The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THIS IS THE DAY, Canucks get #7

TheGuardian_

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Not being argumentive, but is not sitting a player out due to inconsistent play sending that message? Would not showing a player that he could be replaced be motivational?

A number 4 this year might be a Tkachuk at the worst.

yeah, that's exactly what they're doing with Hutton.

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If we don't get Dahlin I'm fine with Bouchard or Dobson. Some good old Canadian kids.  Just need a partner for Juolevi long term.  Boquist looks pretty tantalizing too.

or Body Wilde, maybe drop down in the draft to get one of those? but not too far!! , I am not sold on Boqvist. I want a big tough N american kid

18 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Any drafted prospects in the Canuck development system are AHLer's aren't they?

Not necessarily.  Obviously their best prospects - Demko aside (and he's a very young goaltender) - are not in the AHL - Pettersson SweHL, Juolevi Finnish, Gaudette college, and a bunch of picks still in junior....

Their closest to NHL ready players in Utica are not former draft picks - they were acquired by other means - free agency, the trade market, etc.

I like Demko, Cassels, Brisebois  - but I'm not sure any of them are ready - that's why we have Trent Cull et al.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Not necessarily.  Obviously their best prospects - Demko aside (and he's a very young goaltender) - are not in the AHL - Pettersson SweHL, Juolevi Finnish, Gaudette college, and a bunch of picks still in junior....

Their closest to NHL ready players in Utica are not former draft picks - they were acquired by other means - free agency, the trade market, etc.

I like Demko, Cassels, Brisebois, McEneny - but I'm not sure any of them are ready - that's why we have Trent Cull et al.

True a number of the prospects are not yet being developed by the Canucks.

9 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

or Body Wilde, maybe drop down in the draft to get one of those? but not too far!! , I am not sold on Boqvist. I want a big tough N american kid

Brady Tkachuk looks pretty good. I can't stand his brother but this kid seems more down to earth. So many quality players in the top 7-8 of this draft.  Zadina is a guy I'm not 100% sold on. Can see us picking him up tho.  

11 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

A Canadian leader on the backend is key. Look at the past 12 cup runs. Can't think of a single team without at least 1 Canadian top pairing d man.  

Not sure what that means but it says something.

Just now, Rush17 said:

Brady Tkachuk looks pretty good. I can't stand his brother but this kid seems more down to earth. So many quality players in the top 7-8 of this draft.  Zadina is a guy I'm not 100% sold on. Can see us picking him up tho.  

I don't think we should draft any forwards until we have our defense re stocked.Forwards can be signed in free agency, traded for or drafted at a later date. Rarely do Norris trophy candidates become available anywhere but in the draft. Tkachuck is not good enough to pass on one of the Defensemen in this draft. Dahlin, Wilde Bouchard etc

9 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I don't think we should draft any forwards until we have our defense re stocked.Forwards can be signed in free agency, traded for or drafted at a later date. Rarely do Norris trophy candidates become available anywhere but in the draft. Tkachuck is not good enough to pass on one of the Defensemen in this draft. Dahlin, Wilde Bouchard etc

Oh believe me I am not advocating for signing anyone, but Dahlin will be #1, but the guaranteed #4 is for the team DFL is, or would be or could be Vancouver's luck in lotteries. Hence a guaranteed pick if DFL.

Right now, today, the difference between 4th and 7th pick is a mere 8 points and a tough schedule coming up

3 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Oh believe me I am not advocating for signing anyone, but Dahlin will be #1, but the guaranteed #4 is for the team DFL is, or would be or could be Vancouver's luck in lotteries. Hence a guaranteed pick if DFL.

Right now, today, the difference between 4th and 7th pick is a mere 8 points and a tough schedule coming up

Totally agree

Deadlast is very possible for us...

4gms left vs Arizona

2gms left vs Oilers

3 of our last 5 games of the season are against Arizona and Oilers.

I checked out our remaining games and we have alot of tough teams to play and many that will be fighting for wildcards.

The balls in our court!

#fallinfordahlin

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

For a chance to get one of Zadina, BT or Boqvist at 4th OA, JB better get his priorities straight by the TDL. 

I am sorry I don't agree with these picks

I would much rather see a big tough defensive pick first we already have enough softies on the back end to play their role.Bouchard or Wilde would be my picks but everyone has their opinion Big tough Canadian or N american d

1 minute ago, mikeyman109 said:

I am sorry I don't agree with these picks

I would much rather see a big tough defensive pick first we already have enough softies on the back end to play their role.Bouchard or Wilde would be my picks but everyone has their opinion Big tough Canadian or N american d

I’d draft those very players next and next and next. 

First, I take skill. Boqvist is compared to Karlsson, but better, they say, at the same age. He’s my first pick for a system devoid of offensive D. 

But then there’s BT, my ideal forward. And on a wimpy Canucks roster.

Also, Zadina with EP would be scary. 

Who would you take with the 4 OA, assuming the Russian and the big Swede are gone? The rest are not going in any order I can make out so you get to pick one that you like, I guess. I take Boqvist because he’s too good not to take a risk on. At worst, I see Letang, at best Karlsson. Or we get another J Subban too. Prospects, anyone’s guess. 

31 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Deadlast is very possible for us...

4gms left vs Arizona

2gms left vs Oilers

3 of our last 5 games of the season are against Arizona and Oilers.

I checked out our remaining games and we have alot of tough teams to play and many that will be fighting for wildcards.

The balls in our court!

#fallinfordahlin

Watch those teams tank lol. We will beat ARz 3 of the 4 games and do ok vs edm I bet ya lol

Doesn't matter if we drop. Fate. The universe or hockey gods decide our fate.  We ant promised Dahlin. All we can tank for is a min of a top 4 pick.

Got a feeling were gonna grab a Bouchard or Dobson at like 3 or 4 lol

Archived