The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Oilers CEO Nicholson hopes team adds top defenceman

Rush17

13 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I'd tried Tanev for their first this year increasing our lottery chances.

They traded their first last time to NYI for Reinhart and that picked turned out to be Barzal. I don't see why they wouldn't traded it this time around either since they like to trade top picks for prospects that are overrated. I wonder if we could give them Goldobin or Cassel for their first overall.

7 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

They traded their first last time to NYI for Reinhart and that picked turned out to be Barzal. I don't see why they wouldn't traded it this time around either since they like to trade top picks for prospects that are overrated. I wonder if we could give them Goldobin or Cassel for their first overall.

pretty sure a fter what happened with NYI and Reinhart, that they might be loathe to part with their 1st this year, especially this year. 

On 15/02/2018 at 10:01 AM, N4ZZY said:

pretty sure a fter what happened with NYI and Reinhart, that they might be loathe to part with their 1st this year, especially this year. 

Well, Lebrun says they should be able to get a first for Maroon so that should win them the cup soon 

Maroon is a guy u can win with.  Hard to play against and can pot a few goals.  I was surprised we were looking at him.

Apparently there is a lot of interest in Gudbranson back east. Some teams actually view him as the best available D on the market. Surprising as that seems.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Maroon is a guy u can win with.  Hard to play against and can pot a few goals.  I was surprised we were looking at him.

Apparently there is a lot of interest in Gudbranson back east. Some teams actually view him as the best available D on the market. Surprising as that seems.

I can see Benning signing him within the week

On 2/14/2018 at 12:22 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Say what? Market price for Tanev would be way more than just a 2nd. Never mind the market+ you’d expect for trading a D to Edmonton (at least based on their past transactions involving defensemen).

`I agree that market value should be higher but I like the idea of getting that pick. It should be a top 35. How about next years 2nd as well or a third this year. I would gladly take that. I don't think there is anyone in their system I'd want instead.

1 hour ago, 867-five-309 said:

`I agree that market value should be higher but I like the idea of getting that pick. It should be a top 35. How about next years 2nd as well or a third this year. I would gladly take that. I don't think there is anyone in their system I'd want instead.

your crazy... if your not satisfied with edmonton's prospect pool then you don't make a trade with them unless of course their 1rst rounder comes into play into 2018 then there's a talking point lol.

That said there's always good prospects out there. For Edmonton, I'd gladly take either of Yamamoto or Pulujarvi and to a lesser value Benson, I'm sure there are other prospects that our scouts would know about and have ranked pretty high as well.

Yet again there are better trade partners than Edmonton, while they could use a steady puck mover guy like Tanev (like any team could use) they'd be better suited to get a more offensive PP type of guy.

My guess is they make a pitch for Tyson Barrie in the off season or if they double down on Erik Karlson but I think it'd be hard to juggle McDavid + Draisaitl + Karlson contacts in a cap world

Archived