The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] THE TWINS (TDL)

Why wouldn't the twins waive for a shot at the cup? They might fetch a nice little return at the deadline to a team that's close and can take on the pro-rated salary. In a perfect world they agree to waive and don't hold us hostage like Kesler with a two team list. The question is if they agreed what are they worth?

Why is it that people have such a reluctance to take the Sedins' at their word?

Henrik
If we’re going to win a Cup, we only want it to be with Vancouver – that will never change. And if the moment has come and passed already, then so be it. This is my home. This is our home. This is our family’s home. Vancouver has given us so much and we’ve tried to give everything we have in return. So we will do our best to teach this new generation of young guys.

If we are going to win a Stanley Cup, if we are going to achieve our dream, we’d only want it to be in Vancouver.

DANIEL SEDIN

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

Henrik
If we’re going to win a Cup, we only want it to be with Vancouver – that will never change. And if the moment has come and passed already, then so be it. This is my home. This is our home. This is our family’s home. Vancouver has given us so much and we’ve tried to give everything we have in return. So we will do our best to teach this new generation of young guys.

If we are going to win a Stanley Cup, if we are going to achieve our dream, we’d only want it to be in Vancouver.

DANIEL SEDIN

its their agent, he piped up a few days ago about wanting to talk about signing for one more year so now everyone is speculating it'll be a trade and re-sign situation. It would be awesome if they did that, it would make their final year here a lot better I think, the fans would just enjoy it and appreciate the gesture instead of the likely daily comments about how far they've declined. 

4 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Henrik

DANIEL SEDIN

Goodness gracious that gives me chills reading that. 

You know what I think? I think they know they aren't retiring this year and will re-sign and win a cup with Elias, Brock, Bo, Olli and co... with huge hometown discounts.

4 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

For two 37 year old players that are pending UFA's.?

Not much if anything.

Lolz good one! 

You don't think a cup contender will value Henrik + Daniel both at 50% retained? At the very least that's worth 1 first round pick.

8 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Even Sedins agree to waive before TDL, I think there is no team would like to pay $14M (even some retention) for them.

Not sure about you but I don't get paid in lump sums annually...any team that would trade for them would only be on the hook for the remainder of the season.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its their agent, he piped up a few days ago about wanting to talk about signing for one more year so now everyone is speculating it'll be a trade and re-sign situation. It would be awesome if they did that, it would make their final year here a lot better I think, the fans would just enjoy it and appreciate the gesture instead of the likely daily comments about how far they've declined. 

I assume "everyone" is CDC? I still take them at their word that they are not going to go to any other team to try to win a Cup.

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

Lolz good one! 

You don't think a cup contender will value Henrik + Daniel both at 50% retained? At the very least that's worth 1 first round pick.

Apollo, we can't retain salary on both as we are only allowed to have 3 retained salaries on the books and we already have 2 (Luongo and Hansen).

Just now, Rick Blight said:

Apollo, we can't retain salary on both as we are only allowed to have 3 retained salaries on the books and we already have 2 (Luongo and Hansen).

Oooooooh... In that case its 7 mill + 3.5 mill ... 10.5 mill... that certainly makes it harder. Teams at the deadline could still maneuver it tho...

I think Sedins on a deep team can easily get point per game on route to a cup win. Assuming someone else is taking the 1st and 2nd lines matchups. 

The Sedins are simply the greatest of all time.

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Oooooooh... In that case its 7 mill + 3.5 mill ... 10.5 mill... that certainly makes it harder. Teams at the deadline could still maneuver it tho...

I think Sedins on a deep team can easily get point per game on route to a cup win. Assuming someone else is taking the 1st and 2nd lines matchups. 

The Sedins are simply the greatest of all time.

But your assuming a good team with a chance add the Cup has cap space to take on around $3.5MM (for both combined), which most contending teams would not have.

Other deals would have to happen for another team to take on salary, which is why I don't think their value would be significant, but I guess never say never. 

30 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Even Sedins agree to waive before TDL, I think there is no team would like to pay $14M (even some retention) for them.

If they are traded at the tdl, the recipient team would only be taking on 1/4 of their contracts. A team who had 3.5 million in cap space at the beginning of the season could afford both of them both of them. 

3 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

But your assuming a good team with a chance add the Cup has cap space to take on around $3.5MM (for both combined), which most contending teams would not have.

Other deals would have to happen for another team to take on salary, which is why I don't think their value would be significant, but I guess never say never. 

Personally I am very much against trading the twins, but I can think of a competing team that can afford them:

vegas

1 minute ago, MJDDawg said:

Dawg, there are actually teams that could easily take on their pro-rated $14M such as a San Jose.

SAN JOSE SHARKS

San Jose Sharks
PROJECTED CAP HIT q.svg : $69,442,342
PROJECTED LTIR USED q.svg : $0
PROJECTED CAP SPACE q.svg : $5,557,658
CURRENT CAP SPACE q.svg : $13,782,992
DEADLINE CAP SPACE q.svg : $25,843,110
TODAYS CAP HIT q.svg : $68,777,167

3 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Looks like I was wrong and we can only retain on 1... because we have Hansen Lui retentions already.

So a team would have to make 10.5 mill in room... 

Contenders that could hypothetically fit it... I think Vegas is the best trading partner here.

1. VEGAS - plenty of cap and plenty of picks to give Vancouver.

2. Ducks might be able to... send 1 person back 

3. SJ likely could

4. Jets likely could

5. Devils can

6. CBJ can 

5 minutes ago, apollo said:

Looks like I was wrong and we can only retain on 1... because we have Hansen Lui retentions already.

So a team would have to make 10.5 mill in room... 

Contenders that could hypothetically fit it... I think Vegas is the best trading partner here.

1. VEGAS - plenty of cap and plenty of picks to give Vancouver.

2. Ducks might be able to... send 1 person back 

3. SJ likely could

4. Jets likely could

5. Devils can

6. CBJ can 

Colorado too. Hottest team in the league right now

Archived