The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Craig Button Releases list of Top 50 NHL affiliated prospects (5 Canucks)

Adarsh Sant

8 hours ago, dura_mater said:

He doesn't have to play at 218lbs.  Just because YOU can't put on more than 10lbs per year or YOU are an ectomorph doesn't mean every else's body works like yours.  These guys have the best personal trainers and dietitians available to them.

Also, you can change from ecto to mesomorph.  To use your personal analogies I was skinny as a rail as a teen and am an mesomorph now.  Lifting heavy weights increases bone mass, or simply put bone size.

if he can get to 200 lbs that would be just fine he isnt supposed to be a power forward. That's Jakes job.

12 hours ago, dura_mater said:

He doesn't have to play at 218lbs.  Just because YOU can't put on more than 10lbs per year or YOU are an ectomorph doesn't mean every else's body works like yours.  These guys have the best personal trainers and dietitians available to them.

Also, you can change from ecto to mesomorph.  To use your personal analogies I was skinny as a rail as a teen and am an mesomorph now.  Lifting heavy weights increases bone mass, or simply put bone size.

Great. No complaints. Arny was skinny once too. 

The thought of a 170lb EP in the NHL was my point. 

The rest of this was from being quoted with claims like expecting this kid to quickly gain 40lbs or something... like turning into Sundin. I disagree. 

It’s not as if EP is a skinny computer geek, couch potato. 

He has been training hard as a professional athlete for however long now. His body type does not lend itself to the ridiculous idea that he will gain weight like mad while doing as much cardio as required, over the summer. I’m not going to argue about it anymore. 

Like Mikeyman says, if he hits 200lbs that would be great, plenty heavy. 

IMO, and for the final time, it’s not ideal to have a 175lb EP taking a regular shift in the NHL. I don’t want to see him to get hurt. Its kind of laughable that I am suggesting the Canucks protect this asset and and that is a bad thing on here. What’s the rush? What’s the damn rush? Let the kid grow into an NHL frame before  penciling him into the NHL. 

On 2/19/2018 at 11:14 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

Kesler gained 40lbs in 5 months?

It sure wasn’t between October and March, I’d assume. 

EP is skinny. You don’t just grow muscle like you do a beard when you are an ectomorph. I had the same body type and I don’t think that kid will ever play at 218. We’ll see.

Yes, well according to an interview with him in the ESPN body issue where he is nakie

"When I came into the league, I was only 185 pounds. So after my rookie year, the coaches told me to gain weight. I focused on getting big up top, which actually isn't important for a hockey player, and I ate a ton. I gained 40 pounds in about five months. I was 20 and didn't know any better. 

That is obviously on the extreme end of the spectrum. Ectomorph argument is BS. If you eat in a calorie surplus and lift weights you will gain muscle. I know a skinny ass asian dude who is jacked AF in less than two years. And he is a software developer lol. 

16 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

if he can get to 200 lbs that would be just fine he isnt supposed to be a power forward. That's Jakes job.

I never said he needs to be a power forward.

12 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Great. No complaints. Arny was skinny once too. 

The thought of a 170lb EP in the NHL was my point. 

The rest of this was from being quoted with claims like expecting this kid to quickly gain 40lbs or something... like turning into Sundin. I disagree. 

It’s not as if EP is a skinny computer geek, couch potato. 

He has been training hard as a professional athlete for however long now. His body type does not lend itself to the ridiculous idea that he will gain weight like mad while doing as much cardio as required, over the summer. I’m not going to argue about it anymore. 

Like Mikeyman says, if he hits 200lbs that would be great, plenty heavy. 

IMO, and for the final time, it’s not ideal to have a 175lb EP taking a regular shift in the NHL. I don’t want to see him to get hurt. Its kind of laughable that I am suggesting the Canucks protect this asset and and that is a bad thing on here. What’s the rush? What’s the damn rush? Let the kid grow into an NHL frame before  penciling him into the NHL. 

Well that's one thing we can agree on.  I don't want a 170ish lb Pettersson playing in the NHL either.  Definitely no rush and I wouldn't be upset if he wasn't in the NHL next year.

1 minute ago, dura_mater said:

I never said he needs to be a power forward.

Well that's one thing we can agree on.  I don't want a 170ish lb Pettersson playing in the NHL either.  Definitely no rush and I wouldn't be upset if he wasn't in the NHL next year.

Dont need him to be a nugent hopkins

Archived