The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks shopping G Anders Nilsson (Friedman)

Rush17

Kevin Woodley tsn1040s goalie guru just was on.  We should share that interview link when it pops up.  It sounds like Vancouver and Green in particular are not happy with how Nilsson approaches team practices.  

He said something along the lines the team has been trying to just get rid of him. They essentially do not his mentality and want to move him out.

The interview when uploaded will do a far better job explaining it.  I am multitasking at the moment didn't retain it all.  Sounds like Green wants him gone.  We got Bachman who can fill in if Demko needs more time.

4 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

1040 saying Green and Nillson aren't on the same page about level of focus at practice

Ya. You heard it too eh? Sounds like Woodley is pretty confident they just want him gone.  It seems now the season is lost Green wants to find out who can have the mindset Green wants.  He's going to be very vocal in who needs to go.  Nilsson appears to be victim number 1. Hutton and Pouliot both apparently lacking that intensity and focus in practice too.

57 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, I kind of agree that Nilsson hasn't been as good as some were expecting, but what does Benning think he'll get in a trade? Recover the 4th? Does that mean Demko gets called up?

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

a spot for Demko 

44 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

So who would the backup be ? 

I'd imagine that we'd have a 'lesser' backup coming back from whichever team we trade with (they'd need to clear a roster spot and shedding the salary wouldn't hurt either). Demko may see some games under that framework but it's no guarantee. 

We could also end up signing/trading for another/different backup in a separate deal.

Package deal islanders 

Vanek, Guddy, Hutton?

collect a 1 rst an a second pick also grab a D prospect and a filler goalie from islander farm or prospect system who can play now in Utica?

i would be delighted to grab two picks an another aha goalie +++

It would be good for both teams

Green is a tough coach who expects full effort. Everyone knew this of him before he signed here. I love this, he's holding players accountable. Maybe Nilsson is part of a package? (Vanek/Hutton/Gudbranson and Nilsson to ?) Not really sure which teams need a backup. 

Nilsson has been frustrating to watch all season.

Huge, solid stance, good positioning, nice edge work. He's even played a small handful of great games.

He just doesn't have that X-factor required to be a standout professional athlete, and your starter needs to be a standout. 
Markstrom is closer, but not close enough.

This news about Green not liking Anders' approach to practice speaks volumes. 

The guy just doesn't get it, and will likely never be a starting netminder as a result.

14 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

The dressing room saga continues.  not good.

I don't know if I'd call lazy practice habits a 'goalie controversy'.... but it isn't  good. Its too bad the story has come out now but there were other teams interested in him as a backup in the offseason so maybe there's a shot at moving him. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Islanders looking for a goalie.  Quality middle 6 player and a top 4 defenceman

They hold 2 firsts and 2 seconds.

Both 1sts could potentially be lottery picks.

Cough cough package deal cough cough

Perfect -- Nilsson, Vanek, and Hutton on the way, and we'll even take cap dumpage back (okay, not Ladd unless we get more back).  Whatever it takes, give us a 1st please.  How 'bout a Goldy, too?

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Perfect -- Nilsson, Vanek, and Hutton on the way, and we'll even take cap dumpage back (okay, not Ladd unless we get more back).  Whatever it takes, give us a 1st please.  How 'bout a Goldy, too?

I wonder how/if they can specify that they want Calgary's first that came in the Hamonic deal.  Wouldnt that be amazing...i cheer for the flames to lose, now there would be added incentive.  Imagine getting a lotto pick with that first - as the result of Calgary missing the playoffs - and we draft the better Tkachuk with that draft pick that originated with the flames. LOL!

4 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Well I think there is some divide in the dressing room.  

same as last year

based on the backup not working hard in practice? i think thats a stretch to call that a locker room issue. 

17 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

If bennings gone so is virtanen

Trev already showed his hand there.  Jim will be back. They just don't want to make his extension a talking point. They are focused on the deadline.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

:unsure: wow that bites. Nice for 1040 to make that public. 

Yeah.. lol. Way to drop his value.  Us sharing that here probably doesn't help.  But apparently it's a commonly known fact according to Woodley.

The other teams know we want to peddle him.

3 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I wonder how/if they can specify that they want Calgary's first that came in the Hamonic deal.  Wouldnt that be amazing...i cheer for the flames to lose, now there would be added incentive.  Imagine getting a lotto pick with that first - as the result of Calgary missing the playoffs - and we draft the better Tkachuk with that draft pick that originated with the flames. LOL!

Then we just need to send MDZ or some other help to Chicago to ensure the Flames miss the playoffs.  Ah, the intrigue...

B)

Archived