prospect. Try to trade Anisimov for some prospects in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'm curious to see if they trade for a fill in or run with Forsberg/Glass.

Hmmm we'll see... if I'm Bowman, I go after Ryan Miller. 

But then again his wife probably wouldn't let him go to Chicago :lol:

28 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'm curious to see if they trade for a fill in or run with Forsberg/Glass.

Why bother? Their goose is cooked. There are no stop gaps that are worth bringing in that will be much better than the dog's breakfast they currently have. Here's hoping they don't make the playoffs so everyone can stop riding Bowman's jock like he is some sort of GM wizard. Plus they have zero cap room to work with. Any trade they make will mean they have to move some of their bloated contracts to balance it out.

13 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Why bother? Their goose is cooked. There are no stop gaps that are worth bringing in that will be much better than the dog's breakfast they currently have. Here's hoping they don't make the playoffs so everyone can stop riding Bowman's jock like he is some sort of GM wizard. Plus they have zero cap room to work with. Any trade they make will mean they have to move some of their bloated contracts to balance it out.

With playoffs in jeopardy they might make a desperate trade in an attempt for another run.

As much as I don't like them, I hope they do make the playoffs. Only thing worse than Edmonton with another lottery win is Chicago winning.

29 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

yet their big guns are signed for another 6-7 years. :lol:

Hopefully, no team is stupid enough to trade for either one, and help out the Hawks.  It will a pleasure to watch their team fall into decay, disorder, and the abyss of despair.  (kind of joining us. :()

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

this is probably correct. I guess they could try to do some smaller deals to try to improve their D but I doubt anything big happens now. 

I got severe vertigo in mid September still suffering  from it today. Was told could take up to a year to fully recover.

Wouldn’t wish it on anyone pure misery. Hopefully if he has vertigo he has the positional one which can be treated with maneuvers and exercises, I unfortunalty have the other one which only time can heal.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

That's nasty.  The Hawks are getting near the end of a really good run.  

There goes the likelyhood of chicago putting down some assets for upgrades.  I can't see them adding goaltending + + other pieces unless the goalie is cheap. I'd say lets offer Nilsson in a package but he hasn't exactly been reliable in long stretches.  There are a lot of teams looking for goalies.  curious how this all ends.  Is Chicago going to bow out? or do a partial load up? (feels like a full load now needing a goalie)

2 hours ago, SamJamIam said:

Allows a large contract to come off the books - Check

Involves a symptom that is very difficult/impossible to prove is persistent - Check

Cap circumvention? - Check

Next Seabrook contracts some rare strain of Madagascarn Mumpy Malaria, which requires 6 yrs of bed-rest...

Archived