The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kings looking for mid-level scoring winger

The_Rocket

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1486274

Apparently the kings arent done in the trade market and are still shopping for a mid level scoring forward after trading for phaneuf. 

Full article here:

The Los Angeles Kings made a huge splash Tuesday by acquiring Dion Phaneuf to shore up the back end, but it appears they're also seeking help up front, as TSN's Pierre LeBrun reports that they're shopping for a mid-level scoring winger.

Luckily for general manager Rob Blake, there is no shortage of such players on the market. Evander Kane and Rick Nash are the two most notable names rumored to be on the move, but players like Michael GrabnerThomas Vanek, and Patrick Maroon could all be available as rentals.

The Kings are tied for 16th in goals per game, and after Anze KopitarDustin Brown, and Tyler Toffoli, their forward production seriously tails off. The type of addition they're seeking, plus the impending return of Jeff Carter from injured reserve, would make Los Angeles a scary springtime opponent.

The club currently sits one point out of a playoff spot, but a ticket to the dance appears to be all the Kings need. They won the Stanley Cup in 2012 as the Western Conference's 8-seed, then lifted the trophy again two years later as a sixth seed.

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If that’s all it took I personally would pack Sven bags and pay for his flight. 

I'd throw in a bit more but that'd be my starting offer. I am not a huge Baesrtchi fan but he is looking better and better each year.

if LA got Vanek I would put them in the contender status.  I might even end up cheering them on at some point. As strange as that sounds.

Thomas Vanek would be an ideal fit on their 3rd line.  He could scale up to the second when needed and really help LA out.  If he gets hot at any point in the post season that's going to be huge.  

i think LA should get Vanek and 1 more piece like a Pageau a younger bottom 6 kid who can pot in some goals.  If they could Target Pageau or a player coming off an elc or cheap contract who can get the odd goal is feel very confident in LA.

Phaneuf and Thompson are two quality adds who will add veteran leadership, poise, and character into their already well established locker room core.  Toss in Vanek and this team is looking super poised. I think they need 2 more bottom 6 adds one being Vanek who can help fill in for top 6 injuries of they occur.

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I’d assume he’d be pretty much untouchable as the Kings don’t really have a deep prospect pool upfront. 

They gotta be in a win now mode. Drew Doughty is leaving next year. They can also target Tavares July 1 or another big UFA centre.

Just now, peaches5 said:

They gotta be in a win now mode. Drew Doughty is leaving next year. They can also target Tavares July 1 or another big UFA centre.

Sure but I think they would give up picks long before the move out there top prospect. They is a ton of wingers available which means they don’t really have to overpay to get someone decent. 

Kings have a couple of prospect Cs (excluding Vilardi, as they won't trade him for what the Canucks offer).

Jonny Brodzinski and Jaret Anderson-Dolan. They seem more like bottom 6 Cs though. Canucks have plenty of those. 

What about Adrian Kempe? He's a LW who's had a real good 2nd NHL season, and he's only 21. Not sure LA would be willing to part with him though.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kings have a couple of prospect Cs (excluding Vilardi, as they won't trade him for what the Canucks offer).

Jonny Brodzinski and Jaret Anderson-Dolan. They seem more like bottom 6 Cs though. Canucks have plenty of those. 

What about Adrian Kempe? He's a LW who's had a real good 2nd NHL season, and he's only 21. Not sure LA would be willing to part with him though.

they're trying to get a winger why would they trade one of their better scoring wingers?

42 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I'd throw in a bit more but that'd be my starting offer. I am not a huge Baesrtchi fan but he is looking better and better each year.

Maybe slightly better each year? I've noticed him more on the defensive side of things this year. But i'm still waiting for him to put a respectable 20 goal 40 point season together. Until then, he just doesn't have a ton of value to me. 

20 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

they're trying to get a winger why would they trade one of their better scoring wingers?

Not the first ridiculous suggestion here lol , but I suppose I was guilty of looking at it from a "what do the Canucks need" perspective. No, I don't think LA even considers this deal, not for Vanek anyway.

Archived