The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation/Rumor] Canucks on the twins future and Gudbranson

If we sign him I want us to move tanev and at this TDL, so whoever gets him has 3 playoff runs to use Tanev.

If we can get Guddy at or under 4m I would be fine with that. If he wants stability why not go a bit longer term if the cap hit can be lower?

I also wouldn't mind seing Guddy get 2nd PP unit time if we wanted to try a big one timer from the point. 

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I like his comments here. Classy guy. I'd be fine if we re-signed him.

But come on... it's pretty obvious. Most millionaire's dream is to live in Vancouver. Hopefully Guddy will take a slight discount to stay and play in Canada's best city (best city if you're making millions) 

Erik is a good Canadian kid... home town of Ottawa but I'm sure he prefers to play here. 

15 minutes ago, aliboy said:

I'll let someone else start a thread on this, looks like the Canucks are closing in on a deal with Eric Gubranson, something in the range of 3 years @ $4M per.

https://www.tsn.ca/canucks-gudbranson-working-on-extension-1.1004108

McKenzie is now using Dhaliwal as a source. That amount is purely speculation by McKenzie at this point, which seems to be all these Eastern media types are capable of lately.

30 minutes ago, aliboy said:

I'll let someone else start a thread on this, looks like the Canucks are closing in on a deal with Eric Gubranson, something in the range of 3 years @ $4M per.

if he wants stability I would go longer than 3 yrs if the cap hit goes down

20 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Not a single tweet or retweet from John Shannon regarding this news :rolleyes:

wasn't he saying he would be 'shocked' if Guddy re-signs with the Canucks in November? 

anyhoo

This is great news, anything under 4.5m would be fantastic. 

Accountability? There's no such thing in social media land.  

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

Not a single tweet or retweet from John Shannon regarding this news :rolleyes:

wasn't he saying he would be 'shocked' if Guddy re-signs with the Canucks in November? 

anyhoo

This is great news, anything under 4.5m would be fantastic. 

John Shannon is a TV producer.  Like Botchford and Pratt, don't think he has any sources whatsoever.

5 hours ago, aliboy said:

Am I the only person who heard the part about "I heard Toronto was willing to pay Bennings price" for Tanev

15 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

Am I the only person who heard the part about "I heard Toronto was willing to pay Bennings price" for Tanev

Considering the source... which isn't a source cuz he has none and nobody else reported such a thing.  Same with the Guddy 4x4, probably just guessing or going by what others think.

5 hours ago, Yotes said:

if he wants stability I would go longer than 3 yrs if the cap hit goes down

agree i cannot see him taking 3 years.  He is 26 at the moment and in three years will he be an even more in demand player - no.   So right now is his peak time for making money and so you would think that he would want close to 4 for as long as he can.    I think a great deal for the nucks and probably a win win for both would be 5 years at 3.8 or something around there with a limited NTC.   

11 minutes ago, samurai said:

agree i cannot see him taking 3 years.  He is 26 at the moment and in three years will he be an even more in demand player - no.   So right now is his peak time for making money and so you would think that he would want close to 4 for as long as he can.    I think a great deal for the nucks and probably a win win for both would be 5 years at 3.8 or something around there with a limited NTC.   

Under $ 4m per is ideal if you don't want to get into cap trouble with the team's youth needing extensions along the way.

17 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I don't think he takes less than 4, unless it's 5 or 6 years and not sure the Canucks want to go that long.  They also need to re-up Stecher so need to be careful about precedent, although they are different players.  4 years and $17mil seems to be about the settling point.

I am fine with that. Brings an element that no one else brings and is a total character guy. 

15 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I don't think he takes less than 4, unless it's 5 or 6 years and not sure the Canucks want to go that long.  They also need to re-up Stecher so need to be careful about precedent, although they are different players.  4 years and $17mil seems to be about the settling point.

yeah that would probably be a good deal for the nucks.   Stecher has 7 points in 45 games.  I like him, I still see him getting better but the nucks don't have to worry about paying him just yet. 

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You said don't quote you word for word, and then I quoted you...word for word.

My mommy thinks I'm funny.

e6qgrr.jpg

Your a bird, .  sometimes a raptor,. Sometimes a pecker. ;)   

.... now watch Deb make me disappear for 5 days .  :blink:

Archived