The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conservative Leader Patrick Brown "Sexual Misconduct Allegations....

JV77

13 hours ago, darkpoet said:

I've been a Canucks fan since 1982 and I'm out of patience on that front.

Imagine how I feel about this kind of nonsense..... 

People are %$# crazy. With "social media" now... any arsehat out there can literally ruin a person's life without even having a shred of real evidence to back up any claim. 
If true, anyone, with clear evidence provided, the law should prevail.

However, if anyone steps forward and makes false claims like this knowing the consequences involved for their "targets", they should be imprisoned for life with no chance of parole - EVER.

That's how you separate the wheat from the chaff son

Guy is a PIG

4 hours ago, Darius71 said:

I have three daughters and a lot of the time Im terrified because of stuff like this.

At the same time its got to a point where Im afraid to make a comment on a story like this because no matter what I say it will offend someone.  Thats why im outta here, heading back to the Pettersson thread ...

Furthermore if my daughters get into politics, (I hope not),  all I'm sayin is:

"man! You'll wish you were never born."

18 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you might want to try to meet different people then

i have met many who are good people.. seriously

even political types

sorry your experiences have been so bleak and cynical

did you just assume my social experiences ? TRIGGERED!!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/kent-hehr-resigns-from-trudeau’s-cabinet/ar-AAvb9DY?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartandhp

TTAWA—Kent Hehr, the minister for sports and people with disabilities, has resigned from cabinet pending an investigation into accusations he made sexually inappropriate comments to women during his time in the Alberta legislature.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the decision Thursday afternoon, saying that “harassment of any kind is unacceptable.”

1 minute ago, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/kent-hehr-resigns-from-trudeau’s-cabinet/ar-AAvb9DY?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartandhp

TTAWA—Kent Hehr, the minister for sports and people with disabilities, has resigned from cabinet pending an investigation into accusations he made sexually inappropriate comments to women during his time in the Alberta legislature.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the decision Thursday afternoon, saying that “harassment of any kind is unacceptable.”

If these accusations are true, what in the hell is wrong with these guys?  Everyone, at some point, says something stupid, but with these guys what they say/do is (seemingly) repeated and fully intended.  

30 minutes ago, gurn said:

Took him to long IMO and he shouldn't have had the option to resign, Trudeau should have removed him pending investigation

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If these accusations are true, what in the hell is wrong with these guys?  Everyone, at some point, says something stupid, but with these guys what they say/do is (seemingly) repeated and fully intended.  

It's when you mix power and politics together. Most can handle it but for some it's like a super drug that let's them feel like they can get away with anything.

10 hours ago, Darius71 said:

I have three daughters and a lot of the time Im terrified because of stuff like this.

At the same time its got to a point where Im afraid to make a comment on a story like this because no matter what I say it will offend someone.  Thats why im outta here, heading back to the Pettersson thread ...

Smart.

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

Abuse of power among other things.   I guess we will see what our legal system determines on his fate, but considering whats going on through-out the world on this subject right now, he shouldn't hold his breath.

In this context I'd say no. If you're sexting someone or showing you're sexually interested in someone and then they come back to you asking for a job and then after they get you a job you are going out and partying with and then going back to their bedroom... give me a break. There are so many chances for her to say no I am going to keep our relationship professional. Then on top of everything he stops when she makes it clear she doesn't want it. 

Where is the abuse of power? Did he say I am going to fire you if you don't party? Drink with me? go on vacation with me? No, he did not. 

She needed him and she used him and she knew he was sexually attracted to her and then she still got drunk with him and then went back to his room and then when alone in his room he kissed her and then she decided to make clear she didn't want this. Why did she wait until getting into his bedroom to be like no. She was trying to climb the corporate ladder. 

Also I am sure she is bitter and feels like she missed out on job opportunities because she didn't sleep with him. AND bosses who are women are way more likely to sexually assault their employees. They know they can do whatever they want. A lot of companies have rules in place that a man and woman can't be left alone in the office alone because so much sexual assault occurs, from the woman initiating. The woman being the boss. It's a fact that feminists don't like you to know. It's not a gender problem is a societal problem.

51 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I would almost guarantee in his particular employment situation in the public eye, he will have a Fraternization Policy in which he would be working under.

So at the very  very least he would be In Breach of Conduct

Prob why he had to step down.

• 3 weeks later...

From 11:30 News:

TORONTO – A woman who accused former Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Patrick Brown of sexual misconduct now says she wasn’t underage at the time of the alleged incident but stresses it doesn’t change the core of her allegations.

CTV News, which reported the allegations in late January, said in a story late Tuesday that the woman’s timeline of the alleged events has changed but the broadcaster still stands by its reporting.

The woman’s lawyer, David Butt, told CTV it’s not unusual for “collateral details” to fade over time and complainants shouldn’t be blamed because it often takes years for them to find the courage to come forward.

The unnamed woman says in a statement that she has been subject to demeaning and misogynistic comments online since CTV first reported her allegations.

CTV has also reported allegations against Brown from a second woman, who also says she stands by her accusations.

Brown has vowed to disprove the allegations, saying in a Facebook post over the weekend that both women’s accounts contained discrepancies that show their accusations are false.

He also alleged both of the accusers know CTV reporters socially, and that the broadcaster left out a contradicting account from a witness to one of the alleged incidents.

Brown stepped down as Tory leader hours after the allegations, which have not been independently confirmed by The Canadian Press, were made public in late January.

Archived