The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Report/Speculation] The Official Erik Karlsson Thread (Keep it all here please)

No need for Karlsson now. We just signed Stetcher. Lol!

Given our our pathetic group of defensemen, I predict another bottom 5 finish next season. 

The more this gets drawn out, the more his asking price will have to go down. More teams will be in play once this happens (hopefully the Canucks as well).

There is always a chance....

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

No need for Karlsson now. We just signed Stetcher. Lol!

Given our our pathetic group of defensemen, I predict another bottom 5 finish next season. 

The more this gets drawn out, the more his asking price will have to go down. More teams will be in play once this happens (hopefully the Canucks as well).

There is always a chance....

Better to sign them and keep them for the “asset” they are grandmaster..   we do seem to be stacking the D cupboard a bit.  Perhaps we do see a couple of prospects or players leave to acquire a legit, proven #1 D like Karlsson.  

Something this franchise has never had,. Or a Stanley Cup..   obviously there is a connection in that :) 

This Karlsson “watch” is intriguing in the least.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

As long as Benning doesn't hand over Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, Petterson, or Demko, I'm fine with acquiring Karlsson. Seeing as how one or more going to Ottawa might be the only way Vancouver could acquire Karlsson, I'm fine with not trading for him.

Benning does seem to have some power over Dorion though.....

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Don't know how we make this work without blowing up our prospect pool. All I see us willing to give up is Gaudette/Edler +. If we give up more than that I'll lose my sh*t. Guys a UFA with a huge chance he doesn't even sign with us. 

5 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Don't know how we make this work without blowing up our prospect pool. All I see us willing to give up is Gaudette/Edler +. If we give up more than that I'll lose my sh*t. Guys a UFA with a huge chance he doesn't even sign with us. 

Thinking that Edler might be a draw for Karlsson considering their chemistry at the Worlds.

Well I personally doubt it.

Sportsnet-Staff-1-115x115.png Sportsnet Staff @Sportsnet August 22, 2018, 12:13 PM
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Trade talks for Ottawa Senators superstar defenceman Erik Karlsson have picked up recently and there is belief the Vancouver Canucks have interest, according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman.

7XxrKnn7_normal.jpg

There is a sense today that Erik Karlsson trade talks have picked up in the last few days. Most likely destinations appear to be Western Conference. There is also a belief VAN has stepped in to see if it is a match.

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

As long as Benning doesn't hand over Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, Petterson, or Demko, I'm fine with acquiring Karlsson. Seeing as how one or more going to Ottawa might be the only way Vancouver could acquire Karlsson, I'm fine with not trading for him.

Benning does seem to have some power over Dorion though.....

Every other GM seems to have power of Dorion. Can you honestly look back at any trade Ottawa has made in the last two years and think "Oh yeah, they definitely came out ahead there"?

14 minutes ago, Provost said:

Is this the reason Linden walked I wonder?  We keep getting linked as interested.

We had better not give up much of this happens.

Sutter, Granlund, Hutton?

If the Senators offered Zack Smith, Cody Ceci, and Tom Pyatt for Pettersson, would you say yes? Because that's basically what that offer looks like to them.

In any event, I don't see the Canucks having the kind of assets to land Karlsson without crippling their prospect depth. Some other team will be willing to pay that price, even if it probably won't match Karlsson's full value.

Only plausible scenario how were a fit is if we take on Ryan’s full contract so we don’t give up quality pieces

to ott: goldobin, hutton, leipsic, gagner, granlund, 2nd rounder 2019

To van: karlsson, ryan

taking on Ryan’s contract lowers the return automatically for ott and they sound pretty content on making that happen. 

BUT karlsson has to agree to an extension beforehand or there’s no deal

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

hell no, give them 2nd and grandland

Not saying i'd do it, but probably what the price is currently at. 

I really dont see Ottawa trading him for spare pieces like Hutton, Granlund, Gagner like others are mentioning 

Archived