The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conservative Leader Patrick Brown "Sexual Misconduct Allegations....

JV77

Sexual misconduct or not this guy violated the code.  Girls half your age all liquored up and you pray on them, that's a sign of a douche bag with a microscopic doodle.  Be a man, a real man.

Edit: I too will go back to discussing hockey

This went down way too fast .. in the matter of hours.  And it has a lot of potential for error. 

Not shaming victims but the point I find hard to reconcile is that both the accuser said they were 'drunk'.   So how much of the details did they remember?  When you're drunk, don't facts and deets get blurred?

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The second alleged assault victim has it all backed up via text and social media messages?

Ya...he is screwed

when all his top advisors closest to him

go and speak to him

and after discussions with him

advise him to resign

and then all resign when he refuses

i kinda have to agree that he is screwed

11 hours ago, Dral said:

^ Sexual assault now is not defined by a particular action, but by whether a woman is attracted to the man doing the action... and that is wrong...

He tried to make a move, she said no, he stopped and drove her home... seriously what more do you want... the only thing that will prevent THIS type of "assault" is men and women having zero contact what so ever

Whoa, pulling your John Thomas out and asking someone to play Popsicle with it or crawling on top of someone so that they feel a growing JohnT against their leg is NOT normal courting behavior.    When the man in question is in a position of power and both of these women had alcohol involved provided by the man and were underage at the time - I don't think your simplified version is right.

I DO agree some of this "movement" is way out of hand but this guy seems to be a class one creep - given this seemingly is all supported by social media and such, this isn't a he said/she said and related to attraction or lack thereof.   I do again agree that it is scary that consenting adults may have a hide the sausage night and the female side of the equation decides that something about it or the lack of follow up attention is too little (or too much) and claims assault and said male has life ruined - that is equally messed up to the situation on this creep.

32 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

when all his top advisors closest to him

go and speak to him

and after discussions with him

advise him to resign

and then all resign when he refuses

i kinda have to agree that he is screwed

I wouldn't be swayed one way or another by this.  I find politicians nowadays - if you don't stand with the victim, then you're automatically supporting the accused.  

The media instantly goes and ask for statement from Wynne, NDP leader, PM, PC Fed leader (Scheer), etc.  

See how fast the media & politicians stood on the side of the girl who cried wolf (someone cut my hijab).  

I'm really getting uncomfortable with how fast things spin ... this trial by social media, journalists now play the role of judge and jury.  

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Whoa, pulling your John Thomas out and asking someone to play Popsicle with it or crawling on top of someone so that they feel a growing JohnT against their leg is NOT normal courting behavior.    When the man in question is in a position of power and both of these women had alcohol involved provided by the man and were underage at the time - I don't think your simplified version is right.

I DO agree some of this "movement" is way out of hand but this guy seems to be a class one creep - given this seemingly is all supported by social media and such, this isn't a he said/she said and related to attraction or lack thereof.   I do again agree that it is scary that consenting adults may have a hide the sausage night and the female side of the equation decides that something about it or the lack of follow up attention is too little (or too much) and claims assault and said male has life ruined - that is equally messed up to the situation on this creep.

under aged to drink maybe... but not to consent to sex...

whether you agree it was "normal" courting behavior or not, he made a move, she said no, he stopped, then drove her home...

He didn't say "sleep with me or your fired", he didn't force her to do it when she said no, he didn't give her date rape drugs... she said no, he stopped... the last thing we should be doing is crucifying someone with social justice for stopping when she made it clear she wasn't interested...

3 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

I wouldn't be swayed one way or another by this.  I find politicians nowadays - if you don't stand with the victim, then you're automatically supporting the accused.  

The media instantly goes and ask for statement from Wynne, NDP leader, PM, PC Fed leader (Scheer), etc.  

See how fast the media & politicians stood on the side of the girls who cried wolf (someone cut my hijab).  

i disagree with your suggestion that all of these advisors are spineless opportunists

they clearly have intelligence and wisdom to have risen to their positions

politicians get criticized all the time for various things and advisors do not jump ship

there is something very wrong with this fellow to cause his advisors to quit enmasse after speaking to him

2 minutes ago, Dral said:

under aged to drink maybe... but not to consent to sex...

whether you agree it was "normal" courting behavior or not, he made a move, she said no, he stopped, then drove her home...

He didn't say "sleep with me or your fired", he didn't force her to do it when she said no, he didn't give her date rape drugs... she said no, he stopped... the last thing we should be doing is crucifying someone with social justice for stopping when she made it clear she wasn't interested...

No, he apparently pulled it out - and then she said no.    That is pretty off the charts.     In a position of power, you don't pull out JT in front of people you employ and then assume if they just say "no", it is not a biggie and you move on.   Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

In a position of power, you don't pull out JT in front of people you employ and then assume if they just say "no", it is not a biggie and you move on.   Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

not just that but whats a 35 year old doing hitting on someone who's 18 that works for him? Or the 17 year old? It doesn't matter what the women did, his side of it is just bad judgement at best and assault at worst, regardless of what anyone else did. 

Apparently Hehr, the federal Liberal minister who has made disgusting remarks about handicapped people and new mothers just got straight up accused of "sexual misconduct".  This was brought up to PM True-Dough in Davos.

Apparently Golden Boy is going to...talk to him

Mr. it's 2015 himself is going to talk to him?  Says a lot when the provincial PCs have more will than the PM to turf their potential premier not a few weeks before an election while his guy gets yet another...talking too

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-davos-wraps-1.4503098

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Apparently Hehr, the federal Liberal minister who has made disgusting remarks about handicapped people and new mothers just got straight up accused of "sexual misconduct".  This was brought up to PM True-Dough in Davos.

Mr. it's 2015 himself is going to talk to him?  Says a lot when the provincial PCs have more will than the PM to turf their potential premier not a few weeks before an election while his guy gets yet another...talking too

The provincial PC did not turf their leader, he resigned.

4 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

Always 2 sides to the story, BUT,  This is a workplace incident period.   I have a staff of 10, in no bloody way is there ever a situation, where I can be straddling over top of a staff member clothed or not, unless they were in cardiac arrest.   So many clear NO's from a job place perspective. 

I don't see it as a workplace incident. This was outside the workplace and on top of that he came on to her and then she contacted him asking him for a job a few months later and then all this $&!# happened. What did she think was going to happen? He stopped when she told him to. I don't see the sexual assault at all or misconduct but for his job needing the public favour it was a pretty dumb thing to do.

3 hours ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Yes.

Do you believe the alleged behaviour was appropriate?

Given the context of the story, no I don't what he did was inappropriate... if he had done that in his office yes.

Even if the behavior was inappropriate - do you think inappropriate non-criminal behavior should ruin someone's career?

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Being friends with Hehr, he sure isn’t afraid to say exactly what’s on his mind. 

"

Feeling 'belittled'

Members of a thalidomide survivor group have also complained about feeling belittled after a meeting with Hehr, and accused him of making offensive statements about their life expectancies.

One survivor said Hehr said they didn't have it as bad as they did when they were kids, then went on to say: "Well you don't have it so bad. Everyone in Canada has a sob story.'"

^ This part is horrible^

The part about 

"She asked him pointedly why Ottawa continues to fight sick women — a "loaded question" to which he allegedly replied, "Well, Ms. McCrea, that is the old question, like asking … 'When did you stop beating your wife?'""

could be a stupid guy using a bad example of a loaded question, may not have been meant in a derogatory or condescending way, still a dumb thing to say. Should be sacked for being stupid.

26 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Being friends with Hehr, he sure isn’t afraid to say exactly what’s on his mind. 

honestly this is probably the end of Hehr as a minister, and it should be. The guy has some issues and has probably been given some leeway given his situation but this will likely top it. I would be surprised if we don't hear about him taking a leave of absence within a day or two. 

32 minutes ago, gurn said:

The provincial PC did not turf their leader, he resigned.

When everyone in your office and party are resigning or asking you to step down you've effectivley been turfed

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

"

Feeling 'belittled'

Members of a thalidomide survivor group have also complained about feeling belittled after a meeting with Hehr, and accused him of making offensive statements about their life expectancies.

One survivor said Hehr said they didn't have it as bad as they did when they were kids, then went on to say: "Well you don't have it so bad. Everyone in Canada has a sob story.'"

^ This part is horrible^

The part about 

"She asked him pointedly why Ottawa continues to fight sick women — a "loaded question" to which he allegedly replied, "Well, Ms. McCrea, that is the old question, like asking … 'When did you stop beating your wife?'""

could be a stupid guy using a bad example of a loaded question, may not have been meant in a derogatory or condescending way, still a dumb thing to say. Should be sacked for being stupid.

This guy is just an absolute gem.

If Trudeau doesn't give him his papers almost immediately it's going to be a yuge black mark on him

34 minutes ago, Dral said:

Given the context of the story, no I don't what he did was inappropriate... if he had done that in his office yes.

Even if the behavior was inappropriate - do you think inappropriate non-criminal behavior should ruin someone's career?

Just because something isn't illegal, doesn't make it ethical. I wouldn't vote for a guy who thinks it's appropriate to proposition drunk teenagers.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Just because something isn't illegal, doesn't make it ethical. I wouldn't vote for a guy who thinks it's appropriate to proposition drunk teenagers.

So your answer is "Yes, someone who does an inappropriate non-criminal action should have their career ruined"

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

"

Feeling 'belittled'

^ This part is horrible^

The part about 

he probably would have been if he wasn't a quadriplegic. I did some work for the Disability Alliance and attended some meetings where i heard some pretty shocking stuff between different disability groups (gets nasty because the gov't has a divide and conquer approach to funding people with disabilities) so I wasn't totally surprised to hear this one but Hehr clearly has no tact with other people as well. 

Archived