The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rick Nash submits no-trade list to Rangers

It’s already been widely reported that the New York Rangers could look to sell off veteran assets between now and the trade deadline, and it looks like the first big piece could be moved in the near future.

According to TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie, the Rangers asked pending unrestricted free agent Rick Nash to submit his no-trade list. On Sunday, Nash reportedly handed in his list of 18 teams that he wouldn’t be willing to go to.

The 33-year-old clearly isn’t the same player he once was, but he’s still a relatively productive winger with a big body. He got off to a rocky start, as he had just one goal in his first 11 games, but he’s now up to 15 goals and 25 points in 52 contests.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/02/05/rick-nash-reportedly-submits-no-trade-list-to-rangers/

Just now, b3. said:

Guaranteed every single Canadian franchise are one of those no go teams.

You could be right.

I really have no respect for Canadian players that don't wana play for their home country though and chose dumpsters like NY to play. I know I call many cities in the US dumpsters... but NY is legit a dumpster passed 11pm... garbage on all the streets, rats, mice, it's absolutely filthy and disgusting how they manage their garbage disposal. 

At 7.9 Million, he isn't welcome on the Canucks anyways. So I'd be more than happy if we're on his no trade list.

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Is it not standard procedure for players with such lists to have to provide them, or is it only on request of management?  Would think politically the former would be preferable, as the latter only results in rumours and suspicion.

Not necessarily.  It depends on how it's written in the contract - some have to automatically submit a list by a given date while others just let management decide if they want a list or not.  Hansen submitted his in February after being asked last year.  Ottawa created a bit of a mini-storm a few weeks back when they asked the lists of all their players including Karlsson.  

Back in 2011/2012 Nahs refused to go to Canada and stated he didn't want the pressure of playing in the microscope of Canadian markets.  Plus he's a depth guy now.  The Jets might be the best fit but hard to see who he displaces

Brampton-raised Rick Nash — a power forward looking for a way out of the lowly Columbus Blue Jackets — will not approve a trade to his once-beloved Maple Leafs.

The Columbus Dispatch uncovered the six teams that Nash would approve a trade to, and none of them are in Canada.

Nash’s list of “approved” destinations are: Boston, Detroit, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and San Jose.

Nash has represented Canada seven times internationally, winning Olympic gold in 2010 and world championship gold in 2007. But it appears to NBC analyst Brian Engblom that Nash wants to avoid the microscope that comes with playing hockey in Canada.

“It says he wants to get away,” Engblom, now an NBC analyst, told the Dispatch. “Every guy is different. Look at the kid (Justin Schultz) that just signed with Edmonton as a free agent. From what I could tell, he only wanted to play in Canada. I played in Canadian and U.S. markets, and I can tell you, it is different. To each his own. Some guys thrive on being under that microscope, of having that daily pressure of everybody watching you. And some guys really don’t like that.”

26 minutes ago, apollo said:

You could be right.

I really have no respect for Canadian players that don't wana play for their home country though and chose dumpsters like NY to play. I know I call many cities in the US dumpsters... but NY is legit a dumpster passed 11pm... garbage on all the streets, rats, mice, it's absolutely filthy and disgusting how they manage their garbage disposal. 

At 7.9 Million, he isn't welcome on the Canucks anyways. So I'd be more than happy if we're on his no trade list.

Vancouver has a lot of rats and mice too. People seem to enjoy littering along Fraser, Granville, Kingsway, Commercial. Glass houses, apollo.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Oh how the mighty have fallen, eh Rick Nash?

age catches up to us all.  It's amazing how quickly you can go from atop of the world to the swamps of misery and hollows of sadness.  Sadness I say!! Sadness!!

Just now, Rush17 said:

age catches up to us all.  It's amazing how quickly you can go from atop of the world to the swamps of misery and hollows of sadness.  Sadness I say!! Sadness!!

I doth agree with your statement. It'll be interesting to see where Nash ends up, and whether he continues to wallow in his own mediocrity or has his flaccid hockey career jumpstarted by new surroundings.

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Vancouver has a lot of rats and mice too. People seem to enjoy littering along Fraser, Granville, Kingsway, Commercial. Glass houses, apollo.

True. I'm actually starting to hate this city tbh... will forever stay loyal to my Canucks though. I'd %100 move out if all my friends and family weren't here and I wasn't raised here. God damn it's so frustrating living here. 

Had to put my homer spin on it though. I would never chose NY over Van though. Maybe somewhere in Cali or Florida or Vegas...

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

True. I'm actually starting to hate this city tbh... will forever stay loyal to my Canucks though. I'd %100 move out if all my friends and family weren't here and I wasn't raised here. God damn it's so frustrating living here. 

Had to put my homer spin on it though. I would never chose NY over Van though. Maybe somewhere in Cali or Florida or Vegas...

Fair enough, apollo.

52 minutes ago, apollo said:

You could be right.

lol, NY/Manhattan is one of the greatest places in the US. You get that many people you get some garbage.  

Archived