The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (21-25) 2018

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yep, last day before the All-Star break. 15 games, 30 teams in action. From that schedule, can you guess the one team that won't be playing on that day?

Kings :ph34r:.

I took me till I saw 73 percents response.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Agreed, or 32 teams and the NHL could then have 16 games. No odd numbers because it drives me crazy thinking about the unbalance of 16 teams in the East and 15 teams in the West right now.

But we know Seattle is likely going to be the 32nd team. 

Leafs lose, at home, to Colorado.  Love that the Leafs lost!  The Avs are playing great.  They had that big fight a while ago, and have really played well since.  The Avs are a team I could get behind.  Really like the way McKinnon stood up during that brawl too, and pounded some guy.  Plus, the Avs seem to be a lot better without Duchene.  

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

Leafs lose, at home, to Colorado.  Love that the Leafs lost!  The Avs are playing great.  They had that big fight a while ago, and have really played well since.  The Avs are a team I could get behind.  Really like the way McKinnon stood up during that brawl too, and pounded some guy.  Plus, the Avs seem to be a lot better without Duchene.  

Colorado now on a 10 game winning streak - 2nd longest in team history.  

Ten players on last year's roster have not played one single NHL game this year.

Iginla, Grigorenko, René Bourque, Mitchell, Colborne, Martinsen, Tyutin, Beauchemin, Wiercioch, Goloubef, Eric Gelinas (27 games).  
Beauchemin got bought out and is now with Anaheim.

Pickard played one game for the Leafs - he had 50 games last year. They also traded Duchene and McLeod. That's over half of the roster that got replaced.  

They are the youngest team in the league.  Add speed and it changes a team. Good goaltending helps too.

Archived