The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THIS IS THE DAY, Canucks get #7

TheGuardian_

15 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Hope Montreal wins it. F Buffalo for trying to tank. Punish them with the third lol

I am kind of cheering for Carolina too

Yeah, Dahlin in Montreal would be good for the league. A re-built Habs team adds a level of panache beyond what Toronto can supply.

regards,  G.

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Despite the hope and the hype the Canucks drop one spot and a team that tanked has a chance at the top pick.

It is becoming very obvious that the draft is not doing what it is intended, not rewarding teams that tank.

That Carolina tank clearly paid off handsomely.    

15 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

My only question now is how do we refer to Buffalo's first d pair now? Would it be Rasmuses or Rasmii?

Against the Canucks, hopefully they are "Rasminuses".

regards,  G.

I don't understand to people contributing this to luck or a curse?

The organization has no one to blame but themselves this year because they decided to go on a winning streak at the worst possible time to close out the season. Their pick is actually based on the standings.  

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

I don't understand to people contributing this to luck or a curse?

The organization has no one to blame but themselves this year because they decided to go on a winning streak at the worst possible time to close out the season. Their pick is actually based on the standings.  

Ya, what's wrong with the stupid players on this team actually trying to win games.....

Dont understand people who say the Canucks  should have tanked more. Like how? They played without their top two players up front for at least a quarter of the season, they played without Tanev for a good part of the season , they played with a revolving door of ahl d men, and the goaltending was suspect on many nights. 

when they start winning again, and they will! ... At least we can hold our heads up with pride knowing it wasn’t done with the equivalent of a welfare cheque top 3 pick gifted rom the league. 

Im excited to see who they will choose at 7 

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Now we have to decide whether we want the dynamic flashy scoring winger in Wahlstrom or a defenseman

Hope Habs win Dahlin

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’m guessing it’s Dobson then. 

I read somewhere that Wahlstrom was out-shooting and out-scoring other notable former USNTDP players such as Matthews, Keller, Eichel, Tkachuk etc. (although matthews was there in his d-1 season)

Plus he's 205 lbs at 17. Power forward who can score and shoot - what we all want Virtanen to be pretty much

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

Ya, what's wrong with the stupid players on this team actually trying to win games.....

Did I say that? All I am saying is the winning streak at the end of the season caused the drop in position, not a conspiracy, curse or bad luck. 

4 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

I read somewhere that Wahlstrom was out-shooting and out-scoring other notable former USNTDP players such as Matthews, Keller, Eichel, Tkachuk etc. (although matthews was there in his d-1 season)

Plus he's 205 lbs at 17. Power forward who can score and shoot - what we all want Virtanen to be pretty much

Don't think he'll be there at 7, but if he is, take him and run.

7 hours ago, westvandude said:

No Dahlin means we can start the tank early for next year! Let's go boys!! need to finish last this time. Trade anything of value that's not gonna be part of our future team. Do what you need to do to silently tank all the way to the last spot next year. 

The tank started for next year when the Sedins retired.  Now we get what many wished for (bandaid is off), and will find out that even though they were slowing down that they still were the much better than the young guys who will replace them, at least for a year or two.

7 hours ago, westvandude said:

No Dahlin means we can start the tank early for next year! Let's go boys!! need to finish last this time. Trade anything of value that's not gonna be part of our future team. Do what you need to do to silently tank all the way to the last spot next year. 

We won't have to be silent or stealthy about, don't worry it will happen organically unless Pettersson is a PPG and we can roll two scoring lines out, stay healthy and Markstrom has more to offer.

10 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Dont understand people who say the Canucks  should have tanked more. Like how? They played without their top two players up front for at least a quarter of the season, they played without Tanev for a good part of the season , they played with a revolving door of ahl d men, and the goaltending was suspect on many nights. 

when they start winning again, and they will! ... At least we can hold our heads up with pride knowing it wasn’t done with the equivalent of a welfare cheque top 3 pick gifted rom the league. 

Im excited to see who they will choose at 7 

Personally, I'm hoping for a choice between Bouchard and Dobson, or Bouchard and Wahlstrom when the Canucks' turn arrives.

regards,  G.

Archived