The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tampa looking for Veteran D

86Viking

49 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you whatssoever, I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of noise here about how terrible Edler (and several other players) is and suddenly some speculation like this happens and they think we could fetch the best from other teams with the players they trash all year.

Actually not if you follow the GDTs the past few weeks, but much more the opposite.  He's playing the best he has for at least 6-7 years right now.

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

Yzerman would not want Edler if he was after one of our D it would be Tanev. I'm pretty sure Yzerman would be offering Brayden Point for Tanev which I would not do unless there is another big piece coming back to Vancouver. 

Brayden Point and Cal Foote for Tanev would be my offer.

Point is near a ppg, they wont tyler johnson long before him imo. If we got an offer like that for Tanev JB should be ecstatic and without question make the deal. 

7 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Point is near a ppg, they wont tyler johnson long before him imo. If we got an offer like that for Tanev JB should be ecstatic and without question make the deal. 

I disagree he is small and on a powerhouse of a team. Tampa has a history of selling young players with inflated stats to teams for great returns and then those players turn into duds.

10 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I disagree he is small and on a powerhouse of a team. Tampa has a history of selling young players with inflated stats to teams for great returns and then those players turn into duds.

he is 3'' taller than Johnson, will grow into his frame, johnson has already done that

2 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Are you kidding? You wouldn't do Tanev for Point? That's a steal for us and there's no way that Yzerman does that. Why ruin all your secondary scoring?

If they're going for the cup, they're looking to add components, not swap them. They'll be moving picks or prospects, not established young players that'll put up 60 points. 

TB has secondary scoring coming out of their a$$. 1 guy doesn't make that much of difference.

2 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Because he isn't stupid. Edler coughs up the puck under pressure in his own end and that's what Tampa is trying to fix. Tanev is exactly what he will be looking for. Seeing how Yzerman trades I am betting he will try to trade Point straight up for Tanev. 

Yuk. Not into Point. We need D. Especially if we lose Tanev. Foote is a starting point. What other young D do they have. Their first and Foote and?

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

I would trade Guds to them for a package including one of those D. But for Tanev it has to be at least a stud blue chipper dman coming back. Or a high first. 

Ya I would do that also. Sounds like they might want a D who has term left not a pending UFA, if they are going to give up a decent return for anyway. Plus Gudbranson and Girardi on the same team doesnt seem like a good thing

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Actually not if you follow the GDTs the past few weeks, but much more the opposite.  He's playing the best he has for at least 6-7 years right now.

Just wait until after the trade deadline if Edler is still here...

I don't often follow the GDTs, but I do peruse the PGTs and I do notice that there has been more praise for Edler lately, but I think my point still stands.

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

he is 3'' taller than Johnson, will grow into his frame, johnson has already done that

His linemates are both smaller than him. He has had 2 solid years and isn't that big and due for a raise. I can see Yzerman trading him when his stock is at its highest, if not this year definitely next year.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

The thought of JB trading with Yzerman scares me. 

They have a TON of good prospects and if they offer a 1st or 2nd rounder I dont see how it would be a bad team to trade with, even if we dont get 1 of their top prospects there are still good choices imo

Archived