The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 Winter Olympic Games Thread

CBH1926

Which country will win most medals  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Well either way, women's Canadian curling has been dominant for almost 2 decades so we should be in good hands

Exactly. There are three Canadian Women's teams that I would consider favorites for Gold, Homan, Jones and Chelsea Carey. I would also be okay with Kerri Einarson, or Val Sweeting's chances.

Same goes for the men. Koe, Jacobs, McEwen, Gushue....

11 hours ago, KyoNami said:

Canada qualifies all four men through into the Slopestyle finals, tomorrow at 5 PM PST

Keep an eye out for Max Parrot and Mark McMorris, both look absolutely dominant! 

I watched both heats yesterday. The balance of talent between the two was ridiculously unbalanced. (Although it probably helped the lone Canadian in heat A qualify for the final)

I also disagreed with the judges placing Parrot ahead of McMorris on the second run, but it doesn't really matter.

4 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

They definitely looked good but I would put my money on Kleveland

From what I saw yesterday, I could see any of the three take gold. Gerrard has a shot as well. Sports Illustrated picked him for Gold. (Imagine SI picking an American.:rolleyes:)

15 hours ago, KyoNami said:

Canada qualifies all four men through into the Slopestyle finals, tomorrow at 5 PM PST

Keep an eye out for Max Parrot and Mark McMorris, both look absolutely dominant! 

watched the cbc documentary on McMorris big injury last year. So glad he made a great come back. Hope he gets back on the podium. 

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

7-2 win for Canada in mixed doubles Curling (over the Swiss).  Important win between two 3-1 teams.

Been listening to FOX sports talk late night/ early morning shows.  They are loving the curling!  These are guys who rarely talk anything other than football, or basketball.  It’s really great they are giving curling lots of time.  

31 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I remember Oprah giving a pair to everyone in her audience. The reaction was about the same as when she gave everyone a car...

I’m a very proud Canadian.  I’m proud of the RCMP, and their world-wide respect.  I’m proud our hockey teams are the best.  I’m proud of how respected our PM is in foreign lands, and I’m EXTREMELY proud of our little red mittens.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Been listening to FOX sports talk late night/ early morning shows.  They are loving the curling!  These are guys who rarely talk anything other than football, or basketball.  It’s really great they are giving curling lots of time.  

Lets be honest, Alf. We could sit and watch Kaitlin Lawes all day....

Archived