The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Main concern is where would the money come from. 

Don't ever make jokes about separation. Canada is the greatest nation on earth and anyone supporting to separate this nation should be shot.

Oh I dunno, every other industry. 

Its goofy, and kind of offensive. But not altogether surprising. At least people in Quebec want to separate for language and cultural reasons, this guy is all about the bucks. If thats all Canada means to him he should move to Venezuela. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Oh I dunno, every other industry. 

Its goofy, and kind of offensive. But not altogether surprising. At least people in Quebec want to separate for language and cultural reasons, this guy is all about the bucks. If thats all Canada means to him he should move to Venezuela. 

Because hugs and kisses pays the bills

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Because hugs and kisses pays the bills

that and what everyone does who's not in the oil biz.

What is AB going to do if prices never recover beyond todays numbers? where will the employees go who may never get their oil patch jobs back? 

Thats whats wrong with stupid things like this guys billboard, it pits people against each other. Who cares how or where a Canadian taxpayer makes their money? 

4 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

What's really wrong with this billboard is people giving it attention that it doesn't deserve.

fair point, sir. 

I suppose it could have been worse, there could have been a movie made about it: 3 Billboards Outside of Canmore, Alberta. 

3 hours ago, Butters7 said:

As an Albertan, this is embarrassing for the entire province.

its embarrassing for all Canadians. I don't know if theres ever going to be a way to get over it, but it would be far better for everyone if the western provinces could find more middle ground. I suspect the key lies in not looking to the feds for solutions and having a meeting of just BC, AB, SK and MN and work out a western alliance, similar to global trading blocks. Just a thought. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its embarrassing for all Canadians. I don't know if theres ever going to be a way to get over it, but it would be far better for everyone if the western provinces could find more middle ground. I suspect the key lies in not looking to the feds for solutions and having a meeting of just BC, AB, SK and MN and work out a western alliance, similar to global trading blocks. Just a thought. 

That is a great thought. Brad Wall said the same things many times. We trade more and easier with countries around the world then we do with neighbouring provinces.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

That is a great thought. Brad Wall said the same things many times. We trade more and easier with countries around the world then we do with neighbouring provinces.

I'm not talking something nutty like a new country, but having us 4 with free moment of labour and goods just makes too much sense. It would actually be a trading block as large as some of the G20 GDPs. But we'd have to do it without the feds meddling, as much as the law allows for it to work. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not talking something nutty like a new country, but having us 4 with free moment of labour and goods just makes too much sense. It would actually be a trading block as large as some of the G20 GDPs. But we'd have to do it without the feds meddling, as much as the law allows for it to work. 

I never said separation, nor did Wall, not sure why you assumed that. You should know me well enough to know I would never support separating of any kind in Canada.:gocan: