The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

40 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Smith: Bitcrude may be a game-changer in pipeline impasse

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/smith-bitcrude-may-be-a-game-changer-in-pipeline-impasse

I love this stuff. This is the company presentation financial comp: http://bitcrude.ca/page5.html

nice to see some folks in the patch with some vision and cajones to think outside the box. 

1 hour ago, Violator said:

Lots of stuff like this gets developed and thought up just how cost effective is the difference.

from what I'm seeing, its a decent business case. The only real opposition I read about it is from the pipeline or nothing crowd. 

This company is taking a bit of a different tack from the Canapux guys, and they might be onto a slightly more cost effective way to do this than Canapux, since they're basically filling a box car sized bag full of semi-solid bitumen and letting it harden. 

My bet is sooner than later we're going to see a first nations backed plan to produce and ship this across a northern route. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

from what I'm seeing, its a decent business case. The only real opposition I read about it is from the pipeline or nothing crowd. 

This company is taking a bit of a different tack from the Canapux guys, and they might be onto a slightly more cost effective way to do this than Canapux, since they're basically filling a box car sized bag full of semi-solid bitumen and letting it harden. 

My bet is sooner than later we're going to see a first nations backed plan to produce and ship this across a northern route. 

Two words jim

Tanker moratorium

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Where do the first nations fit into this? This is a way to cut them out of the equation. This may result in us seeing a first nations backed plan to produce and ship oil across a northern route.

11 hours ago, Violator said:

Two words jim

Tanker moratorium

It would not need Tankers for shipping, so no, the Tanker moratorium would not be a problem.

It will be Shipped in standard 20 foot containers on any container ship, This means ports like Kitimat and Rupert could ship it.

http://bitcrude.ca/page37.html

wp967a083f_06.png

wp3c758330_06.png

One container ship could carry the equivalent of 3.15M barrels of semi-solid undiluted Bitumen from the port of Prince Rupert

wpc9ea3e0f_06.png

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

see @Mackcanuck 's post ^. The ban wouldn't apply to the solid product, if thats how it moved on. If they wanted to refine it up there too and fill tankers, thats a different story. 

I just dont see how practical or economical it would be to fill 20' containers.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Violator said:

I just dont see how practical or economical it would be to fill 20' containers.

Shipping by containers is worldwide, every deep sea port in the world now handles containers

Rail carries containers, trucks carry containers and of course huge container ships carry containers

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Shipping by containers is worldwide, every deep sea port in the world now handles containers

Rail carries containers, trucks carry containers and of course huge container ships carry containers

Really i didnt know that

3 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Here is a pro TM Pipeline video:

Apparently the Port of Vancouver will only see an increase of 1 ship per day on average. It doesn't mention traffic at other ports such as Prince Rupert.

Fin and his buddies don't really want to dodge 365  more tankers a year.... and if one spills in a collision , look out  Vancouver Tourism industry is wiped out. 

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Who the hell wants to visit Vancouver?? I guess Chinese investors..

Pretty sure Vancouver gets more tourists than the oil scarred hell scape called Alberta....

alberta-oil-sands.jpg

Edited by kingofsurrey