The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

44 minutes ago, The Lock said:

And there you go again making statements without backing yourself up and not even addressing a single point I made.

Once again, I stand by my previous post. lol

None of what you said is relevant unless you believe because he is a high draft pick he deserves more of a shot than someone else. 

He has not earned the right to play in the NHL who cares if he’s slowly improving there are people playing better who aren’t getting a shot because Virtanen has their spot.

like I said he didn’t even look good in the  AHL he didn’t deserve to be here but he is purely from the position he was drafted. 

lol if Arizona were even considering Domi for Virtanen, Benning would be driving Jake to the airport himself. People are trying to compare players on two totally different levels by using one player's best season vs. the other player's off season (even then, Max is having a far better season... go figure). That is the epitome of convenient argumentation. 

The only people who think Jake is somehow good enough to carry Domi's sticks are CDC posters. What a surprise. 

We shouldn't be proposing this trade simply because Chayka would have to be high on some good stuff to even consider it. 

23 minutes ago, guntrix said:

lol if Arizona were even considering Domi for Virtanen, Benning would be driving Jake to the airport himself. People are trying to compare players on two totally different levels by using one player's best season vs. the other player's off season (even then, Max is having a far better season... go figure). That is the epitome of convenient argumentation. 

The only people who think Jake is somehow good enough to carry Domi's sticks are CDC posters. What a surprise. 

We shouldn't be proposing this trade simply because Chayka would have to be high on some good stuff to even consider it. 

Is Domi having a far better season though? He's been struggling mightily. 

Virtanen has 7 goals playing 4th line minutes with no power play time; Domi has 4 goals playing on the 3rd line and 1st unit powerplay. 

I acknowledge that Domi has had two straight 52 point pace seasons to start his career, and is a better player than Virtanen. My argument is not that I wouldn't trade Virtanen for Domi straight up, it's that I would rather have both of em. I'm willing to overpay in order to have both of em. 

14 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Is Domi having a far better season though? He's been struggling mightily. 

Virtanen has 7 goals playing 4th line minutes with no power play time; Domi has 4 goals playing on the 3rd line and 1st unit powerplay. 

I acknowledge that Domi has had two straight 52 point pace seasons to start his career, and is a better player than Virtanen. My argument is not that I wouldn't trade Virtanen for Domi straight up, it's that I would rather have both of em. I'm willing to overpay in order to have both of em. 

I think it's easier if we forget about their names for a sec to avoid any kind of bias:

Player A:

9aELZL.jpeg

Player B:

M5elon.jpeg

I don't see how they're even in the same echelon.

Would you take player B over player A because he has 3 more goals in 2017/18? Even if player A has almost twice the amount of points in that same season?

As for PP time, I don't think Jake has shown he deserves that responsibility just yet. 

38 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I think it's easier if we forget about their names for a sec to avoid any kind of bias:

Player A:

9aELZL.jpeg

Player B:

M5elon.jpeg

I don't see how they're even in the same echelon.

Would you take player B over player A because he has 3 more goals in 2017/18? Even if player A has almost twice the amount of points in that same season?

As for PP time, I don't think Jake has shown he deserves that responsibility just yet. 

It's like you ignored the last part of my post. I'll repeat it for you:

"I acknowledge that Domi has had two straight 52 point pace seasons to start his career, and is a better player than Virtanen. My argument is not that I wouldn't trade Virtanen for Domi straight up, it's that I would rather have both of em."

8 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

"I acknowledge that Domi has had two straight 52 point pace seasons to start his career, and is a better player than Virtanen. My argument is not that I wouldn't trade Virtanen for Domi straight up, it's that I would rather have both of em."

I like your acquisitive nature.

regards,  G.

28 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

I was more or less responding to your first two lines. Is Domi having a better season? Short answer would be yes. 

I'd also like to have everyone but in order to get something, we'd have to give something up in return. Packaging up Virtanen in a deal for Domi would hardly be the end of the world. 

52 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I was more or less responding to your first two lines. Is Domi having a better season? Short answer would be yes. 

I'd also like to have everyone but in order to get something, we'd have to give something up in return. Packaging up Virtanen in a deal for Domi would hardly be the end of the world. 

Virtanen is more valuable to me than Domi. His speed and strength is game breaking and a huge asset in the playoffs. We have a lot of small playmakers in our system, we don’t need another. 

8 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Virtanen is more valuable to me than Domi. His speed and strength is game breaking and a huge asset in the playoffs. We have a lot of small playmakers in our system, we don’t need another. 

Tonight Jake showed his speed, strength, and skill on that Dowd goal.  He pretty much carried Krug.

2 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Love 18 and can’t wait to see him in a couple of years.

That's the thing, in a couple of years he could be a beast... Sure he looks lost out there sometimes, but so did Neely.

Those end to end rushes and thundering hits he flashes could become much more frequent. 

Ahh I love the CDC lowball offers.

Domi is a sick player.

Trade tanev for a late first rounder and a defensive prospect.

late first rounder + goldoblin and Dahlen 

for 

Max domi

and we probably wouldn’t get him because I’m sure someone else would offer more.

40 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Ahh I love the CDC lowball offers.

Domi is a sick player.

Trade tanev for a late first rounder and a defensive prospect.

late first rounder + goldoblin and Dahlen 

for 

Max domi

and we probably wouldn’t get him because I’m sure someone else would offer more.

Get real. So in your mind domi is worth considerably more than Tanev??? 

6 minutes ago, Jackalman said:

Get real. So in your mind domi is worth considerably more than Tanev??? 

The only difference in the trade is that Phx gets two non NHL players instead of one like we would in the Tanev deal in my fantasy land.

not what I would consider “considerably” more, but at this stage in our rebuild, domi would be far more valuable over tanev, or dahlen, or goldy, so yeah, I’d bet to win to get him.

19 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

The only difference in the trade is that Phx gets two non NHL players instead of one like we would in the Tanev deal in my fantasy land.

not what I would consider “considerably” more, but at this stage in our rebuild, domi would be far more valuable over tanev, or dahlen, or goldy, so yeah, I’d bet to win to get him.

So you are ok with trading tanev, goldy, and dahlen for domi and a d prospect. That better be one hell of a defensive prospect is all I can say. 

Archived