The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

On 2018-04-22 at 11:18 AM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Don't forget, new double walled pipe, with leak detection and all the bells and whistles but the leak was discovered by accident. Oh and they're sorry. 

Thoughts and prayers to the dead environment 

• Upvote 1

On 2018-04-21 at 8:30 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

That is one of the most biased articles I've seen in a while. I'll just pick out a few gems.

"borderline illegal" means legal. So not real argument there.

The "rewards" go mostly outside of BC, yet BC takes all the risk.

No it isn't a constitutional crisis, it will clarify what powers provinces have. Without that we'll have endless project delays like this. Clarity is a good thing moving forward.

Its beyond ridiculous to link this pipeline to high tech investment in Ontario. 

BC exports metallurgical coal for metal production, it burns far hotter and cleaner than power plant coal.

Rob, all articles like this do is continue to try to distract from the main thing most people in BC are concerned about - safety. Nice that the article completely glossed over that eh? 

I also liked this chestnut:

"Any country in which the national government cannot enforce its authority is a place that global investors understandably avoid."

The USA says hi.

Seriously, that article reads like it was written by an angry Albertan 10th grader whose dad works in the oil industry.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I also liked this chestnut:

"Any country in which the national government cannot enforce its authority is a place that global investors understandably avoid."

The USA says hi.

Seriously, that article reads like it was written by an angry Albertan 10th grader whose dad works in the oil industry.

Its brutal. The linkage to high tech investment and oil left me laughing for quite a while. 

8 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Some are better than others but Notley is a special type of Alberta stupid. 

So true. Her environmental standards and loony carbon capping efforts are a huge waste of dollars as they do nothing to appease Saudi slurpers. 

On 4/22/2018 at 10:01 AM, debluvscanucks said:

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=659398

Butbutbut, everything's fine.  Notley wants to "find out what went wrong" in order to do better.  Not on our soil.

Referencing  a small leak from years ago? All is well now of course. Cleaned up as always. Tadpoles taking over.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Thoughts and prayers to the dead environment 

See above. It's not like landscapes are being stripped forever for windmill erections......or pristine valleys are being drowned for hydro.  Are there any valleys left in BC to destroy?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

So true. Her environmental standards and loony carbon capping efforts are a huge waste of dollars as they do nothing to appease Saudi slurpers. 

Referencing  a small leak from years ago? All is well now of course. Cleaned up as always. Tadpoles taking over.

See above. It's not like landscapes are being stripped forever for windmill erections......or pristine valleys are being drowned for hydro.  Are there any valleys left in BC to destroy?

Do you get out much?

(without mentioning untouched coastline)

fly from rom comox to Calgary alone and tell me that isn't worth protecting.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Do you get out much?

(without mentioning untouched coastline)

fly from rom comox to Calgary alone and tell me that isn't worth protecting.

It doesn't need protecting, it protects itself. BC makes parks out of mountain tops and rapes any land low enough to make a buck on. I'm a British Columbian btw.

1 hour ago, mightycpc said:

Small leak? It was one of biggest oil spills in Alberta's history. That's saying a lot considering they average 2 a year over the last 37. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

It doesn't need protecting, it protects itself. BC makes parks out of mountain tops and rapes any land low enough to make a buck on. I'm a British Columbian btw.

Ok so the raping fields can be replanted like they have been for decades correct?

so then said clear cut areas become contaminated.......

oops!  Destroyed future industry and environment. 

15 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Ok so the raping fields can be replanted like they have been for decades correct?

Agriculture is the worst for the natural environment of course (chemicals, water use, deforestation, habitat, sheer volume, etc.) So called green energy all relies on further habitat destruction, especially hydro. 

Logging is not such a tragedy anymore with the new methods. It should be the main concern for faux enviros who are only concerned with CO2. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Small leak? It was one of biggest oil spills in Alberta's history. That's saying a lot considering they average 2 a year over the last 37. 

Correct....one of the biggest spills and it is a minor temporary impact on a small patch of land.  Put up one windmill and that land is gone forever.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

Agriculture is the worst for the natural environment of course (chemicals, water use, deforestation, habitat, sheer volume, etc.) So called green energy all relies on further habitat destruction, especially hydro. 

Logging is not such a tragedy anymore with the new methods. It should be the main concern for faux enviros who are only concerned with CO2. 

Ok I'm not sure what is being discussed.  Oil spill?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

Correct....one of the biggest spills and it is a minor temporary impact on a small patch of land.  Put up one windmill and that land is gone forever.

Or until it blows up.or catches on fire and starts a forest fire.

Edited by Violator
Few extra ideas
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

so I guess the key word there is "land" 

45 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

:lol:

1.jpg

Or, even better, we should install these on our coast and we can ship energy back to Alberta ;-)

Pale-down-large_0.gif

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You haven’t seen a windmill in person have you?  Try spending a day beside them. You’d go crazy. 

Right....and that's best case scenario. The rest of the time they sit there like motionless scars on the former natural landscape, waiting for another river to be dammed, or hopefully, a natural gas fired power plant to kick in.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Ok I'm not sure what is being discussed.  Oil spill?

You tell me

1 hour ago, riffraff said: