The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Johnson for Gudbransson

Keep in mind, if we can get anything of value for Gudbransson I am fully in support of it.  Picks or prospects would be great.  The rumours I am hearing is Gudbransson is not high on anyone's list and the return will be so low it might not be worth it.  Here's what i propose if that is the case.  Swap him for Jack Johnson.  Torts loves that tough nosed defenceman and Johnson has already requested a trade.  He is not the answer the Canucks are looking for but it would give us a different look on d.  He is more offence minded and on a squad that ranks so low on points by defence he is needed.  He has played that power play role before and although he isn't what he used to be he is still better then Guddy.  He can play the style we are trying to change to better then Erik.  Once again I am hoping we could trade Guddy for picks and or prospects but if not this may be the next best thing.

28 minutes ago, Kanuck_Krazy said:

Keep in mind, if we can get anything of value for Gudbransson I am fully in support of it.  Picks or prospects would be great.  The rumours I am hearing is Gudbransson is not high on anyone's list 

You do know you can ignore those voices you hear.    

Not sure this solves anything, or if JJ is really a guy we'd look to sign as a free agent.... 

I also don't believe the non-interest rumours coming out of Toronto mostly. Same "reporters" are writing stories about how Lou is happy to go into the playoffs with his teams D the way it is :lol: 

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

to cbj: gagner

to van: johnson

cbj pp hasnt been the same without him and could use the center depth 

Their PP was bottom of the league over the last 45 games of last season (only ahead of Colorado).  Their PP was very good to start the year but that didn't last.

Makes 0 sense:

1. JJ is 5 years old than Guddy

2. JJ is also a pending UFA

3. JJ is a LHD, were we have a ton of depth(not saying he isnt an upgrade on most of them) 

4. We need a youngish RHD coming back or a prospect or pick type of deal if we end up moving Guddy

2 hours ago, billabong said:

to cbj: gagner

to van: johnson

cbj pp hasnt been the same without him and could use the center depth 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'd be ok with this. 

What about an Edler for Johnson swap? if we acquired lets say Johnson for Gudbranson we could then flip Edler.  

Who is the better D man for us ?  Johnson or Edler?  Would Johnson have more offensive flair then edler? would he work better with Tanev?

21 hours ago, Rush17 said:

What about an Edler for Johnson swap? if we acquired lets say Johnson for Gudbranson we could then flip Edler.  

Who is the better D man for us ?  Johnson or Edler?  Would Johnson have more offensive flair then edler? would he work better with Tanev?

Ya gotta think Eddie would JUMP at the chance to play again for Torts, in Palookaville, usa.

Archived