The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THIS IS THE DAY, Canucks get #7

TheGuardian_

27 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

we surprised some teams at the beginning of the year with our improved speed and pressure game. I agree the injuries did not help but we weren't  going to pull  Vegas

And I totally agree the Forwards have to back check but I see a lot of age in some of our D , Tanev looks older than he is and Edler is done. Guddy is not top 4 and the rest are 5-8 in my opinion which everyone does not have to agree with., 

Yeah, totally agree...we weren't going to do a Vegas.....but the truth is and has been proven, we just don't have the depth on the big club yet..........

But! The depth is just around the corner.......and depending on who is drafted.............the inclusion of 1 or 2 above average players could make a huge difference......not the top of the league difference, but enough that it will be noticeable......

Imagine "IF" we were to get Dahlin.............just imagine not having to wait for a player to be good...........just imagine!

(I don't disagree with your points, but it is only one of 2 different endings........time will tell!.........I choose to hope! )

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yeah, totally agree...we weren't going to do a Vegas.....but the truth is and has been proven, we just don't have the depth on the big club yet..........

But! The depth is just around the corner.......and depending on who is drafted.............the inclusion of 1 or 2 above average players could make a huge difference......not the top of the league difference, but enough that it will be noticeable......

Imagine "IF" we were to get Dahlin.............just imagine not having to wait for a player to be good...........just imagine!

(I don't disagree with your points, but it is only one of 2 different endings........time will tell!.........I choose to hope! )

The depth is around the corner on the forward side. Where we lack the depth is on the D side and it isn't the 5-8 slots we are lacking depth.we have plenty of Defensemen in the organization we just dont have plenty of really good defensemen. Id love to see us get Dahlin as would every other fan of this team. I hope we get to pick first and it ends the arguments over who we should take. But if we dont then all hell is going to break loose here on CDC

1 minute ago, mikeyman109 said:

The depth is around the corner on the forward side. Where we lack the depth is on the D side and it isn't the 5-8 slots we are lacking depth.we have plenty of Defensemen in the organization we just dont have plenty of really good defensemen. Id love to see us get Dahlin as would every other fan of this team. I hope we get to pick first and it ends the arguments over who we should take. But if we dont then all hell is going to break loose here on CDC

We’re getting Dhalin, but if we don’t I’m liking the sounds of this 17 year old Borquist kid.  He might even grow into a better player than Dhalin.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We’re getting Dhalin, but if we don’t I’m liking the sounds of this 17 year old Borquist kid.  He might even grow into a better player than Dhalin.

Like i said in the prospects forum , something about this kid smells like Petr Nedved

Just now, Alflives said:

Considering we picked Nedved instead of Jagr, I’m guessing that’s a bad thing?

absolutely, we picked Nedved because he oozed potential, he was going to be the next Gretzky until he asked the great one for a signed stick. he was under sized but expected to out on some weight. but boy could he skate. couldn't do the same things at the NHL level. Never was the player we passed on or the player we expected him to be. Like i said I am partial to bigger D with skill but I guess we will see what happens.

Another day with big ramifications, all three bottom teams play, now even if the hockey gods diss on the Canucks they would be a single point from a guaranteed #4.

Interesting that the draft system may be discussed at the GM meetings and that there has been no official system yet posted by the NHL.

Odds on the tankathon have the worst team (I think we'll get there) have a 51% chance of picking fourth.  I'll take the odds and see us walking away from this draft with Bovquist, Hughes or Dobson.  Not quite, but there's always Hughes to hope for next year.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:40 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

You should listen to the TSN radio bit about teams tanking, sure enough I posted 2 years ago that Vancouver was becoming the laughing stock of the league. Well they are openly laughing now, especially about the statements from Linden/Benning about them thinking this team had a chance at the playoffs. Everyone knew except here.

Stopped reading.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Stopped reading.

Okay then listen to sportsnet or any other media outlet or personality or have you stopped listening altogether?

Bob Mackenzie, Ferraro, Paterson, McLennan, Shannon, Rintoul, Freidman, Button, MacIntyre, Spector, LeBrun, Dreger and both radio stations are all critical of the Canucks.

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Another day with big ramifications, all three bottom teams play, now even if the hockey gods diss on the Canucks they would be a single point from a guaranteed #4.

Interesting that the draft system may be discussed at the GM meetings and that there has been no official system yet posted by the NHL.

If we are guaranteed a top 4 then it’s time for the NHL to change the rules so we pick later.

With 11 games left, and 4 points behind Detroit and Ottawa, I don't see us passing them at all.  I think it is reasonably safe to assume that we will be in the bottom 3.  Coyotes are hot right now, and 2 points back with a game in hand, I think they are likely to pass us by the end of the year.  That leaves us and Buffalo for last place, we are 1 point up on them now.  I really don't see how we aren't going to be guaranteed a top 5 pick, likely to 4.  

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Okay then listen to sportsnet or any other media outlet or personality or have you stopped listening altogether?

Only time I listen is when going to or from work, which is at the same time every day for 15-30 minutes.  And depending on the level of stench from either, it is typically less than that.

Bob Mackenzie, Ferraro, Paterson, McLennan, Shannon, Rintoul, Freidman, Button, MacIntyre, Spector, LeBrun, Dreger and both radio stations are all critical of the Canucks.

Guess who else is critical of the Canucks?

Me.  And nearly every fan, even super-homer Apollo.

Those guests are the only ones who ARE worth listening to, but a lot of the time they don't have a clue what's going on with the team, being primarily eastern-based and often  basing too much of their information on "reports" from the local TMZ et al buffoons.  The issue is the so-called "local" media (most of whom are transplants from elsewhere and admittedly not Canuck fans) who whinge, complain, and badger the team to ramp up ratings, and when they run out of things to say they start outright making them up.  Oh no no, that's just "opinion" and "fair comment" when challenged, of course.

There is a reason I didn't call this a tank thread, I don't think they are tanking, I do think they are trying their best.

1 hour ago, Positive Canuck said:

sure its only a 20% chance but i feel ya bro

Yeah, I heard that last night too about the Nucks if DFL having a 20% chance, I think that was the odds before the expansion, maybe they revert.

24 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

There is a reason I didn't call this a tank thread, I don't think they are tanking, I do think they are trying their best.

Yeah, I heard that last night too about the Nucks if DFL having a 20% chance, I think that was the odds before the expansion, maybe they revert.

if you are last you still have the best odds of getting the pick. I will take that

Tried two different lottery simulators, most of the time Ottawa, Chicago and the Rangers come up, aggravating.

Like was commented between periods, send anyone other than Linden to the lottery.

It would be great to get the #1 but aim low and avoid disappointment, with Linden's luck just look at the #4 spot.

You know for sure if the Canucks lose out again and drop 3 spots they will change the lottery for the following year and the Canucks will finish like 3rd or 4th worst and the bottom team will win because they changed the system.

Then again it would be a public relations coup if Bettman changes the system for 2019 insuring the Canucks get the first pick, he would be cheered here then. I mean could you imagine the volume of the cheers if Bettman steps up to the mike and says, "Picking first is the Vancouver Canucks". Cream my jeans.

27 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You know for sure if the Canucks lose out again and drop 3 spots they will change the lottery for the following year and the Canucks will finish like 3rd or 4th worst and the bottom team will win because they changed the system.

Bingo

Archived