The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, linden17 said:

I honestly cant find why gudbranson didn't play. I cant find it on any news sources?

Day to day (back) 

"Updating a previous item, Gudbranson (back) is not on injured reserve, Jeff Paterson of TSN 1040 Vancouver reports. However, the Cancuks are calling him day-to-day"

From Jan 21st

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/canucks-erik-gudbranson-not-listed-on-injured-reserve/

Just now, Green Building said:

Day to day (back) 

"Updating a previous item, Gudbranson (back) is not on injured reserve, Jeff Paterson of TSN 1040 Vancouver reports. However, the Cancuks are calling him day-to-day"

From Jan 21st

thanks

The only time I hate on Edler is when he doesn't pass to Boeser on the PP, when's Boeser is completely wide open. However these last few games he's been passing it A LOT to Brock. Other than that I've never really had a problem with Edler, like some people on these boards.

4 hours ago, Hockey God said:

I think we are all seeing proof that Bo needs to be the captain next year, even if the Sedins stick around.  The team has some swagger and plays with more energy with him on the ice and on the bench.  Hank has been a good role model, but Bo knows ... how to win.  Bo lieve that!

Well.., I think he should get the A next season first. I mean, Henrik is not some scumbag like Joe Thornton or Dustin Brown. Taking the C away from him seems a bit too disrespectful and I don't think Horvat or anybody else in the team will be OK with that even if Henrik says sure.

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Wow. First in the league? Add one deadly sniper in Boeser, and the difference is like a night and day. Well, I guess Newell Brown should get some credit as well.

2 hours ago, nuck-lifer said:

I think the Canucks are 13-5 this year when the Sedins plays under 15 minutes per game including pp time.

This is when they play their best so we just need enough depth to keep them in the 3rd line minute role when injuries hit. 

I agree. So I wasn't able to watch the game tonight, who did Boeser play with? Did he play with the Sedins or Baertschi? By reading some of the posts in PGT, it seems like the Sedins generated barely anything tonight. Maybe that's because they were playing with Boeser and the Kings sent out their best players out against Sedins-Boeser line?

I guess since we are going to stick with Eriksson-Horvat-Vanek for the time being, maybe we should spread out the scoring by having Baer and Boeser together on a line with Gagner centering that line, and Sedins on third line maybe with Granlund? That still gives us a effective checking line of Gaunce-Sutter-Dowd.

Man having Bo back on the PP really makes it dangerous.  He is probably perfectly suited for playing down low.   Now Hank and Danny have multiple options and that unit is a treat to watch.

I like Gagner as the playmaker for Virt and Dowd.  Hope that line can get something going

14 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

It's so nice to see Brock scoring again. I don't know why, but this season I feel happiest when he's scoring, even if it's a loss. A win without Boeser points just doesn't feel like as much of a win. :lol: 

Same here. For us Canucks fans this season, Boeser winning the calder and/or Rocket Richard is our stanley cup.

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“It felt like every shift in the 1st period we had something going offensively. We were good at both ends of the ice; this is nice.” - Horvat

This has to be the understatement of the year by BO....

This was flicking epic... 

6 goal v the Kings.  

Been sleeping with the biggest smile on my face in ages... Looking like the Joker this morning ::D

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Alex Edler has broken a 37-year old record for the most powerplay points by a defenseman tonight. He now has 144 powerplay points as a Canuck. Dennis Kearns scored his 143rd powerplay point way back in 1981.

But but but.... Edler sucks, no?

6 hours ago, By sea and land said:

I know this game is a one-off of late but Canucks can employ a very competitive team while we're healthy.  Green has them playing hard for sure.  I enjoy watching this team.  I have all season.  Hopefully Benning sticks around or I'll be disappointed.

+1... Bar for a few games, which all teams have, they've been quite good to watch. Really like this up tempo style he is trying to play.

Another thing is how the PP has improved... Absolutely brilliant to see now.

The only thing missing for me was the crowd singing "Don't Stop Believing"

It's a perfect anthem for the Canucks ( in their situation) and everyone knows the words - plus it sounds great when a crowd sings it.

On the game: Man it's great to have Bo back.  - He tilts the ice.

Archived