The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THIS IS THE DAY, Canucks get #7

TheGuardian_

21 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Doesn't look like it's been released yet, but I'd expect @Rush17 to be roughly right (early evening/late afternoon our time).  If memory serves me correctly they held the lottery before a game started (4pm pacific) and it took them a ridiculously long time to actually announce  the results (maybe a start time of 3, but didn't get to it until just before 4?)

They're still rehearsing/perfecting the scam.

St Louis or Detroit get it. The draft sim says so and it's right every year. :lol:

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎26 at 4:44 AM, Baggins said:

Garbage. The NHL isn't a babysitting service. He showed up in poor shape after a honeymoon summer and expected to have everything handed to him. Tanev was better defensively and Stecher was better offensively. Where did that leave Tryamkin? Well, needing to earn his ice time. Blaming management for his going home is just an easy cop out. He's a legend in his own mind. I see him as a guy that doesn't want to work for what he gets.

I believe they're called "millennials"

6 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

One more sleeps.

I wonder why they want to add to the agony by splitting the lottery in half?

Maybe so they can get more cameras to the final four for reactions?

Is there any NHL bigwigs in town?

Well if we are waiting to watch the 2nd half, I'm going to be happy regardless of where we land in the top 3.

I hope there are no bigwigs in town, they might see the beautiful weather and be like "screw it, this is such an amazing city, they don't need to win the draft. We will give it to a dump like Edmonton instead".

I had a dream last night and was a good one. It had nothing to do with todays draft but it is still on my mind. :rolleyes: 

I wonder what an excited Jim Benning looks like? Will we get to see his smiling face today?

36 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I wonder if the second intermission thing is just an attempt to bolster viewer ratings in Canada for that game?

I wonder if they are possibly catering to the western audience for good news ^_^

Despite the hope and the hype the Canucks drop one spot and a team that tanked has a chance at the top pick.

It is becoming very obvious that the draft is not doing what it is intended, not rewarding teams that tank.

Still this is a deep draft and it looks like Dobson or Bouchard will be available at #7, either could add to offence from the defence. Dobsonis a slightly better skater who played on a slightly less talented team.

Both players have some size and anybody watching the playoffs can see being able to "box out" the opposition in front of the net has some advantage.

Rome was not built in one day and the Canucks can now look forward to next years draft for an elite player and to become a force in the league in 4 more years.

Someone will fall out of the top 5. I am hoping we land one of the bigger D men. I doubt Bouchard will be there at 7. Dobson would look great in a Canuck uniform. At least we can stop talking about Dahlin now.

Sad we didnt win the lottery but we will still get a good young player.

Archived