The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

As far as moving a D man in trades other than Guddy, we will need to see a D man in return. This will make it a difficult trade to get any value. If we deplete our defense too much then next year will be a disaster. I am all for tanking but if you burn down your defense you better have a plan moving forward or your club will be a mess for ten years.

Just now, appleboy said:

As far as moving a D man in trades other than Guddy, we will need to see a D man in return. This will make it a difficult trade to get any value. If we deplete our defense too much then next year will be a disaster. I am all for tanking but if you burn down your defense you better have a plan moving forward or your club will be a mess for ten years.

We got Holm, Weircioch and a couple young guys in Utica to help us close out the season. Starting next year Juolevi is most likely ready and we’ll have like 17 million in cap space to fill a spot or two. So while it would be nice to get a viable defender back it shouldn’t be a necessity in a trade.

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

We got Holm, Weircioch and a couple young guys in Utica to help us close out the season. Starting next year Juolevi is most likely ready and we’ll have like 17 million in cap space to fill a spot or two. So while it would be nice to get a viable defender back it shouldn’t be a necessity in a trade.

Not for Guddy, but if you move  Tanev or Edler then you better have a young D prospect or two coming back.

I feel for Nilsson, dude can't just get a win. He's the only reason the score wasn't worse.

It's nice to have Bo back finally, but this team needs a serious injection of talent. Teams are homing in on Boeser now and we're not scoring all that much as a group.

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Not for Guddy, but if you move  Tanev or Edler then you better have a young D prospect or two coming back.

I mean trading either Tanev or even to a lesser degree Edler it would make our defence really bad to close out this year. I think Juolevi though has the smarts and skills to replace what Edler brings as early as next year. However if we dealt Tanev as well we’d better spend some money in free agency otherwise next year we’ll probably have the worst defence in the league.

1 hour ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Lol this team is so bad it makes other teams look great. Not to totally take anything away from the jets, but I've never seen as bad at shooting and passing as the Canucks. Into other teams' skates and sticks or miss the net every single time. Nilsson only reason it was only 1 goal.

This. Unless if they're playing 100%, no-error hockey, that kinda passing and play style gets you absolutely no points - which some may argue is a good thing. 

1 minute ago, xereau said:

I have seen enough for a lifetime, myself.

New identity needed.  ASAP.

I am ok with them at a discount price and as long as they are not hogging all of the PP time. They are good examples and great depth players. We don't have enough young players ready to go yet. Besides why rush them?

When we go through losing streaks I get the same way. We are all ready for a new core but lets wait until the kids are ready.

I think we can handle the last 1/3 of the season with a young inexperienced D-core.

One of Edler/Tanev/Hutton and Gudbranson should go. It would give us a bunch of capspace in the off-season to sign a capable defenseman like MDZ.

Vanek is definitely going. Not sure what other significant pieces we can move in our forward group. I am not totally opposed to exploring what kind of return Baertschi would garner. I see him as an expendable piece.

Then we got the Sedins and that is a head scratcher. They've said that they wanted to stay but has things changed? Do they plan on retiring or coming back? What kind of contracts would they want?

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

I mean trading either Tanev or even to a lesser degree Edler it would make our defence really bad to close out this year. I think Juolevi though has the smarts and skills to replace what Edler brings as early as next year. However if we dealt Tanev as well we’d better spend some money in free agency otherwise next year we’ll probably have the worst defence in the league.

It's unfortunate we lost McEneny to injury as he was getting close.  Wiercioch can fill in, and Holm is progressing nicely and should get a look post-TDL.  We won't move both Edler and Tanev, but maybe the former and likely at least one of someone else (Hutton, MDZ).  If Edler doesn't go this year he will by TDL 2019.

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Juolevi is 19 and has a ton to learn. He may be better off in Utica for a season.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

How about, from now until the end of the year we play Jake and Goldy top nine minutes, PP, and in overtime?  Oh, and the coaches leave the two alone, and let the just play.  I wonder if our coaches point out every mistake the Twins, Gagner, and Eriksson make?  

Hank and Danny have more O zone starts than any other players in the NHL ........

Are the Canucks Cody Hodgsoning them..... to be moved at the TDL  ?

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think we can handle the last 1/3 of the season with a young inexperienced D-core.

One of Edler/Tanev/Hutton and Gudbranson should go. It would give us a bunch of capspace in the off-season to sign a capable defenseman like MDZ.

Vanek is definitely going. Not sure what other significant pieces we can move in our forward group. I am not totally opposed to exploring what kind of return Baertschi would garner. I see him as an expendable piece.

Then we got the Sedins and that is a head scratcher. They've said that they wanted to stay but has things changed? Do they plan on retiring or coming back? What kind of contracts would they want?

I agree Vanek goes, but really can't see space for the Sedins next year.  They likely want them back as mentors, especially for Pettersson and Dahlen, but if those two are good enough to make the team, then we also have Gaudette coming in plus Jake and Goldy require waivers next year.  Then there's the possibility (and capspace) to add someone like Kane.

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Juolevi is 19 and has a ton to learn. He may be better off in Utica for a season.

Ideally it’d be nice but he’s making positive steps this year and if he takes his offseason seriously. Which I don’t have any doubts in my mind that he will. I just can’t see a scenario where he’s not one of our best 6 defenders in camp. If he’s one of the better guys in camp we can’t send him down. Sends a bad message to fans and Juolevi. I think he comes out and earns it!

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Ideally it’d be nice but he’s making positive steps this year and if he takes his offseason seriously. Which I don’t have any doubts in my mind that he will. I just can’t see a scenario where he’s not one of our best 6 defenders in camp. If he’s one of the better guys in camp we can’t send him down. Sends a bad message to fans and Juolevi. I think he comes out and earns it!

Lets not ruin him. It is not worth it.

Archived