The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alberta to Stop BC Wine Imports

DonLever

2 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Well... You need to do something to pass the time.

In all seriousness, from what I've seen of Alberta I quite like it, although I haven't been lucky enough to venture to the Oil Sands or Edmonton yet.

The stats show that boredom is overwhelmingly the leading cause of death in Alberta. 

On 2018-02-12 at 9:32 PM, Ryan Strome said:

Totally disagree. We aren't taxed to death like Norway, B.C, Ontario, etc. Doctors and teachers actually care because they're being rewarded generously for their superb skills. Highways are the best here and we probably have more highways than anyother province, oh and we funded Quebecs universal day care program.

I would have really appreciated if you hadda helped me out the last four years.:P

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Well first, take that product back for a refund, yuck ( just teasing...kinda:P)

Also, I believe Peller is a national company.

My criteria for picking wine......

Is it red?

Is it cheap?

::D 

Curious to how that works. Peller is national but Copper Moon is from Okanagan. One would think Copper Moon would be affected by this.

Nonetheless I wasn't affected :) 

Bragging about "nice highways" in Alberta is laughable. Of course the highways are nice. Except for the small section of the province hoverhanding the mountains, you have flat, desolate tundra to build whatever you want over. There's no excuse not to have excellent highways.

you'll like this @kingofsurrey

The Trans Mountain pipeline will never be built

PUBLISHED 22 HOURS AGOUPDATED FEBRUARY 20, 2018

Andrew Weaver, the most powerful Green Party politician in Canada, is a smart man. This week he tweeted out a prediction that strikes me as dead on. Despite the posturing of Justin Trudeau and Rachel Notley, he said, "it is virtually certain" that the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion will never be built.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/the-trans-mountain-pipeline-will-never-be-built/article38037368/

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you'll like this @kingofsurrey

The Trans Mountain pipeline will never be built

PUBLISHED 22 HOURS AGOUPDATED FEBRUARY 20, 2018

Andrew Weaver, the most powerful Green Party politician in Canada, is a smart man. This week he tweeted out a prediction that strikes me as dead on. Despite the posturing of Justin Trudeau and Rachel Notley, he said, "it is virtually certain" that the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion will never be built.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/the-trans-mountain-pipeline-will-never-be-built/article38037368/

"Never"?  Maybe someone so smart should be more careful with their language?  

On 2018-02-19 at 11:01 PM, The Vancouver Connection said:

Alberta is worst place on earth. 

nah, its OK. The problem is they've been led by an industry that has had easy money for decades and they've spent like drunken sailors, even under so-called PCs. 

Just now, Alflives said:

"Never"?  Maybe someone so smart should be more careful with their language?  

when you start adding up all the potential legal, and illegal, barriers I think its a safe bet. When Jason Kenney gets crowned in the next AB election the poop storm will be epic. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

when you start adding up all the potential legal, and illegal, barriers I think its a safe bet. When Jason Kenney gets crowned in the next AB election the poop storm will be epic. 

"never" is a very long time to commit to, don't you think?  The Canucks will never win the Cup.  Okay, I guess sometimes that word applies.  :bigblush:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

"never" is a very long time to commit to, don't you think?  The Canucks will never win the Cup.  Okay, I guess sometimes that word applies.  :bigblush:

fair enough. I was thinking just in terms of this company and that specific project but sure maybe someday dil bit will be killing salmon somewhere off our coast.....

Hey if there was an R&D project that showed putting in some additive e.g, makes the junk float for long enough to be cleaned up then sure, pipe it through. But as it stands today it is at a high risk of sinking, and thats death to things like our prawn and ground fish like cod and halibut industries. 

Thats the fundamental unfairness of this thing, BC takes all the risk, AB gets paid. 

Court challenge launched by B.C. Wine Institute against Alberta wine ban

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/court-challenge-launched-by-b-c-wine-institute-against-alberta-wine-ban-1.3813217

"KELOWNA, B.C. -- British Columbia's wine merchants say an Alberta ban on their product is having a crushing impact on the grape business and they plan to go to court to try to stop it.

The B.C. Wine Institute says it has told the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission that it will seek a court injunction in Calgary as early as Monday to halt the two-week-old ban pending a legal review of its constitutionality."

Go get'em BCWI

Archived