The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yes or no to the Sedin’s next year?

Toyotasfan

Yes or No to 1 more year of the Sedins  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Sedin’s next year?

• Yes - 1 more year
    • No - time to retire

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/27/2018 at 07:00 AM

Look, combined they have 13 goals, they are -12 and -13 respectively, is anyone suggesting that we couldn't pick up those points, playing other players, in their positions.....seriously......they are still good passers......that is about it!

Not good skaters, not good defensively, not good shooters (when they shoot), and not really good "C"s or "A"s anymore.................

I totally remember seeing one of the camera angles of Brock being crosschecked into the boards, and they did even look over!

Like wow!

Sorry! I am voting no!

5 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

If they plan to have petterson in the lineup next season thn guaranteed front office will have the sedins back.

LA and WPG and the bigger teams will be running over our young guys we 2 big forwards to help protect them.

I would lean toward a "no" than a "yes" side.   They have done a lot for this organization.  However, the age is not on their side and while we might lose his leadership, it's painful clearly to see that this is Horvat's team.    If there's no cap, I'd be willing to have them aboard for next season but there's cap and we need more players that can play offense and defence and we only get them through free agent and most of our prospects might not be ready and free agent would help us as a stop-gap or shore up some of our weakness, creating more depth and 14 million off the book would help a lot toward this goal.   It all depends on what the Sedin wants to do this coming month and they'd better be giving the answer or fans will turn against them and they know it.  

There's no way in hell they're worth the 10 million number that's out there hell I wouldn't sign them for 1 million each their game is not very good at all it's painful to watch. This money has to be used elsewhere this team needs to get better soon it's been struggling far too long. 

The last thing this team needs is 2 slow weak players that constantly get knocked over, that can't defend, have no velocity on their shots, take lazy penalties and can't win board battles or draws and can't get to the front of the net.

It's a no brainer to not sign them and bring in new players to change this pathetic soft identity this Canucks team has it's been far too long.

Canucks need to get a Kane type player and let Guadette and other young skilled players who have speed, skill and strength have the opportunity and end this misery. 

27 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

LA and WPG and the bigger teams will be running over our young guys we 2 big forwards to help protect them.

No we don’t...some of the top teams in the league don’t even have big physical wingers and are doing just fine. We just need a bit more sandpaper. Maybe Fake Virtanen might grow some and start playing to his size.

Just need to answer a couple simple questions.

1. who is mainly responsible for the PP success of late- Boeser.

2. Are the Sedins 2nd line players - No

3. Would the Sedins fit in an energy, grit or defensive role in the bottom 6 - No

4. Would fans generally support the decision to not resign them- overall, yes

Looking from strictly a team perspective they don't fit into the plans so why waste valuable time for our youth and for our 28-32 year old vets.

We could go after players for more grit, speed and specifically youth that fit our future with the dollars saved.

Let the re-build ....re-build!

37 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ultimatum time..Umm, you guys will play on separate lines?..right?!

If so, I'd consider it for paltry pesos.

Hey Greener..how 'bout this next game?

Loui - Horvat - Vanek

Baertschi - Hank - Boeser

Daniel - Sutter - Virtanen

Gaunce - Dowd - Granlund

Sit down for Gags...

I like this line up I think that's a good mix that might bring the best out of what we have especially the move to sit Gagner.

As far as forwards go Gagner has been brutal I can't stand watching his soft as butter game and him struggle to do anything right pretty much every game.

It's bull$&!# this guy gets all the chances in the world and young players like Virtanen mess up once they're banished to the bench or pressbox.

17 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

I like this line up I think that's a good mix that might bring the best out of what we have especially the move to sit Gagner.

As far as forwards go Gagner has been brutal I can't stand watching his soft as butter game and him struggle to do anything right pretty much every game.

It's bull$&!# this guy gets all the chances in the world and young players like Virtanen mess up once they're banished to the bench or pressbox.

Yeah..could've accepted 2 yrs for SG..but 3x3? Ughh

As above lineup, it's time to spread out the slow/fast & skilled/hitters, as best we can.

IF the twins don't want to show they can help two lines go(???!!!)..well that frankly p*sses me off. They should JUMP at that..which would show leadership, as I understand the word.

2 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

No we don’t...some of the top teams in the league don’t even have big physical wingers and are doing just fine. We just need a bit more sandpaper. Maybe Fake Virtanen might grow some and start playing to his size.

Who?Which teams?

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Look, combined they have 13 goals, they are -12 and -13 respectively, is anyone suggesting that we couldn't pick up those points, playing other players, in their positions.....seriously......they are still good passers......that is about it!

Not good skaters, not good defensively, not good shooters (when they shoot), and not really good "C"s or "A"s anymore.................

I totally remember seeing one of the camera angles of Brock being crosschecked into the boards, and they did even look over!

Like wow!

Sorry! I am voting no!

First you say goals then points. If you actually use 'points' it doesn't work so well.

Vanek - 35 pts -14

Henrik - 32 pts -13

Daniel - 30 pts -12

Why isn't Vanek getting complained about? They are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on the team. You undervalue the playmakers.

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The moral victoty. Right  How many hits can he take like that over a few seasons if everyone knows we won't respond. Except with maybe a goal.

How many has he had to take so far? Fighting never discouraged Torres or others like him. Those guys will throw those hits regardless.

32 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Who?Which teams?

Pitts, tampa, nashville dont come across as big physical teams and are doing just fine. 

Currently the top 3 most physicsl teams edm, mtl and la are all currently out of the playoffs. 

The bottom 3 most least physical teams cgy, min and sj are all currently in the playoffs.

Archived