The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Who will be the CANUCKS FIRST TRADE BEFORE DEADLINE

Fanaholic

Well everyone, I had a several in mind until the game against Carolina.   I believe the first person out of here will be MARKSTROM.   Not once, but twice he has chastised the players in public.   First one was just before the Carolina game and I can't honestly remember but he had played well and we lost and he point blank blamed the team in front of him.   I don't see the Players taking a strip out of him when he lets in a softie and he has done that more than once.

THE LAST STRAW was against Carolina.   Like hello Marky, you and players on this team don't belong in the NHL, we are not good enough.   TRY being a STH, going to games and cheering and not booing at you when you "do stupid" in the net.  

THIS creates more than havoc on the ice.   I just can't imagine the dressing room now. . .   So long, farewell, your days as a CANUCK are over!

WELL EVERYONE, I watched that game yesterday and am glad it went the way it did. . .     It reminded me of the LA Kings game in Vancouver not so long ago. . .    OTHERWISE, the Vancouver Media would have had a field day with it.  I just think all things should be said in the locker room and not in public.  That basically was my point here.

only markstrom is correct  bunch of bennings core players arent worth their cap eriksson, sutter dont really get job done  plus defense has no offense guddy edler tanev  offense is non existant   plus young d have sero offense as well        sedins should  have been traded after 2012 or not resigned  their time is up.

Markstrom is doing all he can with what he has to work with. I'm not saying the coaches were wrong to start Markstrom more, but I believe we would have been more successful had we rotated our goalies more frequently. Nilsson is noticeably slower these days when compared to him earlier this season thanks to less starts. Also it's hard to blame the goaltending when our GF have been 1-2-1-2 in our last 4 games.

I'd say Gudbranson is getting shipped out of here first if there is still some solid demand for the dude. I think it would financially beneficial for Guddy to go to FA. A guy like him needs to chase the money and sign a big deal with an American team because his durability is not good enough in my books to offer a long extension in a Canadian market.

mini TDL propo:

Guddy

for

Tampa Bay 1st

Conditional 3rd pick (turns to 2nd if Guddy is re-signed/TB wins Cup)

1 hour ago, Fanaholic said:

Well everyone, I had a several in mind until the game against Carolina.   I believe the first person out of here will be MARKSTROM.   Not once, but twice he has chastised the players in public.   First one was just before the Carolina game and I can't honestly remember but he had played well and we lost and he point blank blamed the team in front of him.   I don't see the Players taking a strip out of him when he lets in a softie and he has done that more than once.

THE LAST STRAW was against Carolina.   Like hello Marky, you and players on this team don't belong in the NHL, we are not good enough.   TRY being a STH, going to games and cheering and not booing at you when you "do stupid" in the net.  

THIS creates more than havoc on the ice.   I just can't imagine the dressing room now. . .   So long, farewell, your days as a CANUCK are over!

LOL OK....

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

vanek for a 5th round pick and gudbranson for a 3rd round pick. goldobin for a 4th round pick. gagner for an 8th round pick. nilsson for a 9th round pick. if we want a 1st round pick we'll have to trade bo.

Well, considering the fact that there is no such thing as an 8th or 9th round pick anymore...

Who's likely to go?  Vanek.  And that should be about it.  

Who should go? Vanek, Guddy, Sutter, Sedins, Granlund, Gagne, Edler, Tanev, Bear, and L.E..   ....of course three  of those trades are next to impossible, maybe four with Gagne unless a team is really desparate.  So sit back and enjoy a very likely quiet TDL for Vancouver.  Of course Benning will get roasted by some for not moving the NTC/NMC  regardless 

Vanek for a 2nd?

2 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

Markstrom is doing all he can with what he has to work with. I'm not saying the coaches were wrong to start Markstrom more, but I believe we would have been more successful had we rotated our goalies more frequently. Nilsson is noticeably slower these days when compared to him earlier this season thanks to less starts. Also it's hard to blame the goaltending when our GF have been 1-2-1-2 in our last 4 games.

I'd say Gudbranson is getting shipped out of here first if there is still some solid demand for the dude. I think it would financially beneficial for Guddy to go to FA. A guy like him needs to chase the money and sign a big deal with an American team because his durability is not good enough in my books to offer a long extension in a Canadian market.

mini TDL propo:

Guddy

for

Tampa Bay 1st

I enjoyed your post but lost you a bit with the comments about the Canadian market?  EDM and CAL pay less taxes than any other team not in FLD, and the other Canadian NHLrrs retain more money than most of their brethren south of the border too.  It's a common misconception that these guys pay more in taxes up here, depending on the the size of contracts matter but for the most part they don't pay us much. 

Now that I've blabbered on about that maybe you can let me know if that's what you were referring too, or maybe it's something else?

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I enjoyed your post but lost you a bit with the comments about the Canadian market?  EDM and CAL pay less taxes than any other team not in FLD, and the other Canadian NHLrrs retain more money than most of their brethren south of the border too.  It's a common misconception that these guys pay more in taxes up here, depending on the the size of contracts matter but for the most part they don't pay us much. 

Now that I've blabbered on about that maybe you can let me know if that's what you were referring too, or maybe it's something else?

Oh no that wasn't what I was referring to. I just meant that with regards to him being "eaten alive" if/once he's locked up long term because of the pressure that comes with playing in Canada.

23 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Oh no that wasn't what I was referring to. I just meant that with regards to him being "eaten alive" if/once he's locked up long term because of the pressure that comes with playing in Canada.

Ahh... for sure, reading an article of how different it is for Duchene here near Ottawa compared to COL, if he says or does anything the media picks it up and has an opinion on it.  Absolutely.

3 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

mini TDL propo:

Guddy

for

Tampa Bay 1st

Do you really think this? Markstrom isn’t an NHL-level goalie. If his comments are anything to go by, he himself knows it too. 

Archived