The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation/Rumor] Canucks on the twins future and Gudbranson

Wow,.  If it’s 3yrs 4-4.5 without clauses I think that works great for both parties...  It sounds like Guds really is stepping up to put the team before himself if this is true.. and the length allows him to prove himself to be worth more at the end of term.

4-4.5per  next season is last seasons 3-3.5 per..   

Having Gudbranson as he now primes is the big win..   and his comments about playing with Eagle are spot on.. both players seem to complement each other, and watching that Boston game, Edler look rejuvenated.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Wait til its Tanev on the move,. The site will implode...  didn’t that happen with Corrado ? 

I've been lurking there just to read their absolutely stupid comments.

It's amusing really.  I mean we had Desi Boy, but that's like a gathering of the same kind of dopey statements.

I love it.  

Re-sign Benning and Guddy, site goes nuts.  Trade Hutton and Tanev site goes down....don't trade but re-sign Vanek and it's gone forever

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Wait til its Tanev on the move,. The site will implode...  didn’t that happen with Corrado ? 

Well yeah, but that was Corrado! I mean, it was Corrado, y'know? Corrado! Geez, Corrado, come on man! Corrado.... (and so on).

regards,  G.

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's amusing really.  I mean we had Desi Boy, but that's like a gathering of the same kind of dopey statements.

I love it.  

Re-sign Benning and Guddy, site goes nuts.  Trade Hutton and Tanev site goes down....don't trade but re-sign Vanek and it's gone forever

That site is absolutely pathetic. 

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

All I know is that the prospect of re-signing Gudbrandson has HF Boards crying soooo many tears

Please do it

Hey man, i don't want it to implode too much. Their business of hockey forum is actually pretty informative.

1 hour ago, samurai said:

agree i cannot see him taking 3 years.  He is 26 at the moment and in three years will he be an even more in demand player - no.   So right now is his peak time for making money and so you would think that he would want close to 4 for as long as he can.    I think a great deal for the nucks and probably a win win for both would be 5 years at 3.8 or something around there with a limited NTC.   

I even think 4 to 5 years at 4 to 4.25 would be good value for both sides.

In three years that will be an even better deal. Or is it a ‘Gudder’ deal.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Wait -- they actually DON'T want Tanev moved?  Why, because it might long-term improve the team?

Only been in there a couple times, once when CDC was down.  Seemed that the admin there was the ringleader and encourager of all the whinging and whining.  It's almost like a despondent suicide cult -- how could they actually be Canuck fans?

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I love it.  

It's pretty much a site of pretentious idiots who don't know jack squat about hockey who so desperately want their opinions taken seriously, and run down anyone who has a different opinion. It's like the Fox News of hockey opinions.

They were all impressed with Benning at last years trade deadline and basically declared him the winning GM and most of them were fine with his free agent signings. Then 2 months later it's "LOL DIM JIM LOL".

Your right on the hf boards lol.  So many leaf homers thinking their the center of the NHL universe.  It's kind of pathetic.  We got west coast lifestyle so they can talk smack. We can just laugh and enjoy the nice weather.

I think Tanev gets moved by the draft if Gudbranson is inked.  Could see him being held on and flipped for a 1st and a d prospect.  

I got a feeling Guddys contract is already drawn up.  He will likely sign it tomorrow and it Will probably be announced in am or during the intermission tomorrow vs Colorado.

Chinese new year celebrity win. Help give hope! Jim and Trevor will want to publicly address it asap.  Give reasoning etc. Jim will say this is guddy we traded for and he is finally at home in Vancouver. Followed by a presser if done in am.

I was cynical about Gudbranson re-signing in VAN.  It's nice to hear though that he seems really impressed with the organization.

He also seems pumped on playing with Edler.  When he first joined the Canucks he was asked which dman has impressed him the most and he said Edler lol, and yet the poor guy just gets RIPPED on. 

When Gudbranson looks focused he can be a menace to play against.  Him and Edler are perfect together because they both like to play hard and pick their shots.

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I got a feeling Guddys contract is already drawn up.  He will likely sign it tomorrow and it Will probably be announced in am or during the intermission tomorrow vs Colorado.

Chinese new year celebrity win. Help give hope! Jim and Trevor will want to publicly address it asap.  Give reasoning etc. Jim will say this is guddy we traded for and he is finally at home in Vancouver. Followed by a presser if done in am.

07D16128-D441-417D-B19E-4B8ABC096071.jpeg.5e672b87b47b06447162e05cb27b99b1.jpeg 

The Man in the

Red Dragon Jacket

Canucks will not get what they need, and already have with Gudbranson, in another D, and my personal support is behind signing him to a decent contract. I understand the term versus injury aspect, and I also understand analytics versus visual aspect. 

For me, 4 years/$4.5m AAV is a perfect fit, and what I’m hoping to hear. More term with less dollars is fine (5 years/$4m AAV) too.

Analytics doesn’t record leadership and locker room skills, it doesn’t record (accurately or entirely) how other players play or feel when his on ice presence is considered. The deployment and the situational positioning of EG isn’t something that will help improve his analytical ratings either, so it’s beyond the numbers with him. Visually I see a big guy starting to hit more, command more respect around the crease and fall into his own as a mentor and leader even at his peak age. All selling points for me, therefore I support an extension with decent term and dollars. 

As for the Sedins, I also support keeping them around another two years if possible. They lead by example fitness and devotion wise, they are 40-50 point players, and if signed for fair market value, they are already part of the system and aside from vocal and youthful leadership being handed to Horvat et al, they have respect and amazing attitude to transition this team over the final couple years of raw development we are experiencing. With a couple more young Swedes coming in (Pettersson, Dahlen (and hopefully Dahlin), even Holm)...there’s enough left in them to earn a 2 year extension paying each player $3.5 million a year. To me that’s a little low but considers concessions on the twins behalf like hometown discount, obvious production and TOI declines, and that the final year is destined to be more of a sideshow than a year of hard hockey for them. 

EG 4/18/4.5

DS 2/7/3.5

HS 2/7/3.5

Archived