Sign in to follow this  
Drew.Doughty

[Report] Morgan Rielly placed on the IR

Rate this topic

The Toronto Maple Leafs have placed defenceman Morgan Rielly on the injured reserve with an upper-body injury.

Fellow blueliner Rinat Valiev was recalled from the American Hockey League’s Toronto Marlies in a corresponding on Monday.

Rielly had missed one game after getting hurt in Thursday’s overtime loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. The 23-year-old fell in the second period and saw limited action in the third.

Valiev, 22, had one goal and seven assists in 29 games for the AHL Marlies. He played in 10 games for Toronto during the 2015-16 NHL season.

Rielly has five goals and 31 points in 47 games for the Leafs this year.

Morgan Rielly has been placed on injured reserve by the #leafs. That will keep him out through the all-star break.

Edited by Drew.Doughty

Ok JB, time to soak the Laffs for either Tanev or Quads......Marner and a 1st should do it for Tanev and for Quads we'll do Marner and sort out the extra pieces.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Reilly plays the left side, doesn't he?

I guess this wouldn't make the Leafs more desperate for Tanev, but maybe makes Gudbranson more palatable?

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nope, he is not on waivers. 

I cant find any evidence of Polak on waivers either. Fake account on the first post?

Just now, Drew.Doughty said:

my bad, fake darren dreggar account. always gets me..

Gotcha.

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

Polak on waivers?

You couldn't put him on waivers. He's worth two second round pics at the deadline. Doh! I still can't believe San Jose have up two seconds for him. Damn fake accts.

If there's ever a time to maximize the value of Gud/Tanev to the Leafs, this would be it.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, guntrix said:

If there's ever a time to maximize the value of Gud/Tanev to the Leafs, this would be it.

Yes, now is a good time to make a deal, but there is that whole “is JB coming back” cloud hanging around to consider.  Maybe JB is not allowed to make any deals, considering he might not be back?  

The Laffs #2 and #4 ATOI/gm skaters both out on IR and the team not by any means secure for a playoff spot must have Laff Nation pretty nervous right now.

You gotta at least kick tires on potential scenarios with them if you're JB even if it's just due diligence type of talk. 

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

The Laffs #2 and #4 ATOI/gm skaters both out on IR and the team not by any means secure for a playoff spot must have Laff Nation pretty nervous right now.

You gotta at least kick tires on potential scenarios with them if you're JB even if it's just due diligence type of talk. 

Probably not because the threshold for making the playoffs in the bottom feeding  Atlantic is currently 80 points, ie. what pace the Panthers are currently on. Its time to admit that this playoff format is broken. The Metro is a dog fight while you could probably sleepwalk your way to the playoffs in the Atlantic.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, now is a good time to make a deal, but there is that whole “is JB coming back” cloud hanging around to consider.  Maybe JB is not allowed to make any deals, considering he might not be back?  

I doubt that's the case. If JB's been told he can't go about doing his job he may as well show himself out and tell AquaLinden to go **** themselves on his way to the elevator.

Oh, and leave a steamer in the foyer.

• Upvote 1

Perfect timing to fleece the Laffs.

I hope it's a spectacular robbery.

49 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

32 minutes ago, Toews said:

Probably not because the threshold for making the playoffs in the bottom feeding  Atlantic is currently 80 points, ie. what pace the Panthers are currently on. Its time to admit that this playoff format is broken. The Metro is a dog fight while you could probably sleepwalk your way to the playoffs in the Atlantic.

Yeah - Florida or Montreal has to make up 13 points to catch the Leafs. Toronto has been losing more lately, but picking up loser points in half of them.

18 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Oh, and leave a steamer in the foyer.

Steamer should be in the ring of honor,  not left in the foyer.   

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

who else would be on the phone making the deals? Luigi? 

I don't like the cloud over JB though, I do think thats a crappy management move by F.A. You should have more than enough information at this point to stay or go with Jim. I think it says a lot about Jim's professionalism that he's still doing positive interviews and working the phones to make the best deals he can, according to the last couple of interviews with him. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Steamer should be in the ring of honor,  not left in the foyer.   

Lol

Takes upper-decker to whole new level

• Hydration 1

Bennington 9000 needs to take advantage. Situation can't be any more perfect for him now.