The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours] Vanek

aGENT

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's the Hutton rumor I find more interesting than Vanek.  I'm really curious what kind of return JB could get for Hutton, or is there a potential package deal?

A package sounds good to me. Maybe we can get a better player for the 2 of them.  Does Boston have any guys seeking big raises this summer??

Maybe we can package for that asset if they got the depth to replace it .

Not against resigning Vanek in the off season as long as he is traded for something before the TDL. Regarding the Hutton rumor with BOS do it get a 2 or 3 round pick, and then trade Edler to Tampa convince him to waive and grab a young D, then trade Eriksson and a prospect to Arizona for Max Domi. Okay getting a little carried away lol.

For those excited with trading and re-signing Vanek in the summer, they should read the fine prints. 

I can pretty much guarantee that it will be along the line of : I was a bargain last year, I proved I can still play, you even traded me for assets at the end of the season...now pay me market value on a mid/long-term deal and I'll finish my career in Vancouver. 

My guess is he'll be looking for something in the 15M$/3yr range.

5 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

For those excited with trading and re-signing Vanek in the summer, they should read the fine prints. 

I can pretty much guarantee that it will be along the line of : I was a bargain last year, I proved I can still play, you even traded me for assets at the end of the season...now pay me market value on a mid/long-term deal and I'll finish my career in Vancouver. 

Depends on what other teams are offering.

By all means we could certainly end up paying more than we did this year but if he wants anything like $5x3, we just don't sign him. It's that simple.

38 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Not against resigning Vanek in the off season as long as he is traded for something before the TDL. Regarding the Hutton rumor with BOS do it get a 2 or 3 round pick, and then trade Edler to Tampa convince him to waive and grab a young D, then trade Eriksson and a prospect to Arizona for Max Domi. Okay getting a little carried away lol.

Lol. Yup. Sounded doeable till the Eriksson bit. 

5 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

15 over 3 might be a bit rich

he'll have to have some other serious suitor to drive the price that high

but i can see 12 over 3 years .. 4 million per year

but that would require the sedins to not return or there is too much veteran redundancy

12 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

but that would require the sedins to not return or there is too much veteran redundancy

I wouldn't give Vanek more than a two year max deal. 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

then it is more likely the annual payment would be higher

he brings enough that i think 3 years is reasonable

he seems to have really good chemistry with brock

some of his passes to brock during he harsh injury period

had some of the same aura as the sedin telepathy

20 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

Vanek's probably looking at something like the Gagner deal +/- as his 'best case'.

Then again, he might also be just fine signing 1 year deals and see if the Canucks turn the corner and if not, get moved to a contender for a cup run every year. He's made plenty of money, perhaps that's not his main thrust these days.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Vanek's probably looking at something like the Gagner deal +/- as his 'best case'.

Then again, he might also be just fine signing 1 year deals and see if the Canucks turn the corner and if not, get moved to a contender for a cup run every year. He's made plenty of money, perhaps that's not his main thrust these days.

i heard an interview with him

in which he stated that due to his late signing with the canucks his family had to stay in minny for school reasons

he has moved a lot in the last number of years

i think he wants to play in one locale now for multiple years

that is likely his top priority

to be with his family during the end years of his career

25 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

then it is more likely the annual payment would be higher

he brings enough that i think 3 years is reasonable

he seems to have really good chemistry with brock

some of his passes to brock during he harsh injury period

had some of the same aura as the sedin telepathy

Vanek and Brock definitely have some chemistry. Was it not Vanek that got bought out of a contract? Pretty sure it was. To me that's kind of a red flag for a three year deal. And dont get me wrong. Vanek has been one of the reasons to watch this year. 

44 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

com.dsi_.gofish.jpg.png

38 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i heard an interview with him

in which he stated that due to his late signing with the canucks his family had to stay in minny for school reasons

he has moved a lot in the last number of years

i think he wants to play in one locale now for multiple years

that is likely his top priority

to be with his family during the end years of his career

He could 'stay' here on 1 year deals. Might have to go away for a few months on a playoff run but he'd still be 'here' 3/4 of the year.

Archived