The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Alex Edler has broken a 37-year old record for the most powerplay points by a defenseman tonight. He now has 144 powerplay points as a Canuck. Dennis Kearns scored his 143rd powerplay point way back in 1981.

Edler was the unsung hero of the game. Played with physicality and poise. He has been extremely solid and reliable lately. A consistent Alexander Edler is a very good Alex Edler. 

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Exactly, you get it.

He's an invaluable asset to our team.

Kind of like how Burrows was our spark plug.

He's going to dominate in the same way he did during his first WJC.

2-3 years.

Yes.

I personally love the way he plays.  The consistency will come. 

With Bo back, the whole team was full of erengy!

Green made the line Bo - Loui - Vanek wonderful.

Bo is fully of ereryy, Loui got 3 points, Vanek produced.

Brock scored twice, keep up

Tanev finally changed his mind to assist Brock in PP.

Jake looks quite solid.

Baer is coming up.

MUSINGS....

Wow, where did that come from? I know bo's getting his legs not stuff but wow.

Did LA just play in vegas? Nope just had Rangers on sunday.

Cannot believe this happened, glad I didn't go on sports action this week.

Didn'the have hopes of us even having a chance, thought LA was better.

They sure have a hard time tieing the game against our style of play, didn't even rough us up either.... otherwise that  browns little shot, oh yes the hit to bowser almost forgot adding below... thought edler was gonna get run after he smashed that guys head in the glass as well.  Clifford didn't get an opportunity, so smart play by us tonight against a much more physical lineup.

One of those times when you see one of our players again get hit cheaply, and edler does very little, but to have him score right afterwards on the power play like that....

Too bad the playoffs don't treat us like that.

Maybe LA had waterfront rooms and had to deal with the the tsunami last night....

Whoever did their catering should be given a raise, and booked for the next game.

Good win, when I don't want the points at all.

A Playoff birth vs LA brings out a whole new monster from them, think half our team would be traction after 3 games.

33 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I think Coach Green really has something with Eriksson Hovat Vanek line. He's going to stick to that for a while. Boeser can get some goals with the Sedins. 

I think this team will be fun to watch now with injuries behind us. Team will start scoring and play with some mojo. 

Boeser could get goals with the Sedins on the power play. Because it will be few and far between 5 on 5

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Green has Jake on the slow forge.  Making an excellent defensive forward out of him at a young age - as it should be for the emerging NHL.

Looking forward to the player he becomes in the next few years.

He'll need to acquire a chip on his shoulder and some crankiness. That will come with age. I know this personally.

Archived