The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brendan Smith, Marcus Kruger, Josh Jooris

Vancouver needs to sign Brendan Smith asap. Although I have no idea what is wrong with him considering he's been waived after signing a 4 year 17 mil contract . He always been a positive possesson and plus player. His corsi for has always been good too even this year. Easy decision imo, then you can trade edler or Hutton. 

19 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Very surprised to see Smith getting waived. Kruger too to an extent.

Kruger is over 3M for 6 points so far this season (and a minus player). Doesn't surprise me that he would be in the first on the chopping block. 

Smith is a shocker for me though. What a sudden pivot on the team perception of him. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Kruger maybe depending on how long Gagner is out?

3.08M for another season.  How many players who can't produce should a team have on their roster.

He has a modified NTC - 7 teams where he can't get traded to.

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

Nobody is going to claim Smith with three more years at $4.35M per year. The Rangers are doing this so they can trade him with retained salary after he clears waivers.

Exactly this. That contract is going to make it hard to move him considering that he has been struggling this year.

At $3 million or less I would have taken a gamble on him but not a chance I want the Canucks to be stuck with that contract till 2021.

Archived