The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation/Rumor] Canucks on the twins future and Gudbranson

44 minutes ago, Yotes said:

If we sign Guddy, Stecher will get a decent deal too come summer. Time to trade Tanev imo, but NOT to TO, trade him to Tampa Bay

trade him to whomever gives the most in a deal, though CT has a say in it too

If its a 3 year deal the the $ value doesnt really matter imo. Canucks have plenty of cap over the next 3 years as most of the prospects they will want to bring up will be on entry level deasl for that whole time. Edler, gagner, MDZ all come off the books in that time, and other than Horvat, Eriksson, and Boeser when he resigns, the canucks wont have any other big contracts. is 4.5 million AAV too an overpayment? yes, but the canucks can afford to overpay short term so its not going to hurt them Cap-wise

Just heard Gudbranson talking to media about 10 minutes ago.  jPat from 1040 submitted the audio.

- He seems to really want to be here.

- Felt a lot of pressure early on entering the Vancouver market to play a physical game. (Implied he might of been chasing big hits)

- he was asked how he felt about being a leader with some of the guys in their mid 20s. He sort of agreed then deflected to the twins.

- He think the twins have a lot of hockey left in them. (Not super relevant but note worthy)

- Says he would look to have some term and stability. (As the turnover in the NHL is so quick these days)

- believes his play over the past month or so has been more his game. He feels he finally regained his confidence. (Feels more like himself)

- he loves having the opportunity playing with eagle (Edler). Believes they are doing well.

- says his agent is great and he is confident a deal can be made.

Forget the exact wording but he implied he wished it was just about hockey but understands there is a business side of it.  It appears he is finally feeling comfortable in the hockey mad market of Vancouver.

I probably missed parts of it going off by memory. Don't quote me word for word but that is the gist of it. 

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Just heard Gudbranson talking to media about 10 minutes ago.  jPat from 1040 submitted the audio.

- Felt a lot of pressure early on entering the Vancouver market to play a physical game. (Implied he might of been chasing big hits)

- he was asked how he felt about being a leader with some of the guys in their mid 20s. He sort of agreed then deflected to the twins.

- He think the twins have a lot of hockey left in them. (Not super relevant but note worthy)

- Says he would look to have some term and stability. (As the turnover in the NHL is so quick these days)

- believes his play over the past month or so has been more his game. He feels he finally regained his confidence. (Feels more like himself)

- he loves having the opportunity playing with eagle (Edler). Believes they are doing well.

Forget the exact wording but he implied he wished it was just about hockey but understands there is a business side of it.  It appears he is finally feeling comfortable in the hockey mad market of Vancouver.

I probably missed parts of it going off by memory. Don't quote me word for word but that is the gist of it. 

Too late

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Here's the interview

http://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-7029?smc=10#

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You said don't quote you word for word, and then I quoted you...word for word.

My mommy thinks I'm funny.

e6qgrr.jpg

Oh lol. I think I botched the quotes. Recommend listening to the audio. Waited 15 mins before posting lol

Just now, Rush17 said:

Oh lol. I think I botched the quotes. Recommend listening to the audio. Waited 15 mins before posting lol

Nah. You put out a solid summation. I listened to the audio and you captured the gist of it well. Alf got into a tizzy though, which was pretty entertaining.

Archived