The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

28 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

I am not that exact person you are accusing me of being.

it is as wrong as me saying you are a toothless redneck who got kicked out of school in grade 6 for not shaving everyday.

My particular issue is not really with the pipeline, but, more super tankers filled with dilbit in the Salish Sea as I reside on Van. Island, which I have stated many times before.

You will not find me with my hair painted blue holding a sign protesting the pipeline, far from it.

I feel that Canapux are the right answer to both, Take the dil out of dilbit

Well in grade 6 I lived in BC so is that your take on BCers? I always assumed BCers were low paid or welfare cases and the islanders were a bunch of pot smoking hippies.:P

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well in grade 6 I lived in BC so is that your take on BCers? I always assumed BCers were low paid or welfare cases and the islanders were a bunch of pot smoking hippies.:P

After moving home thats Pretty spot on.

Edited by Violator
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

I am not that exact person you are accusing me of being.

it is as wrong as me saying you are a toothless redneck who got kicked out of school in grade 6 for not shaving everyday.

My particular issue is not really with the pipeline, but, more super tankers filled with dilbit in the Salish Sea as I reside on Van. Island, which I have stated many times before.

You will not find me with my hair painted blue holding a sign protesting the pipeline, far from it.

I feel that Canapux are the right answer to both, Take the dil out of dilbit

There's four tankers of your sewer dumped in the Salish Sea every day. You seem to think it's surviving. A tanker or two of oil every few years wont hurt it at all. When it was just a Straight nothing seemed to matter. Now that it's a SEA omgz, it's so speeeeecial. The Salish Sea no less.  lol

Edited by Bernards
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Bernards said:

There's four tankers of your sewer dumped in the Salish Sea every day. You seem to think it's surviving. A tanker or two of oil every few years wont hurt it at all. When it was just a Straight nothing seemed to matter. Now that it's a SEA omgz, it's so speeeeecial. The Salish Sea no less.  lol

That sewage is a main contributing factor to the dwindling numbers of killer whales but instead it's easier to blame something that hasn't happened yet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bernards said:

The properties around me all shoot there sewage into the ocean.its made crabbing close by impossible these same people have there head in the sand its ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That sewage is a main contributing factor to the dwindling numbers of killer whales but instead it's easier to blame something that hasn't happened yet.

Is that whats killing off the Herring? which the Salmon eat...which the Whales eat...

Is the ship noise just a small factor? There's an ad on tv out here saying the reduction of noise from the current ships, some agreement they have struck, will help the Whales.

Honest questions, I am moving to waterfront on Van Isl. Starting to get more interested in this topic cause I'm selfish. 

Anyway, Its gross, raw sewage into the ocean. That has to stop. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Is that whats killing off the Herring? which the Salmon eat...which the Whales eat...

Is the ship noise just a small factor? There's an ad on tv out here saying the reduction of noise from the current ships, some agreement they have struck, will help the Whales.

Honest questions, I am moving to waterfront on Van Isl. Starting to get more interested in this topic cause I'm selfish. 

Anyway, Its gross, raw sewage into the ocean. That has to stop. 

What I have been reading points to raw sewage and ship noise but I'm by no means an expert on this.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Billboard campaign asks Albertans to consider separation from Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-separatist-billboards-1.5025437

Alberta leaving Canada would raise average Canadian IQ's by at least 10 percent......

Main concern for us Canadians is if Alberta leaves where we get the WHINE to go with our cheese....

Edited by kingofsurrey

41 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta leaving Canada would raise average Canadian IQ's by at least 10 percent......

Main concern for us Canadians is if Alberta leaves where we get the WHINE to go with our cheese....

Main concern is where would the money come from. 

Don't ever make jokes about separation. Canada is the greatest nation on earth and anyone supporting to separate this nation should be shot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Main concern is where would the money come from. 

Don't ever make jokes about separation. Canada is the greatest nation on earth and anyone supporting to separate this nation should be shot.

I agree , i love Canada.  

I especially love Quebec.  Such an amazing province and proud  / warm / generous people.