The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Randorf and DeBrusk were really trying to sell goalie interference that wasn’t there on (Brock’s) Baertschi’s goal. 

DeBrusk was trying really hard not to be a fan of the Bruins with his son playing for them...he knows whose watching on tv and it's majority Canuck fans. 

3 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

This was a better victory than the Dallas game.  Boston was working to get in the game and just couldn't get traction due to some good play by pretty much every Canuck on the ice, not least of whom was Nilsson.  In the Dallas game, the Stars really weren't in it all game long and pretty much mailed it in.  Boston right off the start were working hard to take the game, but the Canucks were having none of it.  The Sutter line shut down the Bergeron line very well.  Virtanen had another strong game - I like that he's doing that more often now.  Perhaps he's going to make that next big step now.  Goldobin had a good two way game.  Baertschi played hard after being benched a game.  Stecher is finally starting to see some results for all of his hard work and the coaching staff looks like they've made adjustments to how we're exiting our own zone that are making the ice slant much more in our favour.  Even in the last two losses the effort has been better.  In the San Jose game, the team played well but the goaltending was the difference.  I like how the Sedins are finishing checks and also putting a bit more work in the defensive end.

Finishing checks and being harder on the puck, winning puck battles etc is exactly what Green is demanding from all players.  Tough but fair is Green's style as opposed to Willie's approach.

Hell, I even saw Goldobin win a puck battle deep in his own zone and skate the puck out (3rd period i think)

12 hours ago, Creepy Crawler said:

I honestly think that if you give Nilson more ice time, he could be a better starter than Markstrom is.

its hard to have a first string goalie that only plays well when he doesn't know he is playing

That has to be one of the best games I've ever attended at 800 Griffiths Way. 

Also anyone else at the game notice that the guy that won the China trip was one of Aquamans kids or relatives? 

I am almost %100 positive it was him... 

https://www.instagram.com/christianaquilini/

The other contestants all night were winning terrible prizes like tims cards and Lindt chocolate which were valued 50 bucks at most. 

lol...look at the Oil...pretty much have the 1st overall wrapped up (with their luck). Almost the same goals for and goals against with them having two games in hand.

I think most of their "A" prospects are with the big club, whereas, the Canuck's "A" prospects haven't played pro in North America...(Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlen, Juolevi) 

Demko. Goldy, Boucher, really the only ones and possibly a Dman or two on Utica (Holm, Wiercoich, McEneny) who've played pro...also Lind and Gadjovich in junior.

Time will tell whether the prospects will make it...lot's of hope there compared to the Oil...unless their NHL rookies start to play better.

image.thumb.png.dd63e703c1a1b5be0c6cd3b89d9e91cf.png

forgot to mention....Tryamkin.

image.png

12 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I think the Oilers over achieved last year.  They ran into some adversity this year.  Lucic and Maroon haven't been as good and Talbot has been sketchy.  They're just not as deep as they need to be.  

When looking at teams in the Cap era, I'm beginning to think that it;s better to not have stars that you have to pay north of $10M and to have more good players.  Chicago is always having to work around the Toews and Kane salaries.  Ottawa is dumping cap in anticipation of having to pay Karlsson big bucks.  Lets look at Vegas with all their "pretty good" players and how they're sitting 2nd in the league right now.

Harry Neale's fav adage(he's uttered on HNIC 'til the cows come home):

"It's not the team with the best players; it's the players with the best TEAM."

In this cap $, quasi-parity era, probably now holds more truth than ever.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Was fun watching what happened when that pairing was out there, total carnage on the Bruin forecheckers.  Marchand would be at the goal with Gudbranson next to him and when the whistle blew... he just skates away, not even a look or little cheeky stick-tap or anything.  The rat was totally caged last night, just as Ferklund has been put on a leash when we play the Flames.  No paper stats ever account for that.

This +10...

All the stats in the world will never cover for the intimidation of Guddy.

He and Edler may be the solution to handling western teams as well...Time will tell.

13 hours ago, Tystick said:

The Lucic signing isn't turning out so great after-all.

LMFAO.

Edit: Actually he's not doing that bad. I talked to some Edmonton fans and they blame a lot of this on Larrson being out.

Nah lucic is bad on that. Eriksson now has more goals this season than lucic despite playing fewer games and not getting set up by McDavid. Lucic is so slow and defensively is miserable. He has a lot of hits which is nice, but both biega and del zotto hit more than him so take it for what it’s worth. Plus he has one extra year on his contract compared to eriksson and oilers are far more cap strapped than the Canucks. No idea why Edmonton fans like him but 21 games with no goals and 10 games with no points doesn’t spell “6 million dollar power forward” to me. 

also larsson missed like, 8 games? Doesn’t explain a whole season down the drain. 

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This +10...

All the stats in the world will never cover for the intimidation of Guddy.

He and Edler may be the solution to handling western teams as well...Time will tell.

still need to draft Defense men in this years draft.Edler is on his last legs and Gudbranson is hurt way to often for my liking. I agree he has impact when healthy, he just is never healthy

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

nice...and he is a die hard Bruin fan....I wonder how he feels tonight with the Orca killing the Bruin.

Funny..was wondering the same thing? Maybe him & Jimbo need to hug it out, with a taster's choice moment(Matt Damon/Robin Williams) & a cathartic cry.

(it's not yer fault, Gaud)...

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

still need to draft Defense men in this years draft.Edler is on his last legs and Gudbranson is hurt way to often for my liking. I agree he has impact when healthy, he just is never healthy

Goes without saying...

Still we need tough defensemen and more of them. 

In the 2011 team we had Alberts and Rome as 6-7-8 defensemen... Both big guys who could lay out a hit and handle big guys.

The difference between the two defensive rosters are like night and day. Skill and size....

1 hour ago, lmm said:

its hard to have a first string goalie that only plays well when he doesn't know he is playing

Heh, they could hire me on full-time to come up with creative ways to let Nilsson know he's not playing until the last moment.

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Goes without saying...

In the 2011 team we had Alberts and Rome as 6-7-8 defensemen... Both big guys who could lay out a hit and handle big guys.

The difference between the two defensive rosters are like night and day. Skill and size....

totally agree

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Goes without saying...

In 2011 guys like Ehrhoff and the Sedins don't have room out the without the bigger defense and Raffi keeping their heads on a swivel.

Archived