The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rick Nash submits no-trade list to Rangers

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

Racism shouldn't exist. All cultures and races should be loved and hated on equally. Because there's great people and absolute trash people in every race.

Soooooo Rick Nash... eh? I'll give Hutton for Nash 50% retained, 2019 1st, 2018 1st, and DeAngelo 

"Race" doesn't really exist anyhow - not within the human race in any event.  There is so much variation within what are referred to as allegedly distinct 'races', and commonality between, to make the concept meaningless.

And perhaps more importantly - more to the point - if we were all different "races", we wouldn't be able to (naturally) breed with one another.  We are one species of people.  We have cultural, social, historical, biological differences, and have constructed identities around those - however, from a 'scientific', logical standpoint - there really is no such thing as "races" of people.  There are cultures, nations, identities - but 'race' doesn't really stand up to reason or science.

What people mistake for "race" are merely the different effects of the diversity of evolving in all kinds of differenct climates, ecosystems, social structures, etc.

Kingdom

Phylum

Class

Order

Family

Genus

Species

I can still remember something at least, from grade 12 biology lol.

"Race"?  What exactly is that.

Sub-species.  Still the same.

Same species, simply different "strains" of that species.

Genetic differences - arising from differentiated evolution - do not constitute separate species or even 'subspecies' / nor 'races' as intended by the attempt to qualify separate biological 'races'.

The only truth to any of this is - really - that the Rangers are not as good at hockey as the Canucks.   Canucks nation is in fact superior.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

The only truth to any of this is - really - that the Rangers are not as good at hockey as the Canucks.   Canucks nation is in fact superior.

They truly are wasting years of AV's life by sucking so much. AV needs to come back! 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

I'm just explaining why Vancouver is a such a racist city. People are racist towards immigrants who come in and take advantage of our laws and loopholes. They shouldn't be racist though but that's the case. It's our government we should be mad at. 

I don't think it really has to do with race.  I've known East Indians who deride or make fun of new East Indian immigrants, and a Vietnamese guy who would imitate the "boat people" coming in, despite having a heavy accent of his own.  A lot of the anti-immigrant sentiment actually comes from the Asian community, even towards the same place they came from.  In a way we have a version of the so-called US melting pot, where once people are established here they become Canadian, even if still ethnically distinct.  The "racism" label is just a cheap mindless way to dismiss.

who else thinks its laughable at what the Rangers are asking for Nash?

Vanek is out producing him this year, and throughout their post season careers they have basically the same ppg average in the playoffs.

If I was a team I buy a way cheaper Vanek than an over hyped Nash. That way if you fail to advance far or they dont do much you arent out a 1st round pick plus

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

who else thinks its laughable at what the Rangers are asking for Nash?

Vanek is out producing him this year, and throughout their post season careers they have basically the same ppg average in the playoffs.

If I was a team I buy a way cheaper Vanek than an over hyped Nash. That way if you fail to advance far or they dont do much you arent out a 1st round pick plus

you make a great point 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, smokes said:

Don't know why but since I don't really have a dog in the race during this year's playoffs. I'd love to see Crosby and Nash on a line together.

Are there any players with the last names Stills or Young in the league?

On 06/02/2018 at 11:11 AM, Ryan Strome said:

I'm married so I really haven't looked into the ratios that much. I have heard Red deer has like a 7 to 1 ratio of women to men but I wouldn't recommend Red deer.

Personally I wouldn't want to live in the U.S I wouldn't want people thinking I'm American.

sad-boy.thumb.jpg.49c90096adf9462b5c3cad1e3a556b11.jpg

On 2/9/2018 at 7:26 AM, rekker said:

He is on pace for 40 points? Has had a less than stellar playoff history? A winger? Am I the only one not getting the fuss here. I see a second and a prospect for him. Maybe. If he is worth a fist. Vanek is worth a second easy.

Well I don't think the winger part would make a huge difference plus he is a big body. That being said, I see it as the Rangers want him to get "over-hyped" so that they get a better return.

Unfortunately, it's worked in the past for some teams at the trade deadline. Good ol' Olli Jokinen!

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Well I don't think the winger part would make a huge difference plus he is a big body. That being said, I see it as the Rangers want him to get "over-hyped" so that they get a better return.

Unfortunately, it's worked in the past for some teams at the trade deadline. Good ol' Olli Jokinen!

No kidding with the publicity. Two seconds for Polak! I like centre depth for injuries and face off options but ya I catch your drift on the big speedy winger bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/02/2018 at 5:59 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Maple Leafs have been confirmed as one of the teams Rick Nash will accept a trade to.

Oh I know. Same with McDonough. TSN has headlined both already. TSN = Leafs propaganda team. Making sure everyone knows Nash and McDonough are options for the Leafs . 

Archived