The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THIS IS THE DAY, Canucks get #7

TheGuardian_

I am playing the part of the puppet master and am going to twitch some strings.

The team is only 8 points from a guaranteed #4 draft pick and the team has 4 games vs the Yotes.

It is not tanking if the team trades some vets for whatever and plays some kids "to see what is in the system" or "how far along they are"

I truly didn't think it would be possible for DFL but now only 8 points.

So what's the "mood", move vets and go for it?

Did Linden/Benning not say they were building through the draft? Would it be a good move now?

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

It appears they don't need to construct anything for that to happen, its happening. lol

With the way the team is playing a tank is not necessary. We might be bottom of the league by the time the draft hits. Deadmonton has to throw a few more games than us so... who knows. I think we just keep playing the kids and let them see what the NHL is like. Play Holm ...at this point he cant be worse than Pouliot or Biega or well really any defense man. Just dont play anyone that has a heart beat because we really need to lose the games against the Coyotes

2 minutes ago, Boest-er said:

With all honesty I don't think we can out-tank Arizona or even Deadmonton, for that matter, for the guaranteed 4th overall. 

Notice that I am not hinting at the #1 as that is not guaranteed.

I agree with wiggins, I really didn't think there was a remote possibility in January that the Nucks could get as close as they are now let alone closer.

1 minute ago, mikeyman109 said:

With the way the team is playing a tank is not necessary. We might be bottom of the league by the time the draft hits. Deadmonton has to throw a few more games than us so... who knows. I think we just keep playing the kids and let them see what the NHL is like. Play Holm ...at this point he cant be worse than Pouliot or Biega or well really any defense man. Just dont play anyone that has a heart beat because we really need to lose the games against the Coyotes

It would not be a tank if the team follows what was said in the presser.

I would not be tanking if the team moved players that have been talked about all season, Tanev, Guddy, Vanek.

Well, the Rangers were 1 point out of the playoffs and told their fans they were going to be moving older fan favorites, so what is the difference if we do it?

Chicago has said pretty much the same thing..........

Both original 6 franchises, who announce rebuilds.......but the Canucks can't do it, because it is not cool! lol

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

they already have a handful of AHLers in the lineup.

What Guardian is asking is for more Megna!

Sure why not, but are there not previously drafted prospects to look at to see how far their progress is? Any drafted prospects in the Canuck development system are AHLer's aren't they?

Just wait and see.  We may very well get rid of Vanek  - so the absence of his scoring by itself wouldn't be without an effect.  We might get rid of Guddy - which allows their forecheck to get deeper and create more chances. And while we are reasonably healthy right now, you can rest assured the way things have been going we're due for another round of injuries to key guys.

We'll be "fine", and probably will have that guaranteed pick by the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, the Rangers were 1 point out of the playoffs and told their fans they were going to be moving older fan favorites, so what is the difference if we do it?

Chicago has said pretty much the same thing..........

Both original 6 franchises, who announce rebuilds.......but the Canucks can't do it, because it is not cool! lol

Those are "planned" dives, I am afraid the Canuck group wants to show progress in the last 25 games that mean nothing.

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Sure why not, but are there not previously drafted prospects to look at to see how far their progress is? Any drafted prospects in the Canuck development system are AHLer's aren't they?

absolutley lets play Holm and see what he can do and if there are any other options play them as well. Gaudette anyone?

1 minute ago, mikeyman109 said:

I think more is the possibilities of getting Dahlin

If the last two years have taught me anything, the possibilities are still slim and not worth sacrificing much for. Just play to the best of our ability and get whatever we'll get.

As a big 'ol power forward once said, "It is what it is."

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

A guaranteed #4 isn't worth doing anything for. Just keep trying to win. Send the right message to our kids that losing is not what we strive for in Vancouver.

Not being argumentive, but is not sitting a player out due to inconsistent play sending that message? Would not showing a player that he could be replaced be motivational?

A number 4 this year might be a Tkachuk at the worst.

3 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I think more is the possibilities of getting Dahlin

If we don't get Dahlin I'm fine with Bouchard or Dobson. Some good old Canadian kids.  Just need a partner for Juolevi long term.  Boquist looks pretty tantalizing too.

Archived