The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm so stoked this twinning is getting done. :gocan:

I don't see any machines working today when i look out my window..... 

So sorry.....   better luck for you next week......

Odd how so many posters here support Global Warming

Edited by kingofsurrey

47 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lucky for us we still don't have all your taxes and we still make the most money.

And no one is whining people are just wondering why the minority in BC constantly stand in the way of making Canada money.

Not much to wonder, the rest of Canada is not willing to pay for cleanup, repair, and restoration of the environment should any spills, etc happen. Pretty simple if people stopped to think about it.

Top it off with multiple Indigenous groups who's hereditary leaders never gave consent to use or go through the unceded territories they call home, but instead having elected officials of these Indigenous groups make deals with the Government to proceed undermining many of their own people in the process, and some wonder why there is friction ?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The majority of Canadians are for the project and consider the lack of progress to be a crisis. The silent majority simply needs to get a bit louder. And if the native bands purchase the pipeline it will send a clear message regarding the position of first nations. The bottom line is, not everyone has to agree and say yes for the business of Canada to move forward.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Violator said:

People talk about refining stuff logs is a big thing we also export.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4982990

B.C. vows to curb raw log exports, wood waste with sweeping policy reforms

Hopefully less log exports  will stimulate the BC forest economy..... 

Really time to start thinking about improving the lower fraser river salmon habitat as well.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Not much to wonder, the rest of Canada is not willing to pay for cleanup, repair, and restoration of the environment should any spills, etc happen. Pretty simple if people stopped to think about it.

Top it off with multiple Indigenous groups who's hereditary leaders never gave consent to use or go through the unceded territories they call home, but instead having elected officials of these Indigenous groups make deals with the Government to proceed undermining many of their own people in the process, and some wonder why there is friction ?

Majority of Canadians and Bcers support this project.

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Oh you can see it from your window? I guess you previously made up where you lived. Considering you were in support of rail it's you supporting global warming.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Majority of Canadians and Bcers support this project.

thats fine, I also believe having the infrastructure in place to get our resources to market is a good thing.

The rest of Canada, being Federal and Alberta largely is not willing to pay up should there be a major accident or environmental incident involving the pipelines. So yes the majority probably do support the lines that is great, again but if your not willing to pay or be there for B.C when trouble hits why in the hell would you expect B.C. to simply stand by and let that happen ? 

The more you read into it you realize there is a lot of uncertainty of Indigenous groups also, a bit of a mess most hereditary leaders don't accept the use of the lands which they are responsible for, where as elected councils are responsible for economic factors and have signed off on deals. So that needs to be addressed instead of people getting angry and bewildered as to what is going on.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh you can see it from your window? I guess you previously made up where you lived. Considering you were in support of rail it's you supporting global warming.

I am at work today..... LOL        Nice try....... 

The Kinder sludge line supporters are the ones that like to make up things....  Considering you were in support of Global warming... do you own stock in a Sun Tan lotion company ???

I'd rather see Alberta build several refineries, distilleries and other end product plants, create some industry and jobs for Albertans, and a nice source of domestically produced gasoline or other oil based products for all Canadians.  Makes more sense to me, to sell this stuff to Canadians than put in this pipeline?

Turn the pipeline into refineries.  Should have been done 30 years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, aliboy said:

The majority of Canadians are for the project and consider the lack of progress to be a crisis. The silent majority simply needs to get a bit louder. And if the native bands purchase the pipeline it will send a clear message regarding the position of first nations. The bottom line is, not everyone has to agree and say yes for the business of Canada to move forward.

A 1000 or so people who answered a poll does represent the majority.  Its these statements from both sides that really annoy me.  Again, I am not on either side here.

38 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Do you actively fight global warming? Eletric heat for your house from a carbon neutral supplied power plant? Don’t drive a car? Don’t use ashfalt roads? Use a bike with natural rubber tires instead of synthetic? Assuming you are from BC have you contacted your provincial government to tell them to stop exporting coal? Do you fight against the new LNG pipeline?

You can be against global warming and still see how a pipeline is good. Maybe we could shut down all coal and natural gas power plants as a starter to reduce green house emissions.

I'm still over here wondering when the country that supports this pipeline, and the emotionally damaged province trying to force its pipe into BC, offer to share the risk.

Once the "rest of the country" puts some money on the table and has skin in the game I'll be up for civil discussion,

but until then : &^@# you, &^@# you, &^@# you, oh you - you can &^@# off too. And &^@# you

Bleeeeeeep

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 2

heres an interesting read that Trudeau or notley haven't talked about ,and it might shed some light on the expected tanker increase ,which still wouldn't keep pace with the competitor's  volume movement or quality,  and might explain the desperate Aura this whole expansion seems to have. (do it at all cost)   much like PETRONAS and their chosen site , it was just bad period !, and only yesterday there was a moratorium on said site that no future development will ever happen there EVER!  .i beleave  there will never be an acceptance by the public on the KM  site or the chosen tanker route , and the powers that be will continue to justify  the tanker route and the twinning of the line all because of a 57 year old existing line , that I will admit DOES need replacing, choose a better site (appease everybody) use larger tankers that are the global norm , demob existing 57 year old pipeline ….simple!          https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/03/07/opinion/fatal-flaw-albertas-oil-expansion

oil%20tanker%20size%20pic.jpg

Edited by chon derry

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm still over here wondering when the country that supports this pipeline, and the emotionally damaged province trying to force its pipe into BC, offer to share the risk.

Once the "rest of the country" puts some money on the table and has skin in the game I'll be up for civil discussion,

but until then : &^@# you, &^@# you, &^@# you, oh you - you can &^@# off too. And &^@# you

Bleeeeeeep

Ohh, come on man, tell us what you really think, stop beating around the bush and out with it....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lucky for us we still don't have all your taxes and we still make the most money.

And no one is whining people are just wondering why the minority in BC constantly stand in the way of making Canada money.

It’s our risk.

i don’t expect people who haven’t grown up on a coast to understand.

I don’t consider myself a minority.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Bleeeeeeep

One to many luckys tonight?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, riffraff said:

It’s our risk.

i don’t expect people who haven’t grown up on a coast to understand.

I don’t consider myself a minority.

People have been told, over and over, why there is opposition to the pipeline; they just ignore the reasons. Unfortunately some folk believe money is the  thing that matters most.

• Thanks 1