The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] OTT acquire Ville Pokka from CHI for Chris DiDomenico

Adarsh Sant

6 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Woah can't believe its been almost 6 years since Pokka was drafted. He had a lot of hype behind him on these boards a few years ago. 

Heh, yep, and now he's a part of trade where two teams are simply shuffling their depth deck chairs.

3 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

Every time Ottawa makes a trade I try and figure out how many real dollars it saves Eugene.

That's all I can think about, even when it's a trade this small. 

Or how many millions of dollars will Eugene still loses even though he might save 500k on this trade. 

OTT loses a lot of money, they didn't sell out 2nd round playoff  games last year. Its unreasonable to expect an owner to continue to lose millions out of his pocket and not shed some salary. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Or how many millions of dollars will Eugene still loses even though he might save 500k on this trade. 

OTT loses a lot of money, they didn't sell out 2nd round playoff  games last year. Its unreasonable to expect an owner to continue to lose millions out of his pocket and not shed some salary. 

Ottawa is a disaster in general, you won't get any argument out of me in that regard.

Everything from the top to the bottom has issues. And it's all amplified by how horrible their arena location is.

Pokka was never going to be part of the Blackhawks plans, which is unfortunate, because that's who they got in the Nick Leddy trade.  So they pretty much lost Leddy for nothing.

Not sure why Ottawa didn't grab Pokka in September when the Hawks waived him, so I guess it's good on the Hawks that they at least got something for him.

Archived