The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] STL acquires Nikita Soshnikov from TOR for a 2019 4th round pick

Adarsh Sant

Just now, Darius71 said:

lol, its whining....constant...whining....lets make a deal, put me on ignore, and ill put you on ignore.  If I want whining ill listen to my 14 year old kid.....lol

Or just don't get triggered and cry about every single post of mine.

It's a hockey forum jesus lol

1 minute ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Or just don't get triggered and cry about every single post of mine.

It's a hockey forum jesus lol

come on man, whats triggered mean....i dont know the grade 11 lingo anymore...and i havent been replying to every post of yours, most of the time when i see your name i just scan the post, notice more whining, and move on...this time the whinging and whining was a little much....but I digress...you carry on and ill just ignore you.

Just now, Darius71 said:

come on man, whats triggered mean....i dont know the grade 11 lingo anymore...and i havent been replying to every post of yours, most of the time when i see your name i just scan the post, notice more whining, and move on...this time the whinging and whining was a little much....but I digress...you carry on and ill just ignore you.

Am I not allowed to say I'm dissatisfied with a basement team having only 6 picks and hoping they acquire more picks at the TDL?

Jesus grow up. It's embarrassing, how upset people get over other posters on the internet.

It's a hockey forum don't take things too seriously.

3 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Am I not allowed to say I'm dissatisfied with a basement team having only 6 picks and hoping they acquire more picks at the TDL?

Jesus grow up. It's embarrassing, how upset people get over other posters on the internet.

hey you can say whatever you want, just dont get so defensive when multiple people point out your whining. carry on...and the person that needs to grow up out of the two of us is the teen that needs to be gratified now wah wah why dont they have more than 6 picks already wah....

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

hey you can say whatever you want, just dont get so defensive when multiple people point out your whining. carry on...and the person that needs to grow up out of the two of us is the teen that needs to be gratified now wah wah why dont they have more than 6 picks already wah....

Just based on the way you post, it would be hard not to think you were the child.

Maybe take your own advice and don't rush to every one of my posts whining like the worlds going to end.

Embarrassing stuff.

Just now, R.Dahlin26 said:

Just based on the way you post, it would be hard not to think you were the child.

Maybe take your own advice and don't rush to every one of my posts whining like the worlds going to end.

Embarrassing stuff.

easy there junior, you arent that important - believe it or not - seriously go back to whining about how embarrassed you are.  Im out...you have already taken up 10 minutes too many of mine...

Just now, Darius71 said:

easy there junior, you arent that important - believe it or not - seriously go back to whining about how embarrassed you are.  Im out...you have already taken up 10 minutes too many of mine...

I seem important to you.

Creepy the obsession you have with me. Yes please stop wasting our time.

2 hours ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

You won't have to wait any longer for that. They have the right people in place now and all the building blocks in place that aren't even in their prime right now.

They're loaded with draft picks and assets to make a move to improve their team as well.

I would kill to be in their position right now and hopefully, we're in a couple years down the line.

They drafted top 10 or better 6 times from 2007 to 2017 while still guving up seguin and hamilton to Boston in the kessel trade.

If you dont have a decent prospect pool and skilled depth while only making the playoffs once in 10 years you are the oilers.

We are in year 2 since the playoffs.

Cannot even compare them

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

They drafted top 10 or better 6 times from 2007 to 2017 while still guving up seguin and hamilton to Boston in the kessel trade.

If you dont have a decent prospect pool and skilled depth while only making the playoffs once in 10 years you are the oilers.

We are in year 2 since the playoffs.

Cannot even compare them

Try reading. "They have the right people in place now". Ever since Shanahan was hired that organization has been on the upswing.

No more JFJ/Burke/Nonis. Now they have the correct and competent people in place and it's no wonder they are where they are. Excellent drafting and a set direction.

Why are you comparing them? No one is comparing them here. 

1 hour ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Who said people are getting upset. Just because people think that you're an idiot, doesn't mean they're upset about it. 

6 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Try reading. "They have the right people in place now". Ever since Shanahan was hired that organization has been on the upswing.

No more JFJ/Burke/Nonis. Now they have the correct and competent people in place and it's no wonder they are where they are. Excellent drafting and a set direction.

Why are you comparing them? No one is comparing them here. 

They're your benchmark though is the problem.

When you bring them in to the conversation and state you'd kill to be like them then start comparing amount of and number of picks it's your metrics we're going by.

Toronto drafting technically top 10 8 out of 10 years should ensure they have the skilled depth in that they can trade pieces 10 years on.  Regardless of who was or is in charge. As we're finishing year 2 of our rebuild we don't have the pieces to trade as of yet but are signing the kind of vets that we CAN trade for those returns you long for.

You keep wanting it now, but that's not how the foundations of greatness are built.  If you want to gain weight you can eat mcdonalds or you can cook a meal.  I'd rather wait for the meal myself

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

They're your benchmark though is the problem.

When you bring them in to the conversation and state you'd kill to be like them then start comparing amount of and number of picks it's your metrics we're going by.

Toronto drafting technically top 10 8 out of 10 years should ensure they have the skilled depth in that they can trade pieces 10 years on.  Regardless of who was or is in charge. As we're finishing year 2 of our rebuild we don't have the pieces to trade as of yet but are signing the kind of vets that we CAN trade for those returns you long for.

You keep wanting it now, but that's not how the foundations of greatness are built.  If you want to gain weight you can eat mcdonalds or you can cook a meal.  I'd rather wait for the meal myself

You do realize this a thread about a Toronto trade right? The convo is going to be centred around them. They're aquiring draft picks while being at the top of the standings and competing for the cup.

As a basement team, I would like to see us acquiring draft picks as well which is what all "rebuilding" teams do. Using those vets you speak of to do so.

Having only six picks right now is unacceptable imo, and hopefully, all this smoke about resining our UFA's is just smoke and they're traded for the best return possible.

39 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

You do realize this a thread about a Toronto trade right? The convo is going to be centred around them. They're aquiring draft picks while being at the top of the standings and competing for the cup.

As a basement team, I would like to see us acquiring draft picks as well which is what all "rebuilding" teams do. Using those vets you speak of to do so.

Having only six picks right now is unacceptable imo, and hopefully, all this smoke about resining our UFA's is just smoke and they're traded for the best return possible.

I do realize that.  But you HAD to make the comparison and as such are open to rebuttal for your statements.  They're acquiring draft picks via redundant pieces in their system after drafting and stockpiling depth for 10 long years.  Had we the same depth we'd probably be doing the same, but we don't, so we don't.

As a basement team we've still almost 2 weeks to move pieces.  Sadly with the market the way it is our most valuable pieces could be devalued by so many available players.  Those under contracts longer than july 1st could therefore be more valuable not traded than simply moved for the sake of moving.

Having only 6 picks right now in a 7 round draft is not the end of the world.  At all.  Trading away your first round picks to a divisional rival and watching them both be top 10 picks for a winger is.  Trading away depth without actually ever addressing the needs of the team on the blue line is.

When you made the comparison you opened yourself up man.  Not me or anyone else

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I do realize that.  But you HAD to make the comparison and as such are open to rebuttal for your statements.  They're acquiring draft picks via redundant pieces in their system after drafting and stockpiling depth for 10 long years.  Had we the same depth we'd probably be doing the same, but we don't, so we don't.

As a basement team we've still almost 2 weeks to move pieces.  Sadly with the market the way it is our most valuable pieces could be devalued by so many available players.  Those under contracts longer than july 1st could therefore be more valuable not traded than simply moved for the sake of moving.

Having only 6 picks right now in a 7 round draft is not the end of the world.  At all.  Trading away your first round picks to a divisional rival and watching them both be top 10 picks for a winger is.  Trading away depth without actually ever addressing the needs of the team on the blue line is.

When you made the comparison you opened yourself up man.  Not me or anyone else

False. They have been trading draft picks and spinning their tires in mediocrity until Shanahan came in and instilled his plan. Only until then have they actually intentionally rebuilt the team.

You said we have been rebuilding for 2 years now. In that span, we have acquired one single draft pick. 

That imo is unacceptable as a rebuilding team and hopefully, they stick to their word about this now being about drafting and development and focus on acquiring draft picks at the TDL as that is the time teams give away picks like their candy.

1 hour ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

False. They have been trading draft picks and spinning their tires in mediocrity until Shanahan came in and instilled his plan. Only until then have they actually intentionally rebuilt the team.

You said we have been rebuilding for 2 years now. In that span, we have acquired one single draft pick. 

That imo is unacceptable as a rebuilding team and hopefully, they stick to their word about this now being about drafting and development and focus on acquiring draft picks at the TDL as that is the time teams give away picks like their candy.

Your being a little simplistic in your quest for picks. You don't pull them out of thin air. You need tradeable assets. You need assets without trade clauses. You need trade partners. You can't totally gut your team of veterans. This isn't Xbox. 

3 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

Must admire Lou, he gets his stuff done early.  Benning should take note, this is how the NHL will likely be now otherwise we could be in the Vrbata/Hamhuis situation where scraps are thrown at us.  

Pretty sure Soshnikov has been in the press box/"injured" for what seems like forever. They probably wanted to move him earlier so they didn't have to waive him and potentially lose him for nothing. So in reality, Lou actually dragged this out as long as he could until he could find a trade partner in which he did. Toronto are not sellers but made a sellers move, so to suggest he is getting anything done early is not really correct IMO. I'm not sure why you're still concerned over what happened two trade deadlines ago and completely avoided what Benning did last trade deadline.

6 hours ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

You won't have to wait any longer for that. They have the right people in place now and all the building blocks in place that aren't even in their prime right now.

They're loaded with draft picks and assets to make a move to improve their team as well.

I would kill to be in their position right now and hopefully, we're in a couple years down the line.

You are comparing a team 2-3 years into a rebuild to a team that has been garbage for the better part of 10+ years. They missed the playoffs 10 times in the last 12 years. They were a dumpster fire a very long time. Not to mention the trade deadline hasn't passed yet. Why are all you kids crying about Benning not doing anything? You know he still has time right? Just relax a little. Let the process play out.

Archived