The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

No to moving Granlund and beartschi. Beartschi especially is trending up in terms of PPG, on pace for 44 points which would have been a career high. 

Domi is struggling and while he le he has had a better season than beartschi it is long ago and he is trending down.

hutton + Goldy + Gagner 

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think any deal for Domi would have to include winger(s), since Arizona’s wing depth is very poor. 

Read that Arizona might lose a couple d too: OEL being one of them.  I think a stalled Hutton for a stalled Domi would be fair.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Read that Arizona might lose a couple d too: OEL being one of them.  I think a stalled Hutton for a stalled Domi would be fair.

Yeah.  Domi is a tad younger tho.  Something to think on for sure

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Yeah.  Domi is a tad younger tho.  Something to think on for sure

Good point about Domi’s age.  I wonder if Hutton + Goldy is too much?  Maybe the allure of Domi is his name and draft position, and he’s being overvalued by us?

4 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

hutton+ Goldobin+ a prospect like Palmu/Jasek/Mccewen/mcceneny etc. oh yeah plus Sam Gagner 

Id be asking for a prospect like that back with Domi for that package.  Goldie is a good asset and Hutton is no slouch. He's neck and neck with a former 8th overall in Pouliot.

Btw I like the Pouliot Gudbranson pairing.  I was asking for it after we got Pouliot. Glad it's finally a thing. His game is like that of his former partner in Fla. Campbell that is his name.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Id be asking for a prospect like that back with Domi for that package.  Goldie is a good asset and Hutton is no slouch. He's neck and neck with a former 7th overall in Pouliot.

Fair enough! I hope Arizona sees it like that. If JB pulls off a trade like this, trimming some of our excess roster fat (hutton and Gagner) while sending them back gagner’s contract this would be a great move by JB. He could do nothing else and his TDL could be seen as a major win. 

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Id be asking for a prospect like that back with Domi for that package.  Goldie is a good asset and Hutton is no slouch. He's neck and neck with a former 8th overall in Pouliot.

Btw I like the Pouliot Gudbranson pairing.  I was asking for it after we got Pouliot. Glad it's finally a thing. His game is like that of his former partner in Fla. Campbell that is his name.

I didn’t see the game but Botchford crapped all over the Pouliot-Guddy pairing in the provies. But Botch = fake news, so...

39 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

No to moving Granlund and beartschi. Beartschi especially is trending up in terms of PPG, on pace for 44 points which would have been a career high. 

Domi is struggling and while he le he has had a better season than beartschi it is long ago and he is trending down.

hutton + Goldy + Gagner 

I know people would love to give our scraps for quality players.

But if the ask is Sven for Domi,  you take that and run.   

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Would u guys do Max Domi for Goldobin and Hutton?  That might be an overpayment at this point.

That trade of course fixes two issues for us -- an excess of LHS dmen, and the fact that Goldy requires waivers next year.  I would look at including a mid-range pick, if need be.  Aside from history with Bo and such, the real upside of this trade is this:  it will give us very close to having two legitimate scoring lines.  What's the implication of that? 

No need to re-sign the Sedins, and the rebuild takes it's biggest step forward.

9 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I bet he ends up going for less than most of us would think... a second and a b prospect methinks. 

If we were to trade Baertschi, what would you want back? Is a 2nd and b prospect enough to make you happy? Unless Domi demanded a trade, I see no point on giving up on him so early unless there is a good return. Yes he's having a lesser season that he has, but he has shown that he could be quite good and is still very young. Personally I think he's on the market because he will demand more than what Arizona wants to pay considering he will want a lot to stay with such a bad team, but they will only do so if it makes sense for them and a 2nd plus B prospect will set them back another couple of years which they cannot afford.

It's funny seeing several proposals with the updated version of Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd, thinking that could get us anyone on the market.

Domi is exactly the gritty skilled forward this team needs to fill Dorsetts shoes. His history with Bo might be the boost he needs to find his game, and a young team that is showing signs of turning around might be a place he'd be happy to come to.  1 of Hutton, Granny, or Goldy with a draft pick as sweetener (3rd or maybe a 2nd) might get it done, but I'm suspecting there will be a bidding war, and I think it might be worth getting in the mix to win his services. 

Archived