• USA
    • Canada
    • Norway
    • Germany
    • Other

Wonder if we’ll see any positive meldonium tests

3 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Wonder if we’ll see any positive meldonium tests

They wouldn't rob the whole team of their medals because of one player, would they? Surely, only that player would lose their medal.

Kirill Kaprizov is very fast and only 20 his speed really showed from what I saw, I see the Wild own his rights could be an interesting player in the future.

at least Germany didnt break the 14 Gold record.

Great final.  Too bad our best weren't there.  NHL needs to get back in Beijing. 

Team Korea Curling won Silver.  Team Kim. lol

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/en/curling/results-women-fnl-000101-.htm

Line-up
Starter Players Name   Position    
3040807.jpg

4 (Skip)    
3040808.jpg

3 (Vice)       2    
3040810.jpg

3040811.jpg

A   Coach  
3031437.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

Gutted right now. In a way that was worse than losing 10-1.

Amazing heart and effort from Germans.  Sucks to lose like that, but that's why you play the game 60'+.  Anything can happen.  

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Amazing heart and effort from Germans.  Sucks to lose like that, but that's why you play the game 60'+.  Anything can happen.  

Yeah. 2 brain farts at the end of the first and third cost us.

Wow. Danny aus den Birken included in the All Star Team. Well deserved. So friggin proud. Played a hell of a tournament.

Norway will likely join Germany with 14 gold at the conclusion of the Women 30km mass start cross country skiing. They both match Canada's record from 2010

27 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Norway will likely join Germany with 14 gold at the conclusion of the Women 30km mass start cross country skiing. They both match Canada's record from 2010

Good thing it is not broken.  There are more events this time than last, if I'm not mistaken. 

36 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Good thing it is not broken.  There are more events this time than last, if I'm not mistaken. 

And even if it is broken, we'll still retain the record of most gold by the host country. That's safe until Norway/Germany/US host again.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

And even if it is broken, we'll still retain the record of most gold by the host country. That's safe until Norway/Germany/US host again.

Yes, which is nice.

According to CBC, there were 16 more medal events in Pyeongchang than in Vancouver.

Pavel Datsyuk on winning Olympic Gold: "I have accomplished my dream. Now I have no dream."

He also became the 28th player and the 7th Russian to join the Triple Gold Club. 

Datsyuk won the Stanley Cup in 2002 and 2008, the World Championships in 2012 and 2018 Olympic Gold.

Team Germany players lined up after the on ice celebrations to get their pictures taken with Ilya Kovalchuk and Pavel Datsyuk.

QPQ4JGC.jpg

@Lateralus91: I know this stings right now, especially because you were so close, (As a Canuck and Bills fan, I can definitely sympathize) but this was an absolutely huge accomplishment for German hockey. Congrats.

BTW: I saw this article by Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star regarding the three Canadians arrested in Pyongchang. I agree with it completely.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/winter-olympics/bruce-arthur-one-idiot-stunt-shouldn’t-ruin-the-olympics-for-canada/ar-BBJwW6F?li=AAggFp5

Arthur also wrote an excellent article about Jocelyne Larocque taking off her Silver medal:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/olympics/opinion/2018/02/23/jocelyne-larocques-olympic-medal-move-required-no-apology.html

If Stephen Brunt wasn't around, this guy might just be my favorite sports columnist.

• Hydration 1

13 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

They wouldn't rob the whole team of their medals because of one player, would they? Surely, only that player would lose their medal.

My guess would be just the specific player, but imagine if it was Gusev. Would be interesting to see what they do.