The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

1 minute ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Yikes checked his DB and that's a major drop in production.... what happened? 

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know his injury history? Has he been having concussion problems? 

19 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

The problem is that Arizona is in eternal rebuild mode.  I'd love to acquire domi but it has to make sense for us. They're not going to take granlund and a second or vanek in a deal. They'll want a pick or a young guy.

Goldobin + Granlund? 

Arizona is a mess.

It seems nobody there knows anything about defense, including the coaching staff.

I don't know that I want to touch anything there. 

Max has all the offensive talent to be a star but there's no commitment to play all two hundred feet of the ice. For a team that preaches dedication to playing a complete game, Domi poses a problem.

There's no doubt we could use more offense. But Vancouver management has committed to a team concept that, when completed, will be very strong for a long time. 

Under this concept, I don't see Domi as a fit. 

For this reason, I'd pass.

Domi could be our solution to a core LW player in the future, perhaps more so than Baertschi. (On top of Dahlen)

We could always offer Goldobin and an add. I think at this point Granlund could be a fit on their roster. He could take Domi's spot on their third line. He is a responsible defensive player, could flourish with different line mates and a better opportunity than he is getting with us beside Sutter. 

Maybe something like Goldobin, Granlund and a 3rd?

But honestly, this seems like more of a deadline thing. If for example we end up getting Zadina or Svech from the draft, then we would hypothetically have our top 6 wingers in Boeser, Dahlen, 2018 pick, Goldobin, Lind, Gadjovich.

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

I would consider something around Goldy or Hutton. There has to be some red flags with Domo now? Numbers this year are horrible.

Nobody reaches their potential on the Coyotes. I believe it is more the team/organization than the player and I believe Domi would flourish on another team. I suspect the asking price is still going to be relatively high and IMO we would have to make a stronger offer than what has been indicated so far in this thread. Maybe a Domi and 4th for Baertschi, Hutton and a 3rd.

It would be a great reunion for Bo. These boys won a memorial cup together, and were really the two most important guys on that team. I love the idea. Domi and Baertschi at middle LW, and he can shift to center when there's injuries. Brings the speed, toughness, skill, and heart. I would be willing to give up a lot for him. We have a decent cupboard now. I'm not saying throw it away, but you can have your future top 6 penciled in. Our future core would finally be set for years. Don't let the numbers fool you, Domi has talent. He just needs to get out of that god awful franchise and into a real market.

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Nobody reaches their potential on the Coyotes. I believe it is more the team/organization than the player and I believe Domi would flourish on another team. I suspect the asking price is still going to be relatively high and IMO we would have to make a stronger offer than what has been indicated so far in this thread. Maybe a Domi and 4th for Baertschi, Hutton and a 3rd.

Yeah thats more like it, 3 pieces for sure if none are 1st rate. Baer hutton and pick is exactly what I was thinking. Higher pick if granny is swapped for baer and we resign baer this summer. 

Re unite Bo and Domi!  :D I am 100% for this been saying for 3 years to a co worker we ahould go after Domi. I feel like Bubbles in a shed full of kitties and a bottle of Bald pussy tequilla and guitar in my arms. " Bo and Domi" ( replacing Liquor and *hores...) Greasy old cheese burgers.. 

22 minutes ago, rekker said:

Remember when people were crying after we drafted Bo instead of Domi. Lol

I was literally yelling at the TV, “we just picked the wrong guy from London.”  Mrs. Alf put her hand on my shoulder and said, “wrong, you old furry idiot; Horvat is the right pick”.  Okay, she didn’t call me furry.  :lol:

I wanted Max at the draft, and I want him now.  Would a stalled Hutton be enough for a stalled Domi?

Baertschi and hutton for Domi. Picks balance it out. That's super fair, and helps both teams.

I say in the offseason, we draft the best Dman we can. (Of course, best player available. But if two guys are even, go with the Dman) And then go make a big splash in free agency with a guy like Evander Kane. When that guy gets going, he can be a force. And he won't command super high money either.

Kane - Petterson - Boeser

Domi - Horvat - Virtanen

That's the Canucks core and top 6 for years to come. That's a mean, athletic, speedy, team, with a bunch of dudes with a whole lot of heart. I want that core.

What is wrong with Domi?

What is wrong with Arizona...it's the entire team.  Nobody comes to realize their potential there and eventually just stop caring.  Watch most of the traded youth in Arizona start shining.  Domi anywhere else becomes a 50-60 point guy IMO

Who is our best analytics guy?  Send him over with a calculator for Chayka and bring Domi over

Archived