The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alberta to Stop BC Wine Imports

DonLever

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Canada's economy is actually booming, to the point where the bank of Canada is worried about inflation... so...... 

Chinese buying houses. We could have been a world economic powerhouse. Wait till Nafta is done without energy as leverage. Bye bye auto pact.

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Chinese buying houses. We could have been a world economic powerhouse. Wait till Nafta is done without energy as leverage. Bye bye auto pact.

no. not "Chinese" buying houses :picard: 

I thought you liked Trump? Aren't you happy about NAFTA possibly ending?

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

there you go with "off Alberta" again. Do I really need to explain equalization to you one more time? I guess I do. 

Most of the money for equalization comes from Federal income tax, you know, everyone's salaries in Canada, all of it in one lump, not just AB. Individual AB citizens do not pay more into equalization, they pay the same as every other taxpaying Canadian. Some more equalization money comes from resource revenues. Every other province is hit with a calculation that uses 100% of their resource revenue, but Harper dropped AB's to 50%. Nice to have a PM eh? 

AB is blessed with being awash in oil revenues and a concentration of high paying jobs, and you make it sound like the rest of the country should somehow be grateful? what planet are from? 

No Albertan does more than any other Canadian with the same wage. 

So has does Alberta benefit when we are constantly a have province? We don't we don't get any of that money.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no. not "Chinese" buying houses :picard: 

I thought you liked Trump? Aren't you happy about NAFTA possibly ending?

Trump is a genius compared to our leaders. Canada had a favorable NAFTA deal because the US needed our oil. Now they don't. There's no reason for bad things not to happen.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

So has does Alberta benefit when we are constantly a have province? We don't we don't get any of that money.

you don't need it. Thats the whole point of equalization. Do you begrudge Saskatchewan for taking it for years? 

And you do get "that money" back in the form of out of province employees. In your world that doesn't matter, but if AB didn't have free access to other peoples tradesmen and engineers you'd have a real problem on your hands. 

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You sure were when you were accepting equalization payments off Alberta.

Well really it wasnt a huge amount as BC has only collected $3B since 1957. Alberta is the lowest by far but even they had equalization inflows from 1957-1963 to the tune of $92M or so. BC is actually the second lowest (by an even greater difference than BC-AB) when it comes to receiving equalization monies being $5B less than the 3rd lowest Saskatchewan.

Basically its Manitoba, Ontario, QC and the Maritime provinces taking all of our money ;P  But they also have the vast majority of the population of Canada. 

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Well really it wasnt a huge amount as BC has only collected $3B since 1957. Alberta is the lowest by far but even they had equalization inflows from 1957-1963 to the tune of $92M or so. BC is actually the second lowest (by an even greater difference than BC-AB) when it comes to receiving equalization monies being $5B less than the 3rd lowest Saskatchewan.

Basically its Manitoba, Ontario, QC and the Maritime provinces taking all of our money ;P  But they also have the vast majority of the population of Canada. 

AB does still get billions in health transfer payments, more per capita actually than Ontario does. 

5 hours ago, chon derry said:

and your just a barrel of laughs there money bags, the real funny part about you is your 23% POST/REP RATIO which suggests that people don't really like what you have to say. looking into your profile the lack of respect and maturity towards other posters explains the  low point total,    btw most wealthy people don't brag about it on any platform. that, along with everything else you've said isn't to impressive. 

Ohh know my post rep ratio isnt hi what will i do what did we do before it happened.does this effect my credit score or how much time i have to wait in line at the store how can i be more shallow like you?

12 hours ago, Violator said:

Ohh know my post rep ratio isnt hi what will i do what did we do before it happened.does this effect my credit score or how much time i have to wait in line at the store how can i be more shallow like you?

I wouldn't about know credit scores anymore ,my 1st mortgage was approved when you were about 3 years old. and don't need to borrow anymore.   09/20/1985

Looks like the Alberta WHINE  protest has officially failed.

BC wine sales are probably higher now than before Alberta's  protest........ with the Americans supporting BC wines.

No one wants Alberta dirty tar sludge.  It is the most unprofitable oil there is. Its such a shame Alberta wasted all the petro tax dollars and nothing to show from all those years of oll taxes...    Such mismanagment. No wonder Alberta finally elected a finanicially reponsible government  - NDP 

Seattle columnist urges Americans to side with B.C. in wine war with Alberta

https://globalnews.ca/news/4022060/seattle-columnist-urges-americans-to-side-with-b-c-in-wine-war-with-alberta/

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Looks like the Alberta WHINE  protest has officially failed.

BC wine sales are probably higher now than before Alberta's  protest........ with the Americans supporting BC wines.

No one wants Alberta dirty tar sludge.  It is the most unprofitable oil there is. Its such a shame Alberta wasted all the petro tax dollars and nothing to show from all those years of oll taxes...    Such mismanagment. No wonder Alberta finally elected a finanicially reponsible government  - NDP 

Seattle columnist urges Americans to side with B.C. in wine war with Alberta

https://globalnews.ca/news/4022060/seattle-columnist-urges-americans-to-side-with-b-c-in-wine-war-with-alberta/

Nicest highways in Canada, highest paid doctors, highest paid teachers, no pst, no msp, should I continue?

Ndp-financially responsible:lol::lol:

Didn't B.C become a have not province after two terms of the ndp?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nicest highways in Canada, highest paid doctors, highest paid teachers, no pst, no msp, should I continue?

Ndp-financially responsible:lol::lol:

Didn't B.C become a have not province after two terms of the ndp?

Alberta has been the most mismanaged province in Canada for the last 30 years...

Norway's sovereign wealth holds lessons for Canada

Established in 1990, Norway's heritage fund is now worth $1 trillion

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta has been the most mismanaged province in Canada for the last 30 years...

Norway's sovereign wealth holds lessons for Canada

Established in 1990, Norway's heritage fund is now worth $1 trillion

Totally disagree. We aren't taxed to death like Norway, B.C, Ontario, etc. Doctors and teachers actually care because they're being rewarded generously for their superb skills. Highways are the best here and we probably have more highways than anyother province, oh and we funded Quebecs universal day care program.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Totally disagree. We aren't taxed to death like Norway, B.C, Ontario, etc. Doctors and teachers actually care because they're being rewarded generously for their superb skills. Highways are the best here and we probably have more highways than anyother province, oh and we funded Quebecs universal day care program.

Quebec says thanks   ...  or  merci......

Interesting time, this whole "trade war".

Was reading that the BC gov could stop all construction as it poses a barrier in their ability to resolve First Nation land claims. Would end up in the supreme court system for years, yes, but something that could totally blow up in JT's face with the whole truth and reconcilliation movement and leave him entirely at odds with both his Corporate donors and the entire FN population. 

JT doesn't want to deal with that. 

It's a $&!#storm and for the next four years minimum, BC won't be backing down. Never know, we could even enact a law considering any pipeline building, eco-terrorism. How awkward would that be?

Provincial RCMP set out to arrest the Federally appointed, corporate RCMP for conspiracy to commit eco-terrorism! 

Total $&!#storm. Way to go Alberta

Archived