The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Who will be the CANUCKS FIRST TRADE BEFORE DEADLINE

Fanaholic

I personally wouldn't be opposed to trading either one of our goalies to make way for Demko eventually. To me, that position for us is being held for bigger and better things in the future and not something we currently excel, or even expect to excel at. This is all provided Demko lives up to expectations of course, but given our goalie development history in being more of a "seller of goalies" in the past 10 years (whether we wanted to sell or not), I'd say things are looking pretty good.

4 hours ago, smithers joe said:

vanek for a 5th round pick and gudbranson for a 3rd round pick. goldobin for a 4th round pick. gagner for an 8th round pick. nilsson for a 9th round pick. if we want a 1st round pick we'll have to trade bo.

Your crazy..lol..lol   4th rd pick for a 21 yr old Goldobin  full of talent...This will never happen..

Vanek for 3rd

Nilsson for 6th.... there not 9 rounds.... only 7

Gagner will not be traded....

I could see following players traded..

Vanek for 2 or 3rd depends on how many teams are after him

Hutton  = Possible

Gudbranson = possible

Goldobin maybe in a package deal to sweeten the return..

Biega maybe for depth for some team..

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

Do you really think this? Markstrom isn’t an NHL-level goalie. If his comments are anything to go by, he himself knows it too. 

Yeah absolutely! Markstrom is a full-time NHL backup at worst. He deserves to be in the NHL. Remember when we were in a playoff position? That was when we were rotating our goalies.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Move Vanek for a 3rd or 4th + 7th

Move Nilsson to Calgary for a 4th or 5th (to help injured Mike Smith)

If possible: *(one or other)*

Move Hutton for a scoring forward or RHD or pick. 

or

Move Tanev for a King's ransom

Keep Gudbranson - if deal can be made at reasonable rate.  

Move Archie with the twins.  

Power-up.  Push for closer playoff picture position.  If we lose which we likely will 99% odds against?  So what. Will give the team confidence they can contend next season if they play the right way and stay healthy.  We will have more talent depth with the new adds.  Keep Boucher up.  Looked good since call up.

Just cant keep:

Edler Gudbranson

Juolevi Tanev

Hutton Pouliot

Stecher Holm

As a top 8.  7 of those guys need consistent minutes.  1 defense has to go.  At draft move Granlund for a 2nd and 3rd round pick to a contender looking for scoring depth in their top 9. He's shown hes responsible in both ends and can score with talented wingers.  Perfect add for a contender.  (Move @ deadline if healthy before then).

Before you say Juolevi Tanev... Jim stated he wanted to keep Tanev to help Juolevi when he arrives. I'm basing that pairing on what Jim has said in the past.

Oh Oh and I forget.... Trade Goldobin for someone like Madison Bowey in WAS or a more reliable top 9 forward who can chip in offence. Ideally a younger Janick Hansen but one without the early on stoned hands syndrome lol.

9 hours ago, canuktravella said:

only markstrom is correct  bunch of bennings core players arent worth their cap eriksson, sutter dont really get job done  plus defense has no offense guddy edler tanev  offense is non existant   plus young d have sero offense as well        sedins should  have been traded after 2012 or not resigned  their time is up.

Eriksson has been deployed in a defensive role as has Sutter.  They are put up against the top lines of other teams.  Despite their lack of offense, they are -2 and +2 respectively, which is pretty solid given the opposition they face each night.  I don't expect much offense from Tanev or Gudbranson, they are the stay at home guys for this club.  I'd expect more from Edler, especially given the PP time.  Overall, though, we get good value from him most of the time.  He's filling a role (1D) that he isn't quite qualified for, but he's still a good player and hard to move given his contract.  As to the Sedin's, hind sight makes us look so smart, doesn't it?

I think we might get good value for Vanek if we don't want to sign him for a couple of years.  I wouldn't trade Tanev, his shutdown ability is too valuable.  I'd like to see Gagner or Baertschi moved as I'm not really keen on their play overall and I don't think it would hurt us to move some guys up the depth chart from Utica and beyond.

8 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

@Fanaholic I moved your thread to Proposals and Armchair GM’ing and tagged as Discussion. 

That's fine I had no idea where to put it anyways.   WELL, I watched that game and it reminded me so much of the game against LA Kings (at home) not so long ago.  I am really glad the game turned out this way and not some other way.   THE MEDIA in VANCOUVER would have had a field day.   I always just think that EVERYTHING should stay in the locker room . . .

Archived