The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

A wonderful game.  Canucks need to celebrate Chinese New Year before every game starting.

Nillson was surprising great, If he keeps this level, he will be a very valuable goalie.

Loui and Pouliot played very smart, keep it.

Virtanen looks he could fly, he created lots of chances  to himself and his line mates.

Stetch and Biege are fast and solid.

Guddy and Edler are very good  pair. Thanks Green to match them in a pair.

Bo is skillful, Boser need some score luck.

Deniel played very hard, looks liked he return to 7 years before.

3 hours ago, Creepy Crawler said:

I honestly think that if you give Nilson more ice time, he could be a better starter than Markstrom is.

Nilsson mental game is stronger to be a decent starter than Big mouth Marky.... What a game from everyone.. Jake was flying and throwing his body around, Guddy was playing beast mode today, honestly everyone showed up great game boyz..

58 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Sorry I’m not a hater, and am pro Benning, but how patient are we supposed to be ? Erickson will probably suck till his contract year then have a 25 goal season. 

Well, time will tell..but really feel as we add more speed, size & young pieces, he'll contribute much more than he has.

5 hours ago, Tystick said:

Absolutely DESTROYED.

<3

I maintain the only reason that Boston stayed in their box was there was not one of them including Chara, who wanted to go with Guddy. We HAVE to re-sign him imo. Edler put in some great hits  - because Guddy was on this team. Oh and it doesn't hurt to have Archie and Jake out there either.

Brilliant displays from Stech and Biega.

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Head and shoulders (literally) the top pairing.  They were rocking Pastrnak and Marchand all night -- don't think there was a single shift where those two weren't down on the ice.  Jake nailed the rat a few times as well, so it was definitely a team effort.  Total hits were 28:17.

Leaf Troll Botchford will be in tears when EG is re-signed, although happy that he has something to continue to whinge over to fill his Provies rag.

I like Guddy for what he is.  The issue of course is money and term.  I am sure he would like to stay here.   Hopefully, the nucks and his team can work out a fair deal for both sides.  I think Guddy is that type of guy where he just wants his value so I am confident something will be done.   With him and Archie in the line up you get the feeling that we got more than enough toughness.  

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I think the Oilers over achieved last year.  They ran into some adversity this year.  Lucic and Maroon haven't been as good and Talbot has been sketchy.  They're just not as deep as they need to be.  

When looking at teams in the Cap era, I'm beginning to think that it;s better to not have stars that you have to pay north of $10M and to have more good players.  Chicago is always having to work around the Toews and Kane salaries.  Ottawa is dumping cap in anticipation of having to pay Karlsson big bucks.  Lets look at Vegas with all their "pretty good" players and how they're sitting 2nd in the league right now.

Yep. And i think we are building towards a deep team that has many good players rather than one or two superstars.

A great game by everyone. Guys came out and played a very physical game, which surprised Boston players. I think we definitely need to keep Guddy, it's just hard to find physical player like him. And for a big guy he skates decently well and gets to pucks quick. Since bring payed with edler, he has had less problem moving the puck. Archibald type player is also very important to have in the lineup as well.

I think if we win the lotto, we can trade Tanev at the deadline or off season. If not keep Tanev one more season.

Edler-Gud

Juolevi-Tanev

MDZ-Stecher

Pouliot-Biega

Really liking Stecher's comeback after the start of the season. Virtanen is really gaining Green's trust as well. 

TG is really showing his developmental abilities with guys like them. He's also potentially weening out some players, such as Hutton, who will either take feedback to heart and progress, or not. 

We are headed on a special path here, boys and girls. 

4 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

That second period was the best Virtanen has ever played. More of that please.

The difference between marginal and true NHL'ers is consistency, and he's finally starting to show it. I think Green missed an opportunity last night though, by not playing Jake in any special teams he basically benches him for a large stretch of the 3rd period when all the penalties got called. Would it have been so hard to give him a PK shift in a game you are leading big in in the third period, in what is pretty much a meaningless season at this point? Throw the kid a bone Greener. 

How amateurish was that TV broadcast.  Put Benning on a bank of small monitors with a huge crease down the middle of his face.  Have him wearing those ridiculous headphones like he is reporting from a plane over Fallujah. Then still can't even keep the signal.

Then his answer that what he really wants at TDL is a fourth line goon just blew me away.  I thought he should get re-signed because of how good our prospect pool is looking especially given the state of the franchise he took over.  This answer though makes me wonder if he thinks it is still the 90s.   I still want to see another more progressive hockey guy brought into the organization, whatever you want to call the role VP hockey Ops that sort of thing.  Maybe someone who is good on camera as well.

4 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

The difference between marginal and true NHL'ers is consistency, and he's finally starting to show it. I think Green missed an opportunity last night though, by not playing Jake in any special teams he basically benches him for a large stretch of the 3rd period when all the penalties got called. Would it have been so hard to give him a PK shift in a game you are leading big in in the third period, in what is pretty much a meaningless season at this point? Throw the kid a bone Greener. 

I think Green has been clear on this, he doesn't want to put too much on Jake as he learns to be a pro.  He wants him to learn to be a solid 5v5 player, figure out the effort and the angles before he starts adding other facets to his game.  The knock on Jake has always been his hockey sense, this is probably the best way to develop his hockey sense and help him become an everyday player.  It is obvious he has all the tools.

I was thinking that it could look great having him on the wing with Gaudette.  Put Granlund or Erikkson on the other wing and start as third/fourth line.   First is set.  Sedin's will probably be back.  Then assuming that Benning is sticking with Sutter we are set down middle.  EP could start on wing or in A.

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

How amateurish was that TV broadcast.  Put Benning on a bank of small monitors with a huge crease down the middle of his face.  Have him wearing those ridiculous headphones like he is reporting from a plane over Fallujah. Then still can't even keep the signal.

Then his answer that what he really wants at TDL is a fourth line goon just blew me away.  I thought he should get re-signed because of how good our prospect pool is looking especially given the state of the franchise he took over.  This answer though makes me wonder if he thinks it is still the 90s.   I still want to see another more progressive hockey guy brought into the organization, whatever you want to call the role VP hockey Ops that sort of thing.  Maybe someone who is good on camera as well.

i must have heard a different broadcast. i heard benning say he wanted a tough forward who can play.  if that is for the 4th line, fine but i think he wants a forward to play like dorsett did. dorsett made several players a little bigger. 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think Green has been clear on this, he doesn't want to put too much on Jake as he learns to be a pro.  He wants him to learn to be a solid 5v5 player, figure out the effort and the angles before he starts adding other facets to his game.  The knock on Jake has always been his hockey sense, this is probably the best way to develop his hockey sense and help him become an everyday player.  It is obvious he has all the tools.

I was thinking that it could look great having him on the wing with Gaudette.  Put Granlund or Erikkson on the other wing and start as third/fourth line.   First is set.  Sedin's will probably be back.  Then assuming that Benning is sticking with Sutter we are set down middle.  EP could start on wing or in A.

There has to be a carrot at the end of the stick though. If he only gets 5 on 5 he only gets 8-10 minutes most nights. I've been perfectly fine for the most part with the way Travis has tried to make a real pro out of Jake, but there has to be some reward for him "getting it". 

Archived